Lion Guard literally making Deviantart OCs. Again

Lion Guard literally making Deviantart OCs. Again.

It's the girl with the lesbo haircut from Andi Mack.

youtube.com/watch?v=tQJzaQ1QK7Y

If she's in seven-to-nine episodes, at least they're stepping up the continuity even more. The show currently has continuity but it doesn't do anything with it.

>keeping names similar so they're identifiable within the Disney shows
It comes off as tacky.

I doubt The Lion Guard will get a fourth season. The merchandise doesn't seem to have sold very well. Perhaps the movie remake will boost the show's popularity, or help sell more merch which will renew the show, but it's not looking good at the moment.

>They're both really strong female characters who are great role models for girls

Oh shut the fuck up. If you have to keep propping up yourself for being a woman, I'm never going to see you as an equal, I'm going to see you as a woman.

Where did you find this concept art?

The colors make me think about a potential connection with Scar (just like Kovu), and at the same time, I see her as Kion's romantic interest.

In other words, this could be Kiara and Kovu's story all over again.

There are only a handful of female characters in the show, and only one main female character, and she barely gets to do anything.

... and you're not going to see a woman as an equal?

Replace the last woman with princess and I'd agree with this.

Nope, because they don't see themselves as equal. Otherwise they wouldn't feel the need to call out their gender every single time, they would just consider themselves a person.

Constantly saying, "I'm a strong, empowered woman!" suggests that the person is strong in SPITE of being a woman. Which means these people already have preconceived notions of what a woman is and it's mostly associate with weakness, so much so that they have to over-compensate for it by constantly telling me that they aren't, as if I had made the assumption.

That's assuming a lot. Lit could just mean in spite of historical oppression and the patriarchy and blah blah blah, but that's not possible for you for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, I find the girl in the video obnoxious, but come on.

Are they simba's long lost cousin or some shit?

>Lit could just mean in spite of historical oppression and the patriarchy and blah blah blah
Yes, the type of oppression they're referring to that has not been relevant for awhile.

>B-but sexism still exists!
All -isms exist and will always exist. But they are suggesting they are going through the same obstacles as women through the 50's. Not only that, but they consistently use the same definition of what is a strong empowering woman.

In OP's video, she considers them "good role models" purely because she is tough. And that's it. That's all it takes to be a good role model for little girls, apparently. I don't think Rani is going to be oppressed for being a female lion, I don't think Kion is going to think she's incapable of doing things because she is a female lion, so really, she isn't overcoming anything. She just talks stern, and that's it. And she's a good role model for girls? It's a problem that plagues every group trying to "rise out of oppression" by sabotaging anything that isn't a cliche expectation of "good" to the point where if Rani were a girly girl, she would NOT be considered a strong, empowered woman, because she's frilly and therefore "weak". Even if she enjoys playing with dolls and enjoys being herself in the face of others calling her a stereotype, that isn't enough to make her a "good role model".

Also, the suggestion that she is a good role model _for girls_ further perpetuates that people need to stay in their own box rather than her just being a good role model. For anyone. Even for boys.

TL;DR: Girl in interview bullshits her way because she has nothing to say about a dull character.

She said what corporate told her to say for the press release.

>Actual lion OCs and not some annoying animal with two asses or something

Nice

>She said what corporate told her to say for the press release.
And corporate only wrote out what they think the audience wants to hear, the audience who believes this shit to begin with.

It's hard to write for speedsters

Her face is so fucking weird. What is wrong with her nose? It looks like a Groucho nose or something.

Shut your mouth. Fuli is cute.

I'm not going to argue, just know that they don't have to fall into that category you so carefully psychoanalyzed them into. They could be dumb and you could be too smart to even consider that.

She doesn’t look like a cheetah...

This show suffers from a severe lack of it's hottest antagonists, Reirei and Zira. Having a pack of male hyenas makes no damn sense. They would die, much like the women team would if Survivor allowed death and had a gender battle with no helping allowed.

I didn't know you browsed Sup Forums, Knuckles.