Is the reason action cartoons are dead is because toy companies dont know how to make anything that isnt fucking crap...

Is the reason action cartoons are dead is because toy companies dont know how to make anything that isnt fucking crap anymore?

Postong twitter/article screenshots should be bannable.

>Postong

It's because action is toxic and we should solve our problems with jokes and crying

It's the idea that you need to sell dolls to make a lucrative cartoon.

We live in an age where merchandising, as well as collecting information on what merch would be most lucrative, is obscenely easy, yet companies still approach television like it's 1975.

The bottom is maybe diverse but they still all look like shit.

Kids probably buy less toys in general because of smart phones and all that.

>Postong
People that think theyre superior and try to censor discussion should be bannable

Western animation has gone to shit the same reason why toys have; they want to make it cheap. Animation has taken a nosedive in quality and only run 15 mins now. Toys are a dead market thanks to devices

>hammerhead
>walrus man
>greedo
>shit
T.little girl who thinks anything nonhuman is scary, and doesnt appreciate godtier creature design

Kids still buy toys, even then its not an excuse to make them cheap as fuck but still charge the same prices as five years ago when they were super articulated/had effort put into their design.

what discussion?
It's a twitter post by a literal who about /toy/ stuff.
Sup Forums is not your personal twitter advertisement machine.
also go back to plebbit with your 'he misspelled something so his argument is invalid' bullshit.

It is Sup Forums related because action cartoons are basically dead, and its all because of toy companies stupidity. Fuck off with your “Sup Forums is super serious business” autism, and let us discuss things on a goddamn discussion board.

There is a little grey man in a red suit with a face that looks like it was drawn on with a sharpie. Some of the early toys.....vary in quality.

It's because they were rushing to try and match the movie hype, they had no idea star wars would become star wars.

Literally more exciting of a figure then admiral holdo or rose, and those are the type of figures hasbros only releasing for this line, and yet they wonder why no ones buying it

Kids don't play with toys anymore in general. They'd rather play with a smartphone or tablet.

TLJ sales have been slow. TFA was huge for merch because it was the return of Star Wars after many years. R1 did worse.

TLJ still sells decently but they shipped so fucking many and so fucking much.

There's a board for Toy discussion specifically user.

>Kids don't play with toys anymore in general.
But thats wrong, i still see legos and other things sell. Its more on toy companies unwillingness to make something people want that makes them not want to buy their products
Fuck off namefag

>anymore

It's the angry Star Warsfag who thinks Sup Forums is his playground, either hide the thread or try to wind him up but don't bother explaining anything to him.

>Inb4 NOT EVERY ANGRY STAR WARS VIRGIN IS THE SAME PERSON REEEEE

>Inb4 NOT EVERY ANGRY STAR WARS VIRGIN IS THE SAME PERSON REEEEE
Not even him but theyre arent all one person, are you okay?

Toy sales have been in decline for years, toy companies have less control over what they make than Wal-Mart does, and those old Star Wars figures were bad toys.

>Is the reason action cartoons are dead is because toy companies dont know how to make anything that isnt fucking crap anymore?
i personally HATE the way alien design being made
old aliens even Jar Jar binks and gungans look like masterpiece compared to current SW-crap aliens that look like scrotums with huge nostrils

This. Fucking nerds, I wish I was back on reddit where everyone had usernames and we could show our hatred and hide their posts with our down votes

>stormtrooper still have boyegas weird shape
These "sequels" really are the GT of Star Wars

>Not even him

It literally is you, a retarded monkey could tell from the way you type.

That's filthy american for you. Look at something like Dragon Ball. You just need a good enough cartoon series.

>toy companies have less control over what they make than Wal-Mart does,
They cant stop making awful characters as the only toys
>and those old Star Wars figures were bad toys.
The ones from the 2000s had much better articulation then the current ones

>this asshole wants to turn Sup Forums into "hey my friend made a twitter post, lets all talk about how stupid he is."
discuss this all you want, on fucking /toy/ where it belongs.

>a retarded monkey could tell from the way you type.
>no spelling mistakes and nothing distinctive about my typing
Yep, confirmed delusional faggot. But keep thinking everyone is the same person user, its funny.

The designs are still cool, not all of them even look like that. Again, thats not an excuse to only make a bunch of rose variations and nothing else

I still say it's partially because of a lack of cool alien and robot characters and cool ship designs. The only new interesting ship design in all of TLJ was Kylo's new TIE and that's only because it copied Vader's. The only character from Rogue One people would want a toy of was K-2SO.

>still not diverse enough

>I still say it's partially because of a lack of cool alien and robot characters and cool ship designs
The problem is the toy company isnt even making toys of them, and is just either making figures of holdo or general leia(which no one wants), or even rehashs from older movies. Its like theyre too cheap to churn out new sculpts for the aliens, yet theyd rather spend it on a new sculpt for paige becuase that will sell SOO much better in their eyes.

