Disney Parks: Rip Paradise Pier Edition

>you have lived long enough to see every original idea at Disney be replaced with movies you don't even like that much

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_fPrqhMT-a4?t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=v4JAXofHhlk
youtube.com/watch?v=3r8yT1VknLE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are they doing to the pier?

Rebrand into Pixar Pier

still shocked by the lack of waifuism in the last thread

Last thread was pretty comfy, thanks anons. Now that Disney owns Fox, is there any Fox property you want in the park? Anything at Universal you’re worried about?

Which makes no sense since that area has the Little Mermaid ride, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Goofy's Sky School and some other rides which are not going to be rethemed to Pixar so the whole land makes no thematic sense.

Given Lasseter is sexual deviant the whole thing should be dropped.

if they do things with fox i hope its at studios

Alice is supposed to be a 7 year old girl, I can never take it seriously when she is being played by a tall ass 23 year old woman.

If they wanted to make that area mor Disney why didn't they just name it Disney pier, Disney's paradise pier or something? They could put pixar stuff but would make more sense that those rides are remaining.

I'm going to be outraged if it's literally anywhere else.

I stand by my claim that the ONLY parks that should have attractions based on prestablished franchises is Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. And the only ones at Magic Kingdom should strictly be based on movies exclusively in Disney Canon

plus you know the whole cars land thing
and buzz and nemo already being in tomorrowland

I like park Alice's bangs.

does it bother you seeing star tours in disneyland?

>Alice is supposed to be a 7 year old girl

Daily reminder that Disney bulldozed half of one of their parks for a fucking Star Wars land.

Well not quite. Half of that is Toy Story Land. They only took out the car stunt show stadium and the backlot tour to accommodate all the new stuff.

I'm still mad they killed the Great Movie Ride. That was my favorite attraction when I went as a kid, and I only grew to appreciate it more as I got older.

That would be alright, there's so much great awe inspiring story in Star Wars. So much wonder and adventure. And then the Last Jedi happened and now the fun's over.
I wonder what was lost in the bulldozing. Everyone has a favorite movie or show or character, and Discorp would have something involving that at some location in the park system.

It was old and stale, they should have updated it every few years but no. I liked it but I'm glad it's gone. The last several times I went on it the guides or whoever were pretty shit, put no effort in at all.

THIS. So much this. One of the coolest attractions on property killed off for another cartoon overlay.

>Star Wars is dead
You're 18 years late to this party.

Im talking World exclusively. Land doesn't have the privilege of having multiple parks to put thematically appropriate rides, so the Disney Lands get a pass imo

Disney and MGM have been on bad terms since the park opened in 1989, the contract expired in 2008, to continue to use the MGM properties in the ride Disney had pay royalties and since they have been cost cutting they don't want to do that anymore. It's the reason why Tower of Terror was rethemed in California and Tokyo with the others parks soon to follow but fan backlash halted that for the time being. Disney doesn't want to keep paying CBS for the Twilight Zone theme.

>people absolutely hate the Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Land
>Disney could give less of a shit and continues to mutilate the themeing of DCA
Why? Why are they so fucking desperate to have Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars shit in the parks when the last two are already well represented and the first doesn't need anything past merchandising options? Tower of Terror is now a hideous corpse of a ride thanks to them.

>Disney doesn't want to keep paying CBS for the Twilight Zone theme.
Then they should do what they were originally going to do in the 80s and make an entirely new ride with its own story. The fact that Haunted Mansion is now the only spooky themed ride in any of the parks is bullshit.

Disney said on their blog a couple of months back that Guardians had the highest guest satisfaction rating in the whole of DCA. Which amuses me given the backlash. I bet most of the people complaining have never even seen the Twilight Zone anyway.

If they change the ride at World I'm going to be livid

The current head of the Parks division is Bob Chapek and he primarily got the job because Ike Perlmutter wanted him there. So naturally, someone that's Ike's protege is about as much of a cheap bastard as he is.

Rumblings suggest it is going to get changed at some point, but not to Guardians. Disneyland Paris's version however is due to close at the end of this year to get the Guardians makeover sadly.

Tower of Terror's history was actually a lot more complicated than that. First it was going to be a Stephen King themed ride, then it was going to be something involving Mel Brooks, then it finally became Twilight Zone themed. Seems to me they never knew what they wanted to do for it, only that it had to be vaguely horror themed.

>But not to guardians
I wonder what it could be then

Probably some Pixar shit.

>Gee, Ollie

Looks rad, probably a deeper experience of the world than TLJ

Finding Nemo

Avatar's already in Animal Kingdom though, and Guardians is coming to Epcot. It's too late.

That picture is very out of date, here's one taken yesterday of Toy Story Land at least.

everyone ive seen or heard thats been on it loved it
caption this

Oh I know it is. Just a dream of mine for an ideal World

I think they changed it so they had to follow the script word for word
>
youtu.be/_fPrqhMT-a4?t=7s
>people actually think hs will be good after star wars and toy story
still barely a full park

That park will still feel dead to me without Great Movie Ride.

On one hand, I get it, because Twilight Zone has little cultural relevance at the moment (though a revival is in the works, but it's not a Disney property anyway). On the other, I fucking love Twilight Zone and love that ride and it would be a shame to lose the theming.

>Removing my favorite ride based on my favorite show
Damn right I'm going to pitch a fit

>he never read the original book

fun fact tiana said I was handsome

Just to avoid kvetching forever about how Disney is changing shit here's a different topic: food for brief /cock/ shenanigans. MK/DLR attendees which restaurants are your favorite to eat at? I'm DLR attendee and Plaza Inn's chicken with view of the firework show is my top choice. Special mention to Carnation Cafe's delicious burgers and lemonade.

