Recent Purchases/Gifts/Shelves/Show off

buyfags hows it going? have a good holidays? what'd you get

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/ (Worldwide)
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
mycomicshop.com/ (Worldwide)
tfaw.com (Worldwide)
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery adress outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Other urls found in this thread:

crushingkrisis.com/definitive-guide-to-collecting-x-men-as-graphic-novels/collecting-uncanny-x-men-94-280-comic-books-as-graphic-novels/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump for interest

Still like the spine for the Fourth World omni.

No photo, but I picked up TMNT IDW HC vols 2, 3 and 4. Once I finish reading the He-Man mini comics collection (thanks Scribs!), I'm gonna read all 4 and enjoy the fuck out of them. And then see about buying book 5 soon.

My shelf. Thanks again to ComicArtistAnon for The visitor: How and Why He Stayed.

Planning on buying the Animal Man omnibus, Dylan Dog Case Files, Orc Stain and The Marquis. Do you guys have any other recs?

Nothing new, Im thinking about getting the translated Punk Rock Jesus deluxe but its expensive as fuck, will ask for an interstore order between Guadalajara's and here and will probably get a new Kraken bottle.

Anyone got the new BPRD omni? Why do we have to wait so long until the others?:(

el bumpo

It's been a while since i posted mine, only new addition Is whatever happened to the man of tomorrow, thanks again!

Posted mine to kick off the last thread, wasn't aware there was another one in progress, so my bad. Anyways, might drop a pic of what I got over Christmas break later.

Heads up for anyone who lives near an Ollie's Bargain Outlet, they have DC trades going for stupid cheap. It's mostly New 52 and collections of bronze age comics, but there's some decent stuff in there. All of this was $22 total.

Different user, I am about 2/3 through and the binding is solid, too.
>one of the pages of Mr Miracle pencils in the bonus content is labeled "miracle man"

>Shelves

I'm used to ctrl+f 'shelf' dont do this to me

came to Sup Forums to ask about trades, so i hope you dont mind if i post here instead of making a thread.
is there a site that shows you what comics are in what trade? specifically im looking for uncanny x-men from abouts 250 to 400ish, i looked on amazon and saw they generally are put in trades by storyline, so it will have some uncanny, some xmen, maybe a wolverine or cable in it etc... but then some of the more recent runs are just uncanny x-men 525-530.
did they never put the older runs together by themselves or am i just looking up the wrong things?
thanks for any help

ComicBookRealm might be what you're looking for?

i doubt all that has been collected, it seems like most classic x-men collections don't really collect that much of the claremont run past his first 100 or so issues. i think you're better off just tracking down the single issues online are at used bookstores

My LCS (well the chain, the store in question will be close to an hour drive but I'll still make it) will be having George Perez there.

I'll likely try to find some WW back issue for him to sign.

I doubt you be so lucky but most trades say in the first few pages what issues they collect. So if the website shows a few pages of the book you could find out there.
Other than that my best guess is to know which issue numbers certain writers begin/end on and go for books with them as writer (since even trade covers would list writer and artist).

Reposting Christmas gifts since my book club's white elephant gift exchange party wasn't till last week.

I really liked that Nicole Claveloux collection.
How's Twilight of the Bat?

it's the first Batman story I've genuinely enjoyed in years

From the pull list around New Year.

Great setup. Is that Issue 1 of Hellboy Framed or just a print of the cover?

Won the jackpot at the gift exchange.
Dude was throwing in everything, INCLUDING AN ENTIRE RUN OF Y THE LAST MAN.
But I've already started collecting that in Hardback so I'm tempted to give the paperbacks away to local library for others to enjoy.

And most recent stuff from pull list. Which doesn't include Headlopper cause it was recalled or some such issue the LCS keeps saying happened.

It's the first issue, bought it for my birthday last year.

If you want something Hellboy-esque but a bit more fun/outrageous/goofy Atomic Robo has some nice thicc tpbs out now, ive got the first one its solid.

nice mignolaverse stuff user

Dude pull your books to the front of the shelf, why you got them all buried at the back?

