Why does Sup Forums hate the idea of synergy between comics and other media?

We got cool characters like Harley Quinn and stories like the origin of Mr Freeze from it in the past. I don't see why Sup Forums is so triggered MCU Valkyrie is coming to the comics.

I'm not angry about new Valkyrie coming in, but the idea that comics are now following movies instead of the other way around really annoys me. I don't need to have civil war II, a new Infinity Gem event, and a Return to Planet Hulk. I already have read the originals, and I wish Marvel would move on instead of repeating a story for the sake of sales.

>cool character
>harley quinn

Because 99% of the time it's use it to implement stupid shit that's been made to appeal to casuals. Like for example everything in Orlando's current Supergirl run.

Because the movies are garbage and most people who actually read comics prefer to be able to ignore whatever dumb bullshit the movies are doing.

>character written to be an abused woman in an emotionally damaging relationship with a psychopath
>not inherently interesting
neck yourself

To be honest, comic readers of Marvel/DC are dumbasses with shit taste to begin with.

Actual comic readers, that like creator owned stuff and actual good stories, dont care about the movies and are able to enjoy them as they are.

Symergy is absolute cancer. It implies that the movies are more important than the comics they're based on. Or it at least implies that editorial cares more about the movies than the comics. It baffles me that Marvel still does this shit, they're the only company left that does it.

DC does it too.

I mean, Harley new design, and a good chunk of SS had synergy.

Hell, the professor on Hellboy just got developed and starred in his own comic because of the portray in the movie.

I’m glad they never made Hellboy x Liz canon to the comics.

>Hell, the professor on Hellboy just got developed and starred in his own comic because of the portray in the movie.
That's more Mignola realizing Bruttleholm had a lot more potential as a character. It was also the only change he made because of the movies.

>I-I'm not a moviefag I-I have mature and sophisticated taste

Because nerds are very protective of their choice of franchise. Basically they're all characterfags.

I don't hate it. I'm just wary as there's always a chance for it to screw up horribly.

no one asked for this shit. it's just advertisement and not fun to be constantly reminded to consume related material. i used to play marvel mobileshit. the majority of the time a new character gets introduced, it points back to the cinematic universe. instead of a classic, widely liked character, a character from the movie gets added. it gets really old.

>implying comics haven't been garbage

Really user, you play mobile games and then whine that you're treated like a dumb cash cow.

I don't want Frank looking like Jon Bernthal.

That was long ago, faggot. Now is something else.

id be fine with young frank looking like him, but i dont want frank to be a young guy

Fair enough, Bernthal does sometimes look like he was drawn by Dillon. Nothing can beat those icy blue eyes.

Because they're plebs. DC is built on synergy, Superman especially. As for a more recent attempt Bane should have kept that fucking coat

>cool characters like Harley Quinn