Injustice 2 #40 STORYTIME

HAHA

MIRACLES HAPPENS

How are y'all this fine Tuesday morning?

jesus christ maybe you should order the doctor for Tim you fucking autist

Nah

Thanks for reading!

Next week on Injustice 2 #41

>Parallel training sessions find Supergirl being tutored by Wonder Woman, while Blue Beetle gets tooled by Booster Gold.

See ya!

so how did tim die?

Lazer to the chest

>It's a Blue and Gold episode
SIGN ME UP

Also Firestorm when?

Oh, look, they saved Conner. Can't wait for him to gruesomely die fighting Amazo in a few issues from now.

This is injustice user. More likely his transplant heart is going to reject him and he will simply keel over and die.

Me neither, Injustice has been seriously lacking in the brutal shock kill of characters department that made it infamous in it's early days.

Legitimately surprised that they flashed back to this instead of burying it to fit what they want for Harley.

Save Zod.... Seriously??

I’m unfamiliar with Dr. Mid-Nite, but he seems awesome. I like grouchy characters who are good deep down. Any recommended reading for him?

Last issue at the hospital, Batman also mentioned Jay Garrick. Where were Jay-Flash, Wildcat and Mid-Nite when Superman’s regime took over the world the first time around?

I’m not too familiar with the JSA, is Black Canary really old and looks young, or was the JSA Black Canary her mother or something?

Oh... Is for save him.. Good... The Kents will be happy for see him..

My mistake... Is for save Kon..

Tim got hit with a laser and is literally dead. His heart probably got burned out completely, and all of the tissue around it would be cauterized. There’s nothing left to save.

Superboy on the other hand, has a punctured heart, and still has several minutes left to live outside the Phantom Zone. Unlike Tim, there was still time to save him.

This book isn’t perfect, but I don’t know why people like you need to shit on it without having read it, or take anything into context. You may as well ask why he doesn’t have Mid-Nite save Lois and Jimmy while you’re at it...

>’m unfamiliar with Dr. Mid-Nite, but he seems awesome. I like grouchy characters who are good deep down. Any recommended reading for him?
He isn't this grouchy in the comics. Also JSA from the late 90s to the rest of 00s is good.
>Last issue at the hospital, Batman also mentioned Jay Garrick. Where were Jay-Flash, Wildcat and Mid-Nite when Superman’s regime took over the world the first time around?
it's strongly implied the older generation retired and let the next gen take over. They are old and tired of fighting the good fight. Hence why midnite is grouchy. Even Teddy didn't bother heroing up until Canary's kid got kidnapped.
>I’m not too familiar with the JSA, is Black Canary really old and looks young, or was the JSA Black Canary her mother or something?
Golden age Canary is her mom yeah. Current Canary was raised by the JSA as her surrogate parents when her mom and dad died tragically young.

I love this image.

It's more likely his transplant heart is infected with the soul of Zod and he literally becomes the new Zod

>Oh... Is for save him.. Good... The Kents will be happy for see him..
If they forgave Harley for this would it be good?

Batman is the exact opposite of whiskey.

There has to be someone better qualified than Harley.

>Best friend

Right.

I had no clue what they could do in Injustice 2, but if they give me more JSA I'm good.

What if they stick Zod's head on Conner's body?

I don’t have a great understanding of heart transplants, I’m no doctor. What are the odds of a heart matching and being suitable for transplant? Is Batman reasonably confident that this will work, or is he taking a huge gamble?

Doesn’t the person need to take drugs for the rest of their life to stop their body from attacking the foreign organ?

If humans and kryptionians are similar enough that they can breed and hybrid clones can be created, would a human heart be feasible for a transplant? I don’t see why not, they look exactly the same until you put it under a microscope. It’s not like you’re trying to put an animal heart in him which is a completely different shape or size. Kryptonians and humans are clearly more closely related than, say, martians or tameranians or czarians are to either of them. Superboy is half human anyway.

Is this a power Wildcat really has?

This is great.

Depending on the run, yes.
Some times he even has 9 lives per x, where x can be a day, month, year, or something else.

As far as humans go, heart transplants with other humans has a high likelihood of triggering your bodies immune system. Hospitals usually use pig's hearts because those have a higher rate of acceptance, weirdly enough.
It's a gamble, but it's the only way Conner won't have to stay in the Phantom Zone for the rest of eternity, so I think it's worth the risk.

