So did Robbie have any genuine potential or was the book bad from the beginning carried solely by Tradd's art?

So did Robbie have any genuine potential or was the book bad from the beginning carried solely by Tradd's art?

Also was the Bleach ripoff that shameless?

His relationship and responsibility for his brother was cool

>Bleach invented skull masks
Robbie was a good character, he was a poor Hispanic teenage hero without being forced. His race was part of his character, but he never really felt stereotyped.

>inb4 pleb
I wasn't a huge fan of Tradd's art. It reminded me too much of Penny Arcade with the fluidness.

It wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea. I enjoyed the book though, so the writing must have been pretty good since the art wasn't the draw for me.

Robbie is a damn fine Ghost Rider.

I hope he gets used again and not thrown into the marvel Woodchipper.

Not bad, it was rrally good. I'd never read Felipe Smith before but I really enjoyed his work. I even liked the Neo-New FF, post-Secret Wars book with Laura, Chulk, and Miles. Unfortunately, as a legacy character there was a lot of baggage and fan expectation. Didn't help that the art after Moore left was terrible.

But it's not the first great book to fail to capture an audience. RIP Agents of Atlas, Cap Brit & MI:13

Genuine potential, but it was also being carried by the art.

I was waiting for him to get a sick inverted colour scheme with angelic imagery where he drops Ghost Rider for the moniker Holy Driver

He managed to kill Starbrand in one of the most retarded ways possible,

He was great, and if anything Tradd's art brought down some of the non-action moments.

He, Kamala and Sam Alexander were fantastic and truly how Marvel should have approached diversifying their roster.

God I wish.

Too bad Sam and Kamala's books have mostly been mediocre. Novas is the only good thing Sam's done.

>Robbie becoming angelic
>not Robbie killing gang members who model themselves after the angels of paradise and who's higher ups are actual disguised evil angels, all taking place in LA the city of angels

Kamala started strong, and hopefully it's coming back now, I love the Red Dagger stuff.

I don't even know what happened to Sam after Rich Rider came back

Robbie Ghost Rider book started out good and interesting. Turn to shit post-Secret Wars with all its guest star appearances.

Kamala Ms. Marvel was interesting prior to Civil War. Turned to shit sometime before Civil War started,

Sam Nova became interesting post-Loeb. Remained interesting despite the various shit events that he went through. Book just wasn't popular and thus cancelled.

Basically events ruined Marvel comics

Rich came out with Cancerverse, a Cancerverse enhanced form and immortality. Lost it and a massive portion of the Nova Force during the conclusion of the book. Worldmind is the ruler of Cancerverse and also became crazy. He now cameos in Guardians of the Galaxy but that is about to be cancelled.

Whor would still had happened regardless of Secret Sins.

Oh, look, it's Tradd autist again. Yes, I remember you. You're the one that claimed that Tradd was the best artist in the industry. What a ridiculous notion.

Sam's book wasn't popular enough because Richfags refused to read it because of "not muh Nova". Bringing Rich back wasn't enough to save the book and now no more Nova books, which is kinda of a good thing since Richfags don't deserve comic books.

>a good thing since Richfags don't deserve comic books.
This. I still laugh my ass off remembering the tantrums they threw.

The biggest problem Robbie had was living in LA, with 95% of everything happening in Marlel at NYC. He was pretty much cut off from all the itneresting stuff, I assume because Latinos and gangs are exclusive to Mexifornia.
>He, Kamala and Sam Alexander were fantastic and truly how Marvel should have approached diversifying their roster
So much this. Instead of shooting themselves on the foot with Champions, they shoulda let those 3 become friends and have adventures together, something like Young justice before Conner, Tim and Bart became part of Teen Titans. For moving Robbie out of LA, excuses can be made, sending him to work, or train under someone magical and shit.

Robbie deserved better

I don't understand where Robbie is and why doesn't Marvel even include him in a team book. It's like they want to bury the character.

