How can we fix Iron Man?

So, with RDJ leaving after IW, and Bendis leaving the title after #600, it seems to me Iron Man can start being good again. But after so many years of character assassination and awfulness, how can the character and his world be salvaged. What's next for the IP? How can it be fixed?

Personally, I'd just go full-on Metal Gear with it. Embrace the silliness of it all, but don't let it get in the way of proper storytelling. I mean, the guy already has a suit made out of a lobotimized symbiote for God's sake. Where's his 'Nanomachines, Son' moment? Stop trying to ground the tech so much and just go allout. He lives in a universe with fishmen and Norse and Greek Gods who team-up with Chinese Gods to fight Japanese Gods, all the while Aliens are comitting genocides two planets nearby.

Apart from that, revamp the villains a bit because they legitimately have tons of potential, bring back the classic characterization, bring back the supporting cast and round it up, and give the book a clear "voice".

Honestly, the best thing for Iron Man right now would be a AAA budget video game ans hire good writers for it. They already said that they plan to make an MGU with the ps4 Spiderman, and Tony's villains, while having great potential as characters and adversaries, would make for AMAZING boss fights.

Iron Man would make for an awesome game desu. Open World NY, Armor Upgrades and complete customization, Zone of the Enders boss battles.

I don't know why the fuck there aren't more mecha games in general, flying about in a battle suit is obviously video game kino.

Hopefully it would be very modular. So you can build anything in between a giant Hulkbuster sized suit, to the normal skinny suit. And make them all viable in certain roles.

>Open World NY
Oh God, I'm so sick of open world games, especially when they take place in generic "big city" enviroments. I would much rather the game begin with a fully powered Iron Man so you get a taste of things to come and then you get Castlevaniad by the main villain and stranded in like, Botswana or whatever, and you'll have to reassemble your armor bit by bit.

NY could be like a hub. In an ideal IM game you should be able to play as Stark himself. The better you manage Stark industries, the better your stocks go, themore money you have for upgrades and R&D. It's how the customization system should work. The actual story would be taking place in different environments.

Depends on whether you wanna do a trilogy or single game. There should be a ceiling on what you can do and what should be kept for another instalment.

>Iron Man can start being good again

until he goes bitchmade again, only to not have to stand on his actions.. like always

More Knights.

Refocus on his villains. Make them cool. Tony actually does have a roster of villains all his own, but they need to be treated as more than a joke.

Focus on them being scrappy engineers who are just as smart as he is, but either not resourceful enough or with personality disorders that drive them to failure harder than Tony. Ghost, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, Living Laser, Whiplash, Titanium Man, Unicorn, there's plenty of characters to reinvent.

A back to basics approach is hard because Tony's been stripped of all the conceits that drove his comic's premise for years. The only real way to fix him and address all the character assassination would be to bench him as Iron Man, but Marvel fucked up with letting Bendis replace him with a Mary Sue so that's not even an option now.

Bring back Superior

I would LOVE an Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. game.

>World War Hulk is the final stage
>no holds barred Kaiju-esque battle through New York
I'll take it.

>Refocus on his villains. Make them cool. Tony actually does have a roster of villains all his own, but they need to be treated as more than a joke.

This is more of a problem Marvel has in general then it is just something with Tony.

bump

>So, with RDJ leaving after IW
Not even you believe that

He said he wants to leave while he still has his dignity. The man is clearly tired of it.

>He said he wants to leave while he still has his dignity.
I'm pretty sure most every Marvel actor has said something along those lines over the last decade, RDJ has said it multiple times. If this really was his last appearence I imagine Marvel would be advertising it as such in an attempt to milk his departure for everything it's worth (similar to Hugh Jackman in Logan).

I could see Iron Man dying in this one but I doubt it will be his last movie.

Bring him back with a bang + with a new armor that counts also as a spiritual successor to the Modular Armor (rage face included).

Also go full superior + nanomachines.

>Metroidvania Iron Man game

Cold reboot. Claim everything after, I dunno, 'With Iron Hands' never happened.

So much irrepairable, unsalvageable shit has happened that just burning that shit down and going back a long ways is the only sane response.

Let tiny stank die.

>RDJ having to do anything with this
>implying Iron man hasn't historically been a really shitty comic with occasional good premises that are ruined by god awful execution such as Director of SHIELD or Armor Wars
lol

>He said he wants to leave while he still has his dignity.
He meant that he will quit at a reasonable point and as long as his fans wanted him which they still do. The dignity part he referred to as him not being a super old fart in the Iron Man suit that no one would believe was still Iron Man.

>The man is clearly tired of it.
Have you seen his intagram and Twitter? It's mostly Iron Man and Marvel stuff concluding fanart and meme and the little stuff that isn't is just his son's band.

So it is true. Sup Forums really doesn’t read comics.

>So, with RDJ leaving after IW

Wasn't he leaving after Avengers?
Or was it IM3?
Or Avengers 2?
Or CW?

>I'm pretty sure most every Marvel actor has said something along those lines over the last decade, RDJ has said it multiple times.

Yeah, didn't Evens say that he was going to quit acting after his 6 movie contract was up, but is now saying he wants to keep playing Cap?

>occasional good premises that are ruined by god awful execution such as Director of SHIELD
Director of SHIELD was fucking GREAT, ypu philistine. It's everything that followed it that sucked.

Definitely do something with the villains. No more of this "Tony is his own worst enemy" crap. That only works once in a blue moon.

Make it a corporate espionage comic with a backdrop of high concept futuristic tech rather than a full on sci fi capeshit. Characters nowadays have lost whatever uniqueness they bring to the genre. Everything feels like MCU-esque capeshit.

And even though it won't happen, give it to Priest. I don't think there is any Marvel writer who is capable.