>people complain about ewoks and porgs being transparent toybait
>people complain about nuwars not having enough transparent toybait
Star Wars fans were a mistake.

More like im complaining there arent enough toys of the actually interesting creature designs

you're an allegedly adult man complaining about the lack of star wars toys on an imageboard that has nothing to do with star wars or toys

i'd tell you to let that sink in for a second but i'm sure it's gone all the way past event horizon at this point

It was the same in TFA even before the movie came out. Boyega shelfwarmed really hard not because he was black, but because he wasn't a character worth caring about. He was a boring ordinary dude in a boring ordinary outfit with boring ordinary accessories. Compared to the silver Stormtrooper or the guy with the crossbar lightsaber, he just wasn't interesting.

It has to do with the thread topic about how action cartoons arent even getting made because theyre no good toys to base them on anymore.

They shoudlve learned their lesson then, but instead they doubled down harder and made even more bland looking figures, while TFA had at least some colorful ones that sold. I dont get it, are they being forced to make certain characters as some sort of quota from lucasfilm?

who's gonna buy an ACTION figure of the lame asian POG?
lmao
pogs, if you can remember, are short, round and flat

Gotta get those SJW brownie points by making a ton of Finn and Rose toys, even if most of them will sit in bargain bins for ages.

>people complain about tfa being a remake
>people complain about tlj subverting their expectations
Only true fans should be allowed to comment on Star Wars.

>guys it's totally cool. I said cartoon in the OP so that makes it on topic right? i mean sure the whole conversation has been on toy design and not anything to do with cartoons, but you can't deny i said cartoon in the OP which totally makes it on topic.

say what you will about Lucas, the guy fucking knew how to sell toys

To be fair they both were shit for different reasons, but it doesnt matter anyways.

i'd rather have no cartoons than have them go back to being glorified toy adverts

again, you are a grown man whining about toys

>i'd rather have no cartoons than have them go back to being glorified toy adverts
And yet those cartoons where much better then “crying and singing” and “fetish fuel art fur drama”
>again, you are a grown man whining about toys
Youre no one to talk considering youre a grown man on this site

>even if most of them will sit in bargain bins forever.
ftfy

No.

It's videogames. Videogames are the actions toys for most kids.

That was the prequels. The sequels are Super.

>It's videogames. Videogames are the actions toys for most kids.
Then why do stuff like horse show and legos still sell? We had vidya as kids and we still bought toys. Face it, its more about many toy companies cheapness that prevents them from getting good sales because no one wants their crap

>Boyega shelfwarmed really hard not because he was black

Fuck off and face reality. Lando was a extremely popular character, and his toys never sold good.

Problem is that these companies are only given the bare minimum to work with from Lucas film because most of the designs are from at least a year before the movie comes out where plans till aren't completely solid or the film makers fucking them over.

Jj fucked hasbro by wanting to make things hush hush and only gave the studio shit for tfa wh I ch is why we got random desert aliens.

For tlj I'm sure Lucas film pushed certain characters and ideas again.

>why do stuff like horse show and legos still sell

Adult collectors for those particular markets are surprisingly large. In fact, all of the long-running toylines I can think of like GI Joe, Transformers, Marvel, etc., have significant adult fanbases.

It doesn't matter what's Plebeian if the Plebeians outnumber you and can afford to be the ones buying them.
The impression I get {as a toy collector} is that what successfully sells to kids is primarily the protagonist. Color schemes and variation and quality of sculpt/paint/articulation don't matter compared to the fiction that sells it. The aesthetics might sell some units, and they're certainly part of the equation when the masses are attracted to one thing. Like those Porgs were an attempt to create that. I dunno how successful they were but yeah.

That's because you don't know about economies of scale. Even a minor decrease in popularity/sales can have a proportionally much larger effect on cost. and companies aren't going to just skate along that line when things are going down-hill.

>They cant stop making awful characters as the only toys
Bad decisions exacerbate the problem, but it doesn't change the fact that the stores selling them have all been shrunken down to mainly Wal-Mart, so their decisions have the largest sway. Again, plenty of room for Wal-Mart to make dumb decisions, but they're also a lumbering giant that has to make choices that affect THE ENTIRE industry as opposed to just one of many portions of the stores selling them like in the past.

>Is the reason action cartoons are dead is because toy companies dont know how to make anything that isnt fucking crap anymore?

