When will the "aquaman is completely useless" meme die off for good?

When will the "aquaman is completely useless" meme die off for good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XVjjbEa2HrE
youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When his movie becomes the highest grossing DCEU movie.

When we get a new season of Aquaman & Friends Action Hour

This

You think it'll be anything good or will it ruin aquaman even more than superfriends did?

Aquaman is a pathetic waste of time. I love how the Justice League cartoon had him lose his arm, be an asshole, and get featured in less than a handful of episodes

What I'd like to know is how he's allowed to have such a massive jurisdiction. 75% of the Earth's surface is far, far less than any other single superhero. Typical affirmative action; those Atlanteans are taking our jerbs

I love Aquaman, but fuck that movie. Momoa can't act, his Arthur is terrible, and I don't want a bunch of backtracking casual faggots pretending they like Aquaman now
Never much cared for edgey 90s Arthur

It was only because they had a strict "no punching" rule for the superfriends cartoon and aquaman had no means of getting around it like batman with his gadgets. Seriously, you got superheroes and they can't hit anyone, that was bullshit.

I'm talking about the 2000 DCAU Justice League cartoon

Superman The Animated Series had the better Arthur

Wonder woman is the current place holder.
Frankly when it comes to DC the less likely to succeed projects seem to do better.

He just doesn't have interesting powers. Of course people latch on to the "talking" to fish shit. If he didn't have that he's just a generic guy with super strength that can breathe under water.
It's better to be laughed at than be forgotten.

same time people would forget the wasp backhand.

>Super strong telepath with a magic trident that can control weather and water.

If you dropped him against the MCU Avengers he'd spank all of them.

Every single one.

He's Earth's strongest natural life form. He can knock Superman on his ass, king of Atlantis (which has advanced tech), and has control over all sea life including sea monsters

ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=XVjjbEa2HrE

So when will they give him power creep like "all terrestrial vertebrate animals are descended from fish" and he can control animals (and eventually people)?

I think that was already a thing

This is now a BatB thread
youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

Literally why can't Aquaman just be like this every time. Embrace the wackiness of the character.

When he stops getting beaten up by an autistic black man with no actual superpowers.

user...

All the way back in the nineties.
He can't really do outright mind control (it works on fish because fish are fucking stupid) but that's definitely a thing he already did.

What powers does he even have other than super strength and fish control? Talking as a non-DCfag, I had no knowledge of him

Already done.

Think about the type of physiology you need to go from crush depth to the surface without getting the bends. He's practically Superman level strength. And he can summon all the creatures of the deep. Sharks are the least of your worries.

pretty sure people would love seeing scarjo be spanked but rdj and the others?

not so much

It kind of already has.
Then again I don't hang out with many people who bring up Aquaman who aren't at least familiar with him being cool in the recent cartoon shows.

So casuals and normalfags think aquaman is cool after years of thinking he's completely useless? Fascinating

Couldn't they just give him water control and have him throw water at foes then?

well, it could be they are the generation that never saw superfriends and only know hook hand and outrageous aquaman

Depends on the run really.

Unless they're a robot or machine, making them wet isn't going to stop them

That's Mera's thing.

The reason I love Aquaman so much.

He's golden age superman but with the ability to bend all sea life to his will. Check out the sub Diego run of aquaman from before the new 52 to see just how creative control of sea life can be. The dumbing down off that ability would Annoy me a lot more if the dumbing down of the lanterns wasn't an infinite time worse.

Well he was useless in Justice Meme so that didn’t help.

Impossible, Manta's autism force is stronger than the speed force.

...Counting "$3 billion dollars" as the highest gross after post-nuke hyperinflation is cheating, user. It still only sells five tickets.