I'm still made about The Great Movie Ride lads

Having my tram taken over by a 40s mobster and watching him interact with a dance show, Alien, and Indiana Jones was the hypest shit ever and a highlight of Hollywood Studios. But at least we get more Star Wars I guess.

In Land, the pirates cafe is incredible. Peaceful swamp and mint juleps at the table, fuck yeah. For MK, gotta go with Be Our Guest. The grey stuff is more okay than delicious, but the theming alone is incredible.
That picture is so fucking depressing. At least you’re good enough for a princess, though.

>tfw i went on it last march and didnt realize it was closing
Would have ridden it a couple more times.

Cinderella blew a kiss at me

>with view of the firework show
I've thought about trying that and I've never noticed an angel that wasn't blocked by trees.
>Carnation Cafe
It's almost mandatory for me to have some fried pickles.

>Be tinkerbell CA
>Wear short enough dress that everyone occasionally gets a look at your panties.

whatatimetobealive.jpg

I couldn't even check out the handprints because they were doing some reserved dinner over it. To be honest I enjoyed my time at HWS when I last went in November.

flame tree at dak is my shit

i know it's not Disney, but Mythos at Universal Orlando is the coolest goddamn restaurant i've ever been in and the food is really good. i had a dessert thing there with caramelized banana that i still remember ten years later.

literally connected at the butt. hilarious

also i kinda wonder how terrifying it is being on a really tall float while its moving. I get freaked out at work when i have to go get something up on a high shelf in a stationary picker

>Be Cinderella
>Lean down just enough to give the surrounding daddies a peep

GotG is mechanically EXACTLY the same ride as ToT was, but the Cali version was so technically inferior to the FL version it works. DCA ToT was crap compared to DHS ToT

it's freaky when it first gets moving, because they move faster than it looks like they do, but once you get moving, it's fine, as long as the height itself doesn't bother you.

wew lad, well atleast she gets ventilation out of that thing cant imagine how any of the other CA's who have to wear a full dress like merida can withstand the Cali summers or humid as hell florida

i have this upskirt i wasnt trying to get
are you a parade perfomer?

I stayed at the Pop Century on my last visit. Normally I stay at Port Orleans Riverside, been a while since I been at a Allstar resort. So usually when I get back from a park my menu item is gonna be a pizza. I don't know if certain foods are exclusive because I didn't see the flatbread pizza. I got what I think was called "A Big Slice of Pepperoni Pizza". A large quarter slice that I recall this costing $11. I also recall it tasting exactly like Digiorno. I probably could have gotten two whole Digiorno pies for that price.

Star Wars

tfw you've allways wanted to be a pinfag. but is it really worth it if you rarely get the opportunity to get to the parks and pins cant be cheap especially good pins or limited edition ones.

I think they have to say that... iv gotten it from tiana and Rapunzel

Lewd

you can get some online for cheap
they dont have to ive met all of them (some more then once) and thats the only time ive heard it dont ruin in mate
I dont know who this is but she is my type

do they come out before the show now?

my friend had a wedding over at disneyworld
and they paid extra for disney characters to show up
got to dance with Ariel, was a bit drunk so I hit on her
and she just scolded me

Unless the pins are from Disneystore.com then they are almost definitely counterfeit. Those cheap lots you find on ebay are all fakes.

>Those cheap lots you find on ebay are all fakes.
I know nothing of the pins but would like to get into them, is there any sure-fire way to know authentic ones from fakes?

im a huge disney fan but I still couldn't imagine having a character at my wedding
I get mine on facebook but i just order specific ones not big lots or you can get sealed ones on ebay from boosters

There are a lot of guides on Youtube and various websites.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4JAXofHhlk

I was really in to pin trading but once I noticed all the fakes in circulation I gave up. Giving away a $10 pin to get a worthless fake in return sours the experience.

Took me a while to realize that DHS stood for Disney Hollywood Studios and not Department of Homeland Security.I need to stay off Sup Forums for a while

Wow, well thats a bummer but thank you for the warning.

>can't think of anything but numale face
goddammit

I need to get off Sup Forums entirely

Does it really matter? They will still be accepted literally anywhere with trading.
The only difference is the factory it came from.

It sounds like the quality on the fakes is pretty shit so thats a good reason to care.

Yeah, since September.

I'm surprised nobody yelled white washing yet

underrated show imo are those your pics?
youtube.com/watch?v=3r8yT1VknLE

If it’s a collection you take pride in, why would you want worthless shit quality fakes in it?

No, I'm just hoarding shit from social media sites. Mostly Instagram and Flickr.

maybe something Incredibles related since the second movie is coming out this year, could also see it maybe being something related to Coco since that movie turned out surprisingly well in both profitability and critical response

it would never happen but now I'm imagining Tower of Terror turned into a Gargoyles themed ride, with it made to look like Xanatos's tower

they really should have just closed the park entirely during this reconstruction(I think that more than anything would be the thing Disney's done recently involving the parks that would have ticked Walt off if he was still alive)

The slug chick on the monster inc ride called me a hunk.

that one above is mine from the first public showing

>non Asian actors playing Asian roles
thank God they're not black or Latino roles
or tumblr would've had a field day

I got physically pulled into line shenanigans with Alice while waiting in line for Star Tours the day it reopened as 2.0