Opposing free trade is just an inferior form of welfare

Opposing free trade is just an inferior form of welfare

Why pay more for an american made car? Just to keep some lazy fuckwits in the rust belt employed?

It's redistribution of wealth just like welfare cheques, but less efficient

>outsource all labor, workers no longer have purchasing power for the products that used to be produced domestically. Welfare goes up, economy eventually implodes, Jews come in buy real estate for next to nothing. Because land will always have value and it's irreplacable.
I bet they would like that.

If you give the workers welfare then they still have purchasing power

Also automation will be here within 20 years anyway, those jobs are gone forever

The West cannot rely on manufacturing to survive

If it's welfare either way, then it's better that they have productive jobs that give them dignity and let them live up to societal standards. We don't need a prole underclass living off the state, niggers are enough.

Wrong. It is a superior form of welfare. It forces people to do some work for their money, and creates robust internal economy that can better provide for itself in the face of global disruption, and which has niches for all kinds of people without outright rewarding doing nothing.

If you have car makers and you can no longer import cars, then you can still have cars you make yourself. Etc.

I'll pay more for an American car when it meets my needs. Until then, I will gladly pay more for my supellior Japanese car, and proudly gleam with American Pride knowing that the tariff has gone to help fund my Glorious Freedom.

And then when one of the diodes in the alternator blows after almost 20 years and it's too much trouble to get the stripped screw out to replace the whole regulator assy and it's like $500 for an original Nipponese repalcement, I'll just get the cheapass domestic remanufacture. Although in this case I would also pay a bit more if it weren't based on slave labor and Chinese Crap.

Let welfare take the form of helping people become qualified to fill the niches that remain.

And don't import labor. Doing that fills niches and ruins the incentive to develop existing humans to fill niches.

The singularity while cool to think about is still science fiction.

There's really no sense in trying to plan for flying cars until practical ones are invented.

it's not better because 1. it's less efficient, it delivers fewer social outcomes for the same money, 2. it just kicks the can down the road, the majority of these jobs will be gone in 20 years regardless and 3. it distorts the economy, wasting our limited resources in uncompetitive indsutries

>If you have car makers and you can no longer import cars, then you can still have cars you make yourself

But these cars are worse and more expensive than those available on the free market

Sorry, the state exists to serve the people, the people do not exist to serve the state. Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you!

>stupid goy High living standards are bad for you

I agree.

I think that Trump introducing tariffs and trying to abolish NAFTA is dumb.

But I mean, paying a bit more for a car > nuclear war with Russia.

It also delivers ROBUSTNESS. That is a valuable item. For instance. You could ban importing oil. Then you protect green energy.

Does it shrink your economy? Yes. Does it provide a valuable good? Yes. It means for one thing you don't need to fight wars over oil. And military spending likewise shrinks your economy.

Protectionism should be strategic and designed to protect those industries that will have the most social good. For instance the labor industry should be protected from imports of people.

Welfare payments work better in the present but they are detrimential longterm becuse you end up having people have far more kids than they otherwise would becausr of the expectation of increased welfare payments no matter how many kids they have. High tarrif related "welfare" still requires hardwork and limits unsustainable population growth. I'd also argue it's better for human genetic evolution because it rewards more intellgient and harder-working genes rather than indiscriminantly handing out government money to whoever has the most babies-- at the expense of the dkart and hard working.

>Opposing free trade is just an inferior form of welfare

>free trade

>With slaves

How exactly can you call it "Free Trade" when you are trading with nations who have state controlled economies?

The very idea is absurd.

>Let welfare take the form of helping people become qualified to fill the niches that remain

yes, but they can't develop new skills if they're working full time on a production line, and you need free trade to identify the niches, as without it you can't tell which positions are niche and which are bloat

free trade = higher living standards for those who can compete in a global market

making manufactured goods more expensive and worse is not serving the people

>But these cars are worse and more expensive than those available on the free market
Now that those cars have discredited themselves for decades based on selling cheap crap at a loss and making money on the back end by transforming productive industry (manufacturing cars) into parasitic Judaism (loaning money), we're finally seeing some real improvements in domestic quality.

Pull off the parasite and you can start to bring things back to reality.

Lazy workers .. kek

Helping with the costs of higher education will help some. People can look at what degrees are translating into high pay on graduation to decide what to major in.

>free trade = higher living standards for those who can compete in a global market
Sure it's nice to have Jewish fake money showered on your corrupt government and fancy baubles when you live in the 3rd world.

But it doesn't take long before they start regretting the tawdry bullshit, the pollution, the ruin of their culture, the endless McDonalds and other enforced (((western))) culture.

Ever traveled a bit? What you are proposing is destruction of the very thing you propose ought to be more efficient.

>Supporting free trade is just an inferior form of welfare

>Why pay a little less for a foreign made car? Just to keep some desperate fuckwits in Mexico employed?

>It's redistribution of wealth just like welfare cheques, but for foreign citizens

banning oil is a separate issue as it can be considered environmental protectionism, which is a legitimate restriction the state can and should place on the economy

this is a flaw in the current design of the welfare system but not the idea of welfare as a whole

i agree the playing field has to be level on both sides for it to work, but there are lots of free market democracies that can still out compete the West in manufacturing

I meant here in the West, those of us that can compete in a global market and keep our jobs benefit immensely from free trade

> when the Anglo benefits > it`s free trade
> when others benefit > it`s terrorism
Fuck off.

No its not you stupid fuck.

If we raise tariffs which cause american industry to improve not only will it give jobs but it will increase our ability to produce a large quantity of goods which we might need if we is declared or a natural disaster happens.

>I meant here in the West, those of us that can compete in a global market and keep our jobs benefit immensely from free trade
Nothing stops us from making sensible trade agreements with each other on a case by case basis.

You don't need a globally-enforced one-size-fits-all dominance mechanism.

We get it Chaim, we should all work 15hrs a day for $1 and be thankful for it.

shut up commy
FREE has to go BOTH ways
besides we tried it your pussy way
now lets try having 880B trade surplus!

there will never be another war between major powers because of nuclear weapons, and if we are all dependant on each other to provide vital goods the odds are even less so

if a natural disaster happens it is better to have trade as you can get emergency goods from unaffected countries

competitive industries in the west benefit from trade with developing nations

Stop whining

TPP is dead and never coming back

The US military on its own can go take care of any emergency if it wants to. This was in fact one of the use cases presented to me as an excuse for the funding for what I work on. Interdependence is not necessary.

When you start to talk about nuclear war, what you're talking about is economic and trade wars falling apart to the point where countries have to start to physically fight over the remaining resources because the reigning economic system was unable to make comutually efficient use of them. These are the fruits of globalism. It was the right solution, and now it's time to deal with it.

They derive financial and resource benefit at the expense of the third world shitholes, and then they become even worse shitholes. You are looking at a local optimization metric when you should be looking at a global one, and falling for Jew lies designed to optimize us all out of the equation.

*It wasn't the right solution

The US military maintaining the ability to respond to any kind of emergency is more expensive than interdependence for no added benefit

>at the expense of the third world shitholes

again no, both countries benefit, these countries develop much faster with Western money and investment. What took us 2000 years will take them 200