I don't know about what is cool with kids today but it seems they are tech savvy enough to search engine "free cartoons" on their shiny new tablets so they can watch all the cartoons and anime for free on kissanime/kisscartoons, they don't even have to pay anything that leads to another possible reason action cartoons are not doing so well today, the tablets themselves are substitutes for toys, so my bet is that kids today don't even ask their parents for action figures anymore since they have Minecraft or whatever the hell is cool for today's kids on the same tablets.

>Boyega shelfwarmed really hard not because he was black
>Fuck off and face reality. Lando was a extremely popular character, and his toys never sold good.
>Boyega shelfwarmed really hard not JUST because he was black

>It doesn't matter what's Plebeian if the Plebeians outnumber you and can afford to be the ones buying them.
>The impression I get {as a toy collector} is that what successfully sells to kids is primarily the protagonist.
Is that why none of the protags are selling, and now kids favored the bizarre characters the most?
>Even a minor decrease in popularity/sales can have a proportionally much larger effect on cost. and companies aren't going to just skate along that line when things are going down-hill.
Again, still not an excuse to lower the figures quality as drastically as theyve done, while still selling it at the same prices the much better figures were at two years ago.

>the tablets themselves are substitutes for toys
Again, is that why i see other toylines sell, but mainline action figures that companies have gotten cheap with are shelfwarming, not because kids arent buying toys, but maybe because the figures themselves are shit?

BB8 and the porgs are the most popular ST toys.

Action Cartoons are dead because nobody wants to tell a story or entertain the viewer. Everything has to be drama, or politics with content creators nowadays. The only people who want to make a movie for fun nowadays are terrible artists like Tommy Wiseau, or John K.

I would have bought toys IF YOU FUCKING MADE THEM

Sorry. Transparent plastic is expensive.

The newest dinobots have transparent parts to give the illusion of depth in their mechanical parts, there is no excuse why symbionic titan didnt get toys, and i say this as someone who thought the show looked like shit and never watched it.

>Is that why none of the protags are selling, and now kids favored the bizarre characters the most?
Yeah, because the protags are unappealing characters. Even if they were horrible characters, as long as most people were attracted to them, they would sell. {eg: Twilight.}

>Again, still not an excuse to lower the figures quality as drastically as theyve done, while still selling it at the same prices the much better figures were at two years ago.
Yes, it is. This is why it's clear you don't understand economies of scale.
When sales go down, rather than raise the price {which they're even less likely to pay since it's less popular}, they lower their production costs.

Of course it's not a precise calculation, since there's plenty of room for executive decisions. Within the very large brand I collect they can afford to simultaneously produce a variety of quality in their products to provide to both less discriminating and more discriminating consumers. That's why popularity alone isn't enough to guarantee quality. If the market is primarily less-discriminating, it would be throwing money away to spend more on production than is necessary. If there's a small section of consumers that are more discriminating, economies of scale dictate that the price will be MUCH higher {think "collectible" market}. It's only when those discriminating consumers are both the majority and in large quantities that "collectible" becomes more affordable.

Thanks. Good to know. That makes sense, as a brand with garbage characters. {I haven't seen any of them. I've only heard reviews.}

Everything makes me want to be dead. I'm about ready to get gay married. That's what "red-pilled" degenerates do, right? MGTOW up each other's ass?

>Everything makes me want to be dead. I'm about ready to get gay married. That's what "red-pilled" degenerates do, right? MGTOW up each other's ass?
Are you okay?

>Yes, it is. This is why it's clear you don't understand economies of scale.
Stop trying to make excuses for hasbros cheapness, sales are going down more because they keep cheapening out on the figure, if they put effort into them again and released actually interesting characters theyd sell more. If you dont think even kids care about articulation then youre sorely mistaken.

There is NO fucking excuse for a show about giant robots fighting giant monsters not getting a single goddamn fucking action figure. It's like these people are completely unaware of shows like Power Rangers.

I thought transparent plastic was fragile and crumbled to dust after a few years, especially on load and friction-bearing parts like joints?

Only if its not made right, just like certain gold plastic. Lots of translucent figures last.

Get your head out the clouds. Stop obsessing over potentials that are impossible. Hasbro's never coming back to how they were. They're going to hell.
Overall, kids don't care about articulation. It's only a deal-breaker for outliers. To some extent maybe that discrimination increases with age.

I think that's a joke about it being more expensive {although now that I think about it, ensuring transparency might result in higher costs. Opaque plastic requires no such purity.}
While Sym-Bionic Titan had a design that was more practical for a toy {clear plastic makes fragile joints}, it would still increase costs as the part count would probably be double what a normal toy would be.

Far from it. I'm taking a guess I won't last another decade, unless something gives. I need a knight in shining armor on horseback to rescue me. I'm not into guys, but I'm degenerate enough that maybe it could work out with the right one, and the landscape seems to indicate my odds are a guy is all I'll be able to get, if I want a living creature as opposed to a doll.

