What happened to Saturday morning cartoons?

What happened to Saturday morning cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortexx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

-Couldn't compete with cable
-Networks think its cheaper to sell the time slots
-By selling the timeslots to shitty educational shows, they can also fill the government-mandated E/I requirements, killing two birds with one stone

for once, boco, you come up with some decent insight good job.

No, he didn't mention the government-mandated shorter commercials which are the biggest reason for this by far. But then, nobody talks about those.

There's KidsClick on ThisTV

Kids wb >>>>>>>>>> cw

Don't forget streaming services like hulu and netflix

something about parents divorcing each other and that kids would have time for cartoons because of who would have custody of them in certain days or some other bullshit

Who the fuck even goes to ThisTV day barely air anything good except for inspector gadget, and that power rangers ripoff, was fun when they aired west batman.
then you got qubo but sherlock holmes and archie are at night.
the channel has donkey ollie and on rare occasions Fleischer superman

the god channel*

Objectively true

really?

There were LOTS of problems in the late 90s and early 00s for Saturday morning cartoons, not just limited to . It was like everything was actively working against them. People often cite anime as one of the reasons, but it's largely the opposite. Anime pulled viewers and was cheap enough to save blocks that would otherwise have bled money, so it allowed KidsWB and Foxbox to linger well after they'd have normally died.

from what i heard yeah, i mean i'd give my own take on why they got rid of saturday morning cartoons, but i'd probably be wrong. although litton entertainment programing blocks were pretty much on almost every channel like ABC, CBS, NBC at the time except for CW.

Eh, Saturday morning cartoons were already on their way out by the time the streaming sites started to take off.

aside from that the channel's i listed also aired saturday morning cartoons at one point.

Damn Boco, you know your cartoons

>something about parents divorcing each other and that kids would have time for cartoons because of who would have custody of them in certain days or some other bullshit
What the fuck are you talking about?

You're forgetting the big one: The internet. Kids actually had something better to do on Saturday mornings.

something about drunk parents eating beefy burritos from taco bell, cause that's all they can afford.

>mfw Fox Kids was replaced by the Fox Box

You have to be 18 to post here

yeah whatever you say faggot

>doesn't deny being underage b&

I honestly don't remember Foxbox that's how forgettable it was

Kids don't even get up early enough to watch it. They all sleep in because they spend too much time glued to monitors and ipads.

>admits to being underage
They get dumber every year.

>He didn't win the Kirby Air Ride sweepstakes

Even when I was a kid, Saturday Morning Cartoons were a very low priority for the networks.

They were often pre-empted by sports game pre-shows which I remember really pissing me off.

Not to mention the government mandate that all broadcast networks air a certain amount of educational programming each day. Combined with the time crunch, they just didn't want to bother anymore.

Cable Channels like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network aren't subject to those regulations. So the kids who wanted to watch cartoons flocked to them.

Nowadays the Cable networks are losing viewership because kids are getting readily available online entertainment from the likes of YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu.

Jackie for life, yo'.

Thanks to torrents and streaming, any resourceful user can easily replicate the same Fox Kids schedule they watched long ago.

It was later replaced by 4Kids TV.

Kids WB > Disney One Saturday Morning > Fox Kids > Toonami Rising Sun > 4Kids TV

It's unfortunate CN made rising sun into just a platform for DBZ reruns

Shut the fuck up boco

Give me some suggestions and I'll do this right now.

>Saturday Morning Cartoons
>An American institution for over half a century

>The last Saturday Morning cartoon broadcast in the US was Yu-Gi-Oh

Fuck.

Man, I want to shake whoever's hand that decided to make Vortexx, because that had one of the most amazing lineups I had ever seen for a Saturday morning block. Even if they had to water down the violence in DBZK and JLU.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortexx

Also I love pointing out that the final episode of DBZK they aired was the one where planet Namek explodes.

Hey, at least Kids WB didn't have competition anymore, and ABC Kids would air Power Rangers at noon when all the other blocks switched to infomercials and sports.

Man I don't fucking know Jesus Christ why do you think I have an answer for every single inane question you come up with? I'm not a walking encyclopedia you fuckwit holy shit use google or something I'm so sick your nonsense oooohhhh why did this happen ooooooooohhhhhh why don't they did this anymore ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh where did this go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHO IS THIS GUY I DON'T FUCKING KNOW STOP ASKING ME ALREADY FUCK

The main thing I remember about Fox Box was being super excited for One Piece to air after reading a few volumes of the manga but then the intro music played.