Agreed. Novas was great, and sperg autists should've known when to hedge their absolutism. That book was promoted with Rich's return. Any thinking consumer would've supported it.

>Bleach ripoff
>fucking underages don't recognize Skull Man
Just as expected of Sup Forums.

its because they completely fucked his relaunched book by making him a side-character in it, but Marvel only sees that it sold like fucking shit

It actually was based aesthetically on Bleach, though. The interviews pre-launch said as much.

I never saw they mentioning Bleach in any of the interviews, I only remember they said they were going for a "Speed Racer from hell" aesthetic.

His art is very off putting to a patrician tastelord.
I mean it's very competent, but absolutely tasteless stylization.
I struggled through Luther Strode, and to this day don't know why I finished it.

I didn't like the first issues so I dropped it.

>Tfw in everyone else's books, specially around Miles or Kamala, Sam was treated as some low-tier hanger-on.
>When in one of his early issues he literally dragged an opponent bodily through a fucking star.

Dickfags for both companies are just dicks and fags in real life

He holds back really hard because he doesn't want to turn the street level guys he fights into bloody smears

his manga is pretty funny

>Robbie's head is perhaps the easiest one to adapt into live action and is visually distinct from the other Riders
>Agents of SHIELD decides to do a generic skull with scars
The fuck?

based art and i liked him

You guys remember that buff chick with the skateboard? Yeah....

I’m so sad comic got cancelled just when she got introduced. I liked her a lot and wanted Robbie to fuck the shit out of her.

If he gets a new series she will probably show up as a throw away villain but the romance is probably done.

I'm sorry, what stupid thing happens?

>Agents of SHIELD
There's your problem.

He suddenly got penance stare and killed starbrand with it. Because apparently robbie is becoming a regular ghost rider now/

What's really sad is that Smith probably wouldn't come back to Marvel. He did a Kickstarter with what seemed liked some unleashed ideas from his work on ANGR. Unfortunately I missed the funding period. Hope I can grab a copy when it comes out.

So, something stupid happened. Like, really, really stupid.

Not quite since the second trade had shit art and i still enjoyed the story.
He's a genuinely interesting character who acts like a hero and shows his responsibilities. Genuinely interesting moveset and legit underutilized by Marvel. They're too busy pushing all these other books that are genuine garbage while Robbie gets sidelined.

It was beyond stupid. Robbie pulled Penance Stare out of the ass despite not being a real Ghost Rider. And when he used Penance Stare on Starbrand, he exploded and died. That is not even how Penance Stare suppose to work.

His character and stories tend to be much darker and gritty than, say, Kamala's. Putting him in a light-hearted book wouldn't do him justice.

Here's hoping they come up with a team book where his story's tone would work well. Maybe a Ghost Rider anthology series, or something.

We had solicits for an issue that ended up being cancelled. It said that Robbie's powers were evolving. I'm guessing that the either the Penance Stare would have been part of it and be properly explained, or Marvel just haphazardly reused the idea in Legacy and fucked it up.

I was hoping he'd make a special guest appearance in Champions where he shows up like the White Power Ranger to save the day, and at first everyone is happy, but then they get really freaked out when he starts murdering people and sends them to hell

>the angel gang ends up accidentally summoning the marvel version of God Hand, Robbie barely gets away
>arc ends with his little brother holding a Crimson Berelit

Sam took on the Axis inverted fucking Hulk, and got no respect for it. None. Drives me up the damn wall.

I thought it was Gene Simmons kid who made a comic that blatantly ripped off panels from Bleach... and then his comic was canceled.

I still can't find anyplace to download this at.

It was one of the very few original creations Marvel came up with that I really enjoyed. I thought the art at times was great and at other times, off putting, but the storytelling held my attention.
Marvel just doesn't get it. Every hero, every villain, has a place they come from that shapes who they are FAR more than what race/nationality they happen to be. Their goals and actions define them. Hitting me over the fucking head with their race / gender card constantly is useless.

