At some point, Luke must have told Leia and Chewbacca about Yoda training him...

At some point, Luke must have told Leia and Chewbacca about Yoda training him. Why did Chewbacca never mention that he knew that guy?

Why did Han not believe in the Force? He thought Jedi was a bullshit religion, yet Chewbacca fought alongside the Jedi and saw their powers firsthand. Why would he have not told Han about this?

Chewbaka probably doesnt want to tell everybody around that he fought alongside one of the main enemies of the empire, before he joined the rebellion.

Also, even if he said that, Han could just laught it off and not believe.

Why would Han laugh it off? Not saying that Han has to believe him wholeheartedly, but Chewie isn’t a stranger or some idiot. Han knows him personally and it’s not like Chewie has reputation for believing bullshit -as far as we know.

I think it was a mistake to ever have Yoda and Chewbacca know each other in the first place.

>Why did Han not believe in the Force? He thought Jedi was a bullshit religion, yet Chewbacca fought alongside the Jedi and saw their powers firsthand. Why would he have not told Han about this?

Contrary to popular belief, most people, even when the Jedi were at their height, had never even seen a Jedi. The Jedi only had jurisdiction within the core and Mid Rim. In the Outer Rim where Han mostly grew up, which is outside the Repulic's borders and where the Empire was expanding into, 90% of the population had never even heard of the Jedi Knights. The vast majority of the other 10% had only ever heard stories about them.

As much as the Jedi were a big deal for their time, you still have to remember that the Galaxy was a fuck-huge place. So it comes as no surprise that someone like Han wouldn't believe in the Force or had never heard of the Jedi before.

Because it's all made up on the spot from day one, ain't no secret

If your best friend suddenly said that he knew and danced alongside Beyonce many years ago before knowing you, would you believe in him? Even if he has no actual proof?

Maybe Yoda was the reason Chewie seemed to care about Luke's plight going up against the DS in the first film? He seems to care a lot more than Han (on the surface).

If he’s of an appropriate age where such a thing is possible, and he lived in the same area, ran in the same circles and most importantly, -doesn’t have a reputation as a bullshitter, then sure, why not?

My friend’s father is a photographer and has met all kinds of famous people and politicians. I don’t have any proof, but I’ve got no reason NOT to believe him, his job certainly makes it plausible.

The Clone Wars were a huge part of Chewie’s life.

>At some point, Luke must have told Leia and Chewbacca about Yoda training him. Why did Chewbacca never mention that he knew that guy?

"Oh I know that guy. Solid dude."

"Nice."

>Why did Han not believe in the Force? He thought Jedi was a bullshit religion, yet Chewbacca fought alongside the Jedi and saw their powers firsthand. Why would he have not told Han about this?

Why did no one believe in the force? It's been 20 years only. I chose to believe this but it's safe to say it's slopy writing.

This is a comics and cartoons board you dumb nigger

>Why did Han not believe in the Force? He thought Jedi was a bullshit religion, yet Chewbacca fought alongside the Jedi and saw their powers firsthand.
>Why don't all my friends have the same ideological beliefs as me?

[/spoiler]I just farted[/spoiler]

what the fuck?

Why the hell does this maymay refuse to die?

The answer is that Han believing that Yoda was friends with a Jedi is fine because that doesn't mean he would believe in "some all powerful force controlling everything".

And as for the first question, who says he didn't?

There are Star Wars comics and cartoons, you peice of shit.

Actually, just kidding. I had the wrong board open, I thought I was on Sup Forums, that’s where I intended to post this thread. My bad, wrong board. I was actually a little surprised at how genuine some of the replies were, I was expecting more shitposting, that should have tipped me off.

Do you think Chewbacca would be bothered at all if Han walked around naked on the Millennium Falcon? Surely it would be somewhat hypocritical if Chewie had a problem with it?

>Why did no one believe in the force? It's been 20 years only.

Nobody didn't. Lots of people remembered the Jedi. It's just that most of them were in the core and Mid Rim worlds where people were glad that the Jedi were gone because they were led to believe the Jedi were dragging the Clone War on.

Much of the leadership of the rebellion were folks who personally knew the Jedi, and some of them had even fought beside them. The younger members were probably those who grew up on stories about the Jedi. Not all of them were backwater hicks that grew up in the bumb-fuck middle of nowhere end of the Outer Rim like Luke did.

Good relations with the wookies, Yoda had.

Never got the issue with this line.

Maybe Han did believe in the force, and the Jedi. Maybe he remembered better than anyone thought.

You have to remember that in the official history books, the Jedi were effectively a peace keeping order that turned on the Republic when they thought they could control it, and nearly destroyed it. Whether many people actually believe that is another thing, but the Jedi have a negative reputation.

You also have to remember that the Empire have been kidnapping or killing force sensitives across the galaxy. Not to public knowledge of course, but something that might reach the ears of a smuggler.

Then, when they do turn up, Imperial agents are sent to either kill them, or worse Darth Vader is sent.

So, if you're a smuggler who means well, but has had to do some bad to do some right in the galaxy, and you're giving an old man and a guy who has barely left puberty discussing this cult, what are you going to do? You're obviously going to try to dissuade him, because anyone who gets tangled up in this cult dies horribly. You can't say it's dangerous, because he's not going to give a shit, and you can't say the Jedi are evil because you're 90 percent sure that's wrong, and if it's right Kenobi is going to strike you down.

So you tell him it's a sham. That it's all made up, the religion with no definitive proof, just like thousands more in the galaxy. You'll do your job, get paid, and get Jabba off your back, and maybe you'll save this kid's life too. Sure, you're lying, but he won't know that, and it's for the greater good

Tom Hanks once took a french fry from me during a visit to California, he said no one would believe me.

These. The Jedi were the stuff of myth and legend for most people.

Because Star Wars is fucking retarded.

He was right, I don't believe you.

Chewie's a bullshitter, like everybody you'll ever meet in a dive bar

nobody believes his crazy stories, Han has grown up surrounded by Imperial propaganda about the Jedi and fantastic technology in mundane situations that could easily be believed to be the source of their "powers"

by the point at which Yoda was "training" Luke, Luke was getting secretive and distant, spending months at a time away from the rebellion

even Han came to accept that there was something to what Luke was talking about, but like most bullshitters you'll meet in dive bars, Han's natural tendency to assume everybody is talking shit and it's all just coincidence kept control

even on Coruscant you'd be unlikely to see a Jedi beyond the Temple and Senate just because of the numbers of people and the area of settlement

Did he mean this thread specifically?
He was right.

Did Luke even speak Wookie?
I don't think they ever had a conversation together in the movies.

That sounds like something Nicholas Cage would do, while doing his maniac face.