I'm glad Conner is back, only to realize that now I have a new character to fear who will die in a fucked up manner
Damn you Taylor

If you didn't want to fear for characters' dying, you wouldn't be reading Injustice.
With Fate being in the game, and this chapter, I think the jsa will come back, only to mostly die.

I'm surprised the original comic was able to kill so many characters. Maybe DC and Boon didn't realize the game would do well enough for a sequel. So now they're likely going to be keeping the body count down as they'll need more characters to last to be used in the game.

That was the first thing I thought they were going to do.

That's stupid, and might explain why Zod looks different in game.

>Injustice 2 Zod is literally Zod wearing Conner like a meat suit
aayyyyy

>Mr Batman, please stop killing this man.
>... No.
>Well, we asked him nicely. I guess we've done all we can do.

When?

Wondering why do people hate this book but then buy it; it's a bestseller in CMX again this week.

Did they ever get to what was up with the other, gun using Batman? Or, I guess I should say, have they revealed who/what he is yet?

Well to be honest...yea, kinda all you can do.

When Zod escapes the Phantom Zone a few issues ago.

Hasn’t been revealed yet, but I think we can safely assume it’s Jason Todd.

What does STAT mean??

Shes not even medical doctor. You can be a doctor of fucking acting. Jesus christ.

>statim (stat) "immediately" Medical shorthand used following an urgent request

Thank you

proxy-
N O R W A Y
O
R
W
A
Y

Is mentioned!

Is anybody ever asking writer of this comic because reason Harley is not in prison for having helped in the Genocide of Metropolis?

Batman is the biggest hypocrite who has never existed

Batman you angsty son of a gun

Off world/another universe. Wildcat mentions it earlier in this run.

Catman has that power now too
Catwoman had it in Batman Returns movie

any drawbacks?

Are alt-skin characters considered safe and won't die? Asking for a friend. A very fast friend.

Poor charles, he just wanted some sauce, not a damn Bat

no idea, but don't think so
no idea, but don't think so

This is not going to last. Quite soon, Conner will die because of Batman. As everyone in Injustice.

Fuck this shit bring on the arc where Manta helps the heroes hunt down Aqualad.

His son is a werepanther

It's nu-beatle

That's still pretty good

Jaime and Booster have a good dynamic

I mean, there was a losh teaser in the game and we only saw like fours characters and probably won't se anyone else, so they could realistically bring in and kill of 20-30 Legionnaires if they needed to.

Fucking Harley everywhere.

>dat slutfire

Uh, what about super-hearing. He's twenty feet away.

Alt-skin characters who aren't in the story can easily be dead. John Stweart is an alt-skin character and he died in the original Injustice comics. IIRC, one of his pre-battle quotes references his death too.

He’s just been sedated. Also, he’s dying of a punctured heart. I’m sure he’s too focused on eavesdropping on Batman right now with all the pain he’s in, and that’s if he’s even still awake.

>Legionaries are all Batman fanboys
Fuck I can see this happening.

really...Superman had no solar radiation lights in the fortress. Nothing he used to heal after tough fight? Just going to roll him outside and hope for the best?

She's a psychiatrist though. She went to Med school, then specialized. She's more qualified than the other people in the room.

Nope, she actually went to med school. Basically what said.

>tfw the timeline changed so that they were inspired by batman
>everyone is depressed and murderous

Each life, he gets more flaccid.

I think replacing Conner's heart with a human heart would render most of his powers useless in the future.
Like I'm sure he could no longer stand the vacuum of space, or most of his kryptonian toughness would be null and void since he has a very squishy human organ now.

How many issues is 2 going to be?

What about Bat-Whiskey?

With a human heart, you probably stand a better chance of finding a match than just taking a gamble with Zod’s heart.

I don’t see why a human heart should nullify his powers. It’s still going to have kryptonian blood pumping through it, be surrounded by a kryptonian ribcage, encased in kryptonian muscle with kryptonian skin wrapped over that.

If something is strong enough to punch through his skin, muscle and ribs, then I don’t think a squishy human heart as opposed to a kryptonian heart will make much difference -as we saw when his original heart got fucked up.

his son becomes a furry

The moment he stepped out of the Phantom Zone. Because people literally didn't listen to Plastic Man telling them something was pulling at him.

his son is a werecat

so 5yl legion?

His heart would still be weak point to battering attacks. Its like having an egg in a 1 ton steal box. Anything that can punt the box with enough force to send it flying will break the egg even if the box lands ok.