Tony, you're gay

Tony, you're gay.

Is this and green lantern tas the only CG superheros toons to be held in high regard?

My name is Angela hey hello

ANGELA DIGIVOVLE TO ANGELAMON!

gayy, you're Ton.

Beware the Batman was good. But like all new entries in a franchise, it suffered from being the new thing that people hated simply because it wasn't the old thing that they loved.
Don't know about MTV's Spider-Man, only watched like 3 episodes when I was a kid.

Beware the Batman also suffered from the fact that its CGI was crap, the villains were classic ones copy-and-pasted into obscure ones and the plots were stupid as shit.

>Beware the Batman was good

No it wasn't. The only good thing about it was Katana sass and even that couldn't make up boring plots, crappy villains and the bitchiest Batman ever animated.

NPH's Spiderman TAS was pretty good. Although even for the time the CGI was pretty rough to look at, but it was more of the models and their proportions. I enjoyed it enough that I remember I watched all of it on MTV2 when it was still a local channel. It still had a lot of SM monologuing.

>the villains were classic ones copy-and-pasted into obscure ones
All of the villains are straight from the comics.

No, Beware the Batman's problem is that it assumed people would watch it just because it's Batman, so it played the long game with its plots and payoffs. Then it got canned after 8 episodes.

>Last 7 episodes were burned off in the same night
>On Toonami

I like AA, but no way is it held in high regard. Most people just dismiss it as the Kiddy Tony show.

>the villains were classic ones copy-and-pasted into obscure ones

That literally only applies to Joker, and that's even if you consider Ledger's Joker to be an accurate take on the character.

I don't think that's why it got canned, but I appreciate the slow burn of the story and character arcs. Katana's introduction and induction into Batman's crime fighting life actually felt natural and earned. Compare that to the newest Spider-Man cartoon, where Miles is given spider-powers and becomes a hero before fleshing out his character.

Jean, you're OP.

, you're Jean.

>All of the villains are straight from the comics.
Not their personalities.

>That literally only applies to Joker, and that's even if you consider Ledger's Joker to be an accurate take on the character.
To this day, I still hold that the "plot twist" was that Anarky is the Joker before falling into the chemicals. They probably thought they were being cute by having a villain with an actor motif end up as a clown.

>All of the villains are straight from the comics.

Yeah, I forgot how Anarky was a Joker knock-off, Magpie was a Catwoman knock-off and Humpty Dumpty was a Riddler knock-off.

I don't need Ledger, BTB's Anarky was clearly a Joker wannabe.

>I don't need Ledger, BTB's Anