What's the western cartoon equivalent of running with toast in your mouth because you're ditzy and relatable and super...

What's the western cartoon equivalent of running with toast in your mouth because you're ditzy and relatable and super late for school?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZr7XkFZJcw
youtube.com/watch?v=WlRV6yxZUSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lying in bed with a hot pocket because the parents are both at work and you've missed the bus.

Skateboarding to school.

Grabbing the back of a moving vehicle while on your skateboard

It's called 'skitching'. Fucking poseur.

Thanks Haitch
I wouldn’t know. I was never fucking late.

>I was never fucking late.
You were probably never even schooled. UNTIL NOW

school bus

Fuck man, I can’t even come back to that. Good on you.

You run thought your neighbors backyards while saluting, and apologizing for the inconvenience.

But if you are Keanu reeves, then it's pretty much same as Rei.

Running for the bus while frantically trying to tie your unfinished shoelaces.

[ ] Not told
[ ] Told
[x] FUCKING TOLD

Sneaking into the classroom just to get caught by the teacher last minute and getting a detention

Skipping school

Get hit by your parents for missing it again
Maybe one morning fight back, get hit harder and cigarrette burned on your inner thigh

Skateboarding late to school and trying to sneak into class only to get caught by the bully who wedgies you on top of the flagpole and air guitars the national anthem Hendrix style before the teacher gives you both detention where he blames you for your current situation so he some how uses that to get you to plan your escape and you both hide out in the bathroom and explore your sexuality that first starts off as a form of bullying but you both enjoy it so you spend more time together and form a relationship that confuses the both of you but you start to feel that it makes sense and that maybe it's okay to feel this way with another dude, but the football team calls you queers so you spend time apart, but distance makes you want each other more as you realize that no one is the same anymore and no one's company you prefer more than your bully's.

yeah i see this one all the time

Plot twist: the bully is an alien only you can see

That's pretty gay user.

Does Japan not have School buses?

not quite
japanese would prefer walking, biking, commuting, or if you are sakura kinomoto rollerblading, to school rather than take a bus, which would be quite impractical in japan

Maybe in rural areas.

>or if you are sakura kinomoto rollerblading
Genuinely kek'd at this.

Running with a croissant in your mouth because you're ditzy and relatable and super late for school.

OP said equivalent, not shameless ripoff.

Awkwardly weeaboo shows are cheating user

This. The French are notorious weebs so this was made on purpose to reference the toast thing in anime.

>Awkwardly weeaboo shows
You got that right. They couldn't even go for an actual anime style that wouldn't look like it was drawn for preschoolers.
Then again, the writing is on the same level so at least it's not misleading...

sliding the stair ramp before grabbing your mom's lunch and catching a yellow bus for school

Kind of weak.

Probably this.

That butterfly guy needs to get a fucking life

So how does the teacher find out?

Pls write a comic on this user

>go to school
>get shot

He's also an alien.

youtube.com/watch?v=KZr7XkFZJcw

He just thinks you're acting out and wedgieing yourself into a flagpole for attention

question from a non burger, most american shows only depict schools as classrooms and alleys of lockers, is it for narration convenience or do your schools don't have an open area for kids to chill our during free time/pauses?I'm not talking about the yard in front of the street, but more like a playground. the only time I see it in shows is for really young kids.It's weird

That's just every Parisian in the morning. Except sometime they run with a chocolatine instead

Middle-aged office worker man tire of his job.

youtube.com/watch?v=WlRV6yxZUSQ

I was homeschooled and still called in on Snowdays.

There was. I used to hang out by the stadium bleachers after finishing lunch during lunch break.

similar to this, but there were other areas around the school that had benches and grassy areas to lounge in and whatnot.

I'm sure my experience isn't universal but where I'm from we only got recesses up to the 5th grade, from middle school onward there was just no such thing as a "play ground" and I don't know what fuckin' free time you're talking about because once recess was gone, there weren't any fucking free periods except for lunch, where you weren't really aloud to leave the cafeteria. though there was sometimes a little outdoor eating area you could go to.

>chocolatine

It depends. If you're in warmer states like California you can find open-air congregation areas, but from colder places are different.

Yeah but how does he know you're late if the bully doesn't expose you.

>all the positive comments and 45K likes
kim jong un can push that button now, it's fine, yeah its fine, go ahead, it's fine....it's fine.

burning your tongue on the coffee

Sounds horrible.

Even as an adult I get two breaks at work but to only have one at school is insane.

Worst simpsons couch gag ever.

Sounds pretty bad man. Around there there's always like 20-30 minute free time every 2 hours of class. lunch time also have a pause before and after the actual food serving for kids who can eat with their parents. And even in higher years, you always end up with a few free slots in the schedules so if you are at school you literally have time to kill.
It might sound a lot but school days start at 8h00 and end at 16h30 (17h later)

Recess/Field time ended with middle school. For highschool (grade 9-12, 14-18 y/o) it was just a 30 minute lunch in the middle of the day, nothing else

So the reason you see that is it's very common that we don't have open area's - or free time at all - except for younger kids, up to age 12 or so.