Jealous. I own an original piece of Hellboy by Mignola but that issue 1 would be nice to own.

I know his original art goes for a pretty penny but I wonder how much is circulating or when he'll stop doing fan commissions.

Amazon lists the contents on 99% of books in the description, its just at the bottom.. thats usually my go to since its so simple but if you Wiki the specific series theres also for MOST stuff a list of collected editions and their ISBN numbers with description of whats collected in them.

As far as those specific Xmen issues? i have no idea

I don't know about the specific ones you are looking for but usually, sellers provide information regarding the comics that are being collected in the trades. if you want to search the other way around, it will be quite hard unless you find some nerd who knows every trade created.
your best bet is to ask here and in other forums but I don't think all of those were collected in trades anyway.

crushingkrisis.com/definitive-guide-to-collecting-x-men-as-graphic-novels/collecting-uncanny-x-men-94-280-comic-books-as-graphic-novels/

Thank me later

I got this from a friend as a Christmas present.

Not that user, but I would like to see the Mignola piece if possible.

What are the best absolute editions? I was thinking about trying to get absolute justice, are there any other good ones?

Promethea
The new frontier

Neat. Is it an omnibus of the IDW runs? Or some kinda sample of all kinds of TMNT comics?

Promethea
Sandman Overture

It's a normal tpb collection of the first 5 issues of the TMNT Universe series. There are omnibuses that seem pretty neat though.

Top 10

If you mean the AlexRoss/PaulDini omnibus it's pretty damn good.

Did anyone pick up the new annotated edition of Watchmen/how is it?

It's not much. I deeply regret getting Haruhi Suzumiya and Gantz

Could always give up what ya don't like to used bookstores or local library or drum fires.

>tfw have to wait till june or so to finally read Hellboy for the first time because they are selling the Omnibus versions for the first time
and I actually thought about wasting my money on the paperbacks or the library editions

Oh hey, glad it arrived safely! And to such a sweet collection too

The library editions are damn worth it tho. But i understand you, there are going to be 5 omnibuses this year

Different user, but I'm probably going to go for the omnibus versions too. The Libraries look great, but are ~$45-$65 each up in Canadaland, and the omnibus versions are $33.

exactly what i was looking for, thanks user. and thanks for all others who helped.

Have been a poorfag for a while and only recently indulged my interest in comics over the last year or so, so I'm only just starting my collection with these being my first real purchases. I have some other floppies at my old apartment but I don't care for them much since they're mostly random New 52 titles that came with 3 packs sold at Walmart for 5 bucks each. (The good ones being an early issue of Larfleeze, one of the Batman Annuals, and a Justice League 300 issue)

inb4 John's is a hack, I think his stuffs decent

Next purchases are gonna be Warren Ellis' Moon Knight run, the first volume of Supersons, and the hardcover edition of The New Frontier

Imaginary Fiends sounds interesting. How is it?

As a poorfag, you should buy your comics online.
IST is a good constant, and Hamilton Books has some great finds at disgustingly low prices.

I bought the first out of curiosity and forgot to read it. Bought the second out of courtesy. Still need to read both before the 3rd comes out.

What's the quality like on the DC Archive editions?

As someone who owns too many of them, I think they're really good.

Good binding, nice stocky pages and the little introductions are neat. You really get what you pay for but they were pricey and the line has been cancelled due to low sales afaik.

Worst part is it'll take years of omnibuses retreading the same, already collected stories to get to uncollected stories.

The books on their side are my new stuff. "Why are you doing this" is my first exposure to Jason and I'm intrigued enough to continue. Excited about the rest too.

I have the two Kamandi Archives. They're nice, but they cost too much. I also have the floppies, and the shifty pulp paper omnis.
Looking forward to the march so I can buy Kamandi for the fourth time.

>autocorrect grrr

Bump. Nothing new, next purchases are going to be Abe Sapien vol 1, BPRD Hell on earth vol 1, and maybe King City.