Eh, Harry is reaching here. It's just because kids don't give a shit about Star Wars (or action figures at all, really) and "adults" that do don't buy cheap toys.

>kids don't give a shit about Star Wars

Oh come on.

>Stop obsessing over potentials that are impossible. Hasbro's never coming back to how they were. They're going to hell.
>youre not allowed to complain about the current state of subpar toys
Okay
>Overall, kids don't care about articulation.
I certainly did, and im sure its only a coincidence that once they started making them all have less articulation that kids stopped buying them

Also user, im worried about you, why would you marry someone youre not interested in? Do you want pic related to be you on your honeymoon?

Compared to the original trilogy they don’t, but then again kids seem far less attached to anything that isn’t from the internet. And companies tried and failed to merchandise e-celebs.

>or action figures at all, really
Transformers sell gangbusters around here, and its obvious its because the character selection only includes dull characters nobody likes.

People still obsess over star wars enough to sell merch, the problem is that said merch is of really boring characters and poorly made

>Transformers sell gangbusters around here

Good...good...

With Disney behind it it’ll sell merch, but I don’t see the love for these new movies or characters that people have for the old ones.

>With Disney behind it it’ll sell merch
I dont think people are as forgiving at disney lately. And as ive pointed out TLJ figures arent selling at all.

Heck I'm glad the Power of the Primes looks to be getting back to Generations level of form. I've seen some great Deluxe and Scout/Legend figures.

Indeed. Very tempted to grab Starscream.

Then again, the hood on my Windcharger snapped off immediately, so...

Grimlock is one of my favorite toys i got all year

Don't suppose you've seen the second series of the Tiny Turbo Changers yet, have you?

>youre not allowed to complain about the current state of subpar toys
Maybe I'm more guilty of this than you, but the words you use alter your mind. Criticize as you like, but try to ascertain reality and what futures are likely rather than just what's technically possible but implausible.
Physical toys are a dying market. If Hasbro's going to succeed, it will be in transitioning to a new market. They're smart enough to read the writing on the wall, and they're currently run {and have been for a while now} by people greedy enough to plunder the sinking ship rather than attempt to keep it afloat for as long as possible. The odds of this strategy changing would depend on a change in leadership and nothing else. If you want to think otherwise, go join the He-Man fans in desperately buying multiple cases of entire waves on the promise of not killing the toy line.

>Also user, im worried about you, why would you marry someone youre not interested in? Do you want pic related to be you on your honeymoon?
I'm not interested in men, but I'm a degenerate, so I don't consider traps gay. I could give it a try. I'm pretty desperate. Decade wizard status. I kissed one girl on the mouth in my entire life, over 2 decades ago.

>Decade wizard status

You're 40?

>Physical toys are a dying market. If Hasbro's going to succeed, it will be in transitioning to a new market.
There will always be physical toys, and cheapening the lines is just going to make people avoid your product instead of succeeding. Until hasbro learns this they will always have angry consumers and low sales.
>I'm not interested in men, but I'm a degenerate, so I don't consider traps gay. I could give it a try. I'm pretty desperate. Decade wizard status. I kissed one girl on the mouth in my entire life, over 2 decades ago.
Have you tried getting this person to dress like a trap, therefore you might enjoy this better? Do you even share anything in common?

>Don't suppose you've seen the second series of the Tiny Turbo Changers yet, have you?
No, what about them? Will they have G1 designs?

No, just another batch of movie characters. I want Megatron and Shockwave.

harry lives in UK, children grow out of toys much younger there

Yup.
Well, it's a balancing act. Even in an ideal situation I don't know what the right answer is.

>Have you tried getting this person to dress like a trap, therefore you might enjoy this better? Do you even share anything in common?
There's no one in my life. I'm just looking at the SJW VS alt-right landscape and thinking I should seek out a cute trap, because I'm more likely to find a guy I can get into a relationship than a woman who's not insane, or secretly insane.

It could just be the fact that TLJ is the worst SW related media released to this date. Ewoks has more lasting appeal. Droids has more lasting appeal.

>harry lives in UK, children grow out of toys much younger there
How do you know? How does that go against his point, though?

Alright man, but dont get into a marriage just for the sake of not being alone. Youll grow to hate your significant other after a while.
>because I'm more likely to find a guy I can get into a relationship than a woman who's not insane, or secretly insane.
Why do you think im preferring men now? Women are fucking crazy feminist bitchs these days

Exactly. Lando was popular, cool, and still didn't sold toys. Not a single new character is doing as good as the masked characters. The swords and ships as selling as good as always, but the main characters sell as much as phasma.

>I am such a massive misogynist that I have no choice but to be gay.

I almost pity you.