>almost no breaks
Damn. No wonder American kids hate school.

>Even as an adult I get two breaks at work
>two breaks
...how long are these two breaks?

In America you get a 30 minute lunch break provided you work a shift of 6 and 1/2 hours. That's all that's required by law. Anything more than that, or for less time, is entirely dependent on your state or company

We don't get breaks. Even recess was just a 30 minute period during the day. On the other hand, we get school day done in about half the time as you, in about 8 hours. It's essentially a job, for kids

Is... is this not normal?

>implying showing up late to school carries any penalty in america
you barely even need to show up

schools care about keeping their graduation rates up above all other things
we had a thing called room 100 where all the chronic trouble makers would get sent
basically kept them out of general population and allowed them to graduate without actually doing work

it was a room in the basement with an xbox and the kids would be sent there to have a TA essentially do all their work for them

10 minutes every 2 hours is literally mandatory by law. I think it extend to 30 minutes for factorie workers/physical labour.

What free time? What pauses? Most schools have playgrounds with basketball courts/football fields, if that's what you're asking.

But you'd be there during gym class or after school. During the day you're either in class or going to class, or you're at lunch. Lunch rooms often have an outdoor area as well as an indoor area.

>What free time? What pauses?
Apparently, the rest of the world have more breaks besides lunch. S'fucking wierd m8

Rei is the best

It's just weird. I live in Europe and back when I was in school we had short breaks between every two subjects, not to mention a separate lunch break. And we still finished in about 8 hours.

for a 8 hour day it seems extreme. I can feel how unfocused the end of the day can get. Recess are also great for socializing.

SEVENTEEN HOURS A DAY AT SCHOOL?! AM I READING THIS CORRECTLY?!

also school opens early and close late so parents that work can let their kids at 7h30 am and pick them at 18h00 if they can't get home alone

that's not even the worst of it. In some countries like Japan and Korea due to a combination of this and cram school kids literally get schooled from 8 to 8.

more like 9 at minimum, since there's a one hour lunch break.
But kids will do more since they need to be there before the class starts and if your parents work you can stay until 18h (6pm), and that extra time is done in a classroom, where you are supposed to just wait, do your homework or other silent stuff.

How torturous and tedious for something as useless as modern education.

While "Power of Love" plays in the background?

Japan start their day at 10 am iic. hey have fewer hours per day BUT have really few holidays so they end up spending lots of time at school over the year.I'm not even sure those anime tropes where they clean up and go home at sunset are actually that late in the day, it could just be winter/autumn

The playground is not accessible during school hours. There was a yard they let you play in but it was just an expanse of hard pavement, though I see they've since covered it with astroturf. Maybe enough kids cracked their heads open playing on it that they were forced to cover it.

And there is no such thing as "pauses". You get lunch, recess directly after, then it's back to classes for another four hours.

I don't remember school well but If I recall right it was about an 8 hour day with 2 half hour breaks

Sounds lame.

Sounds worse.

Having a full breakfast with coffee and orange juice and leaving it on the table cause the bus is honking

Education should just be standardized across the planet. It would iron out the worst of each system while keeping only the good parts.

DAMAGE CONTROL
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

Alternatively you end up with the worst aspects of each system.

It's not that lame, if your parents works you are better at school with friends imo.
Also all that compact school time leaves many, many (too) many holidays time. nearly 15 days every 6 weeks + 2 whole month in Summer.

Globalism is bad and you should feel bad.

US schools sound fucking awful. Here in Australia basically half the school is outside areas and that's not including football ovals, tennis courts etc. Also my high school was weird in that the days were super short, I only had like 6 hours max of classes a day with both a recess and a lunch break.

They spend all this time at school and somehow most of them are still dumb as fuck.

It would solve most of the worlds problems in 10 generations max.

No it's not, not when done right, but that's for another thread on another board.

School is not meant for learning, it's a daycare where parents put their kids while they're at work

I fell you. When I went to middle school we didn't have PE or any outside time unless you were on some rare sports team. Fuck, now that I think about it I've never been to a school with a sports team, and I'm in East TN, FOOTBALL central.

Yeah but even daycares let the kids spend time outside frequently.

If you let them outside the clever ones might escape

The US school systems are a joke. We're still primarily utilizing a system intended for children during a time when every kid was expected to help on the farm even though improved technology, and better educational systems have made that type of learning woefully outdated.

Australians shouldn't talk about dumb Americans when their own schools don't even teach them basic grammar.

Not really. A lot of stuff was locked down after Columbine.

I see you too played Tony Hawk

Well that certainly worked.

by causing a genocide of the free spirits, then a stagnation that would immediately be seized by religious fanatics to impose a global Sharia. What a great future you have there, happy slave

Shame they couldn't lock down a better standard of mental health care.

>and better educational systems have made that type of learning woefully outdated.
yet the old system had better result when it came to literacy and basic knowledge.

Globalism would fucking kill islam. Things only get as bad as they have because things are so segregated.