It's not fair. That Fourth World omni is fucking gorgeous but DC had to fuck up and print the wrong pages in places.

Well, cost isn't a problem, and if they've been cancled, that explains why these $50 books are being sold for $8.

It's just one page, not that big of a deal.

I'll take that into consideration, my recent purchases are all from Amazon so I do buy online already but new sources are always welcome. My LCS is pretty teeny and the selections not super great plus the guys there aren't kinda short talkative wise, so it feels awkward being in there too long.

? I was going to buy this but now I'm hesitant

There's one page that got duplicated elsewhere in the book, but the page that got replaced was just a cover, so you really don't lose any story content. It's not that big of a deal, but the cover was nice.

How's Harrow County my fellow mignolfag?

I will own it this year.

the story is pretty good, and it seems like it can fit in the mignolaverse, so if your a fan of BPRD I recommend it. The third trade was kind of weak but it the first 2 are really good and the ones after that get good again. I haven't kept up with it after the 5th trade but from what I have seen it looks like its getting a lot better, also the art is my favorite part about it, I love Tyler Crooks style

ayy I have that same Doom figure

Anybody got any opinions on Kathryn Immonen's Journey into Mystery? I've been planning on getting the ultimate collection, but I'd like to know what Sup Forums thinks of it and if it's worth the price.

>The third trade was kind of weak but it the first 2 are really good and the ones after that get good again

I forget it it was Bunn or Crook who said Harrow County was pitched as 12 issues and they would extend it beyond their original story if it did well. So I'm guessing having her kill her sister was the original end of the story. That said I thought the revelation in vol 3 was a strong hook to keep going

It's very entertaining. Art is excellent and the writing is fair as well. The first half has references to pre-Thor JiM, the second has Bill and in between is a great one shot with Volstagg's daughter.

Basically every Absolute Edition is around the same size and quality, dunno if theres minor binding differences between them but most books that size are constructed to the same level... Now the fact that some are so goddamn big the weight of the pages pulls the binding loose, thats something else

Just got the GL omnibuses, some LOSH, Planetary, The Authority and finished collecting Y the last man. Looking forward to the new batches of omnibuses and more 90's stuff from DC.

Waiting for Hell on Earth, Man-Thing Complete Collections, Howard the Duck Complete Collection 1 and Cerebus 1-4.
Probably won't be buying anything in February except for the new JoJo hardcover.

So serious question, are the printing errors in the JLI omni really THAT bad?

Not really.

Are those "Integral" versions easy to get? Its scaring me a little that Conquest seems harder and harder to find by the day.

I have been on a mother fucking roll lately. I snagged Justice hardcover, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia hardcover, Suicide Squad vol 5 and 6, and Batman: The Judas Coin for $40 on facebook. Hiketeia alone is worth $60, and Justice retails for $40. The kicker? Hiketeia is signed by JG Jones too.

Then I snagged Black Adam: the Dark Age for $15 on Amazon.

Then I got the Astro City: Tarnished Angel hardcover for $20!

I'm finding all this good out of print shit for below retail and nearly a third of what they value at.

Nevermind this, seems like the first one is even harder to get than the Omnibus and the second one lacks Nova, my guess is that Panini published it on its own in spain.

>kraken
My man

I bought Blueberry: La piste des Navajos, Blake and Mortimer: La Marque Jaune and 3 Tex Willers from this decade. Cheap, 2€ in total.

I remember my brother complaining about spending too much on getting all the Blake & Mortimer stuff, I should let him know about this to make him upset.

I'll be getting this bad boy in the mail soon. Also got the complete Bone as a gift.

>got the complete Bone
heh I'll bet you did

Kek

Okay, I fucking laughed

Recently got:
>Punpun Volume 2
>Prison School Volume 1
>Batman Deluxe Editon V1
>Superman Deluxe Edition V1
>Becky Cloonan's Dracula

My son I must rebuke you. Prison School is a pretty shit series but the author has a god-tier one called Me and the Devil Blues. Get that instead.

SHE LIKES SAND IN HER VAGINA?