It's been ten years since Heath Ledger's passing and since The Dark Knight's release...

It's been ten years since Heath Ledger's passing and since The Dark Knight's release. What are your final opinions on his take on the Joker?

He was a great actor and after that we only got mediocre shit, even RDJ is crappy by normal movies standards. Chris Evans and Pine are extremely mediocre, Christopher Hemsworth and Gal Gadot can't even be considered actors.

I thoroughly enjoyed his performance despite his memorable quotes by mouth-breathers
being parroted around for months on end.

I liked, brought a new Joker to the pantheon of homicidal clowns. I enjoyed the anarchist take on him

Fun character

Boring shitty villain.

Good shit.

Shame that his performance got stuck in a crappy, over-praised piece of shlock.

best live action joker

Mixed reviews, apparently.

It's wild for me to think that I'm now the same age Heath was when he died. It really puts into perspective how little I've accomplished compared to him.

great actor in a great movie

Something contrarian and related to social issues

He is the joker. He was born for that role like Sensei Jackman & RDJ were for Ironman & Wolverine respectively. A true icon.

What I wouldn't give to have him in the S Squad films.

Hey, at least you managed to stay alive.

His performance wasn't anything impressive anyway. It just stood out from Nolan's wooden actors pompously delivering stiffy lines.

Johnny Galecki's contract since the second season has stated that the show will never dress him up as either the Joker or any sort of clown, and Galecki himself will not do it in his personal life (this is theoretically a dismissal offence, but would probably just be used to justify a pay cut for the entire main cast).

Apparently WB were extremely concerned to find the show taking off at the same time as The Dark Knight was being prepared, and with no way to get Ledger to reshoot (at least without recasting completely and pretty much pissing on the goodwill his death generated), they decided not to push their luck. Ledger was said to have been watching TBBT weekly during production of The Dark Knight.

He was boring like everything in that movie.

Fucking this. A decade of people overpraising the only human performance in a trilogy about sexless robots.

I wish him and Mark's joker could have met

Is that really an accomplish in this timeline?.

you know that annoying "batman has a plan to deal with x. batman wins!" arguments?

this makes "joker stumps batman because he's an agent of chaos" even worse.

so you can have a discussion how batman can beat literal chaos gods but he can't figure out how to deal with the joker.

>but he can't figure out how to deal with the joker.
In TDK he deals with Joker just fine, the problem is Batman is consistently surrounded by idiots.

When they first meet Batman was beating the shit out of Joker's goons, but Rachel had to play hero and then damsel in distress in the same fucking night. So out the window Bruce goes to save her from herself. She didn't even need to pipe up earlier, Bruce was seconds away from showing up.

The next bit is the convoluted chase scene, there Batman has to feign failure just so the GCPD can catch Joker because Bruce was feeling pity for how Gotham's justice system was starting to look, even though he started all this precisely because of how laughably corrupt and incompetent they were, and as TDK shows still very much are. But anyway, he goes along with their idiotic publicity stunt and Rachel and Dent get kidnapped for real.

Lastly in the interrogation he had Joker but again thanks to Rachel and Dent he goes flying off instead of just sitting there and securing Joker. It's funny he puts his faith in the fate of Gotham in the GCPD until it's someone close to him, then it's right back to gambling with vigilantism. Anyway after all this floundering about with the Cops and Criminals of Gotham he goes back to the sensible thing of doing Batman as is and SURPRISE! He not only figures out and stops Joker's scheme for the SWAT, he stops him from blowing up the boats and catches Joker for them. Once everyone has fucked off out of his way Bruce is able to deal with Joker easily, but again Joker reveals Dent's gone off to be a nuisance with Gordon so off Bruce goes to babysit these idiots and then the rest of Gotham. Then comes all of TDKR where every drop of trust Bruce put into Gotham turns into a slow poison.

I think the message is pretty simple, sometimes just let the buildings and boats blow up.

Best capeshit movie character tbqh desu.

pretty much that.

there's no question batman can beat up the joker but for some reason or another (directly caused or circumstances happen) he stumps the bat on how to get to him.

I liked him.

The first Joker with a big cause behind his crimes though at the same time a very personal cause. It was great idea. Ledger acting was honestly special, it wasn't absolutely perfect but so close as somebody has get. Wonderful acting.

I'm in love with him user