>So did Robbie have any genuine potential
Ghost Driver was pretty obviously aimed at the Fast n' Furious kiddies, for good or ill.

I wasn't offended by the concept unlike some folks who lost their minds at the idea of a car vs a motorcycle.

>or was the book bad from the beginning carried solely by Tradd's art?
The writing wasn't great ( the dialog was especially cringy ) and most people stopped reading it when Tradd fucked off to do more Strode if the sales are anything to go by.

>Also was the Bleach ripoff that shameless?
Yes. I can't read this without hearing it in Ichigo's Vizard Voice.

I will never not be mad about Champions.

They had a cool teenage team with some potentially great characters (Kalama, Sam and Viv were all good, and while I don't necessarily like the others for various reasons, they're also not so bad that a decent creative team couldn't have made them work), but they completely pissed it all away with fucking shit writing and storylines that nobody could possibly give a single fuck about. It was one of the few new Marvel titles I was genuinely interested in and it turned out to be one of the worst. Waid was never exactly my favorite writer, but he's capable of much better than this trash.

There was a lot of potential with Robbie. His first book was really fun with gorgeous art, and the characters were likeable with a villain who was actually pretty damned despicable. Of course Marvel being Marvel had to fuck it all up with the second book turning him into a supporting character in his own book and killed off any momentum this character may have had in the process.

I'm still a bit livid about what happened to him and his book desu because it was a fun series that people enjoyed and even though Robbie never got the Kamala Khan push (Countless mainstream articles praising Marvel for having a diverse new character etc etc.) he still had his fans.

>Richfags have singlehandedly prevented any future Nova ongoings and MCU Nova appearances
Probably one of the worst character fanbases

>Ms Marvel went to shit
>Robbie got cancelled
>Viv ended up in champions
>Gwenpool got cancelled
>Nova got cancelled

Christ why can't legacies get a solid run without turning into a shitshow?

madokami

Outside of the silver age legacies, I can't really think of any that last. Even Barry Allen eventually came back to replace Wally again.

Okay now that's a fucking sick idea

I'm pretty sure that was teased but then they never went through with it

So when Aaron starts his modern Cavengers run, what do you think will happen to Robbie?

YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA.

OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME.

RIDE THE TIGER.

LIKE THE EYES OF A CAT IN THE BLACK AND BLUE.

Why do they remind me of H.E.A.T? Did they decide one day to switch to marvel now that they already ruined DC?

Wally is different. He became THE Flash among fans. That wasnt the case with Kyle Rayner or Connor Green Arrow.
Wally was the only legacy hero that succeeded.

the sheer amount of orange gets pretty jarring

Orange is the best color

Were there even Richfags before Annihilation? I mean apart from the handful of grognards that congregate around literally any character from the 90s or before? It seems like Richfags are the same people as the GotGfags, who think Annihilation is the best thing ever and everything should be the way it was in Annihilation.

I mean Annihilation was good fun, but still.

As much as I love Bruce, I still have hope for the day he dies(for good), and Dick takes on the mantle for good. Dick Deserves to be the next batman!

>Were there even Richfags before Annihilation?
Yeah, and like other small fangroups they're intense as fuck.

>carried solely by Tradd's art?

people outside of Sup Forums hated the art myself included

>tumbrl tier art
>blatant manga story rip off,poorly done
>car
>diversity character replacing existing one

It was doomed from the start

>tumbrl tier art
God I fucking hate you raging fucking faggot. I hope your favourite character/writer is loaded with an actual tumblr artist

>tumbrl tier art
>blatant manga story rip off,poorly done
>diversity character replacing existing one

how can one man be so wrong?

Nevermind Robbie, the Penance Stare should not have been able to just destroy Starbrand.

I do wonder what he'd look like with something more supernatural/unusual like green fire.

Except Robbie didnt replace anybody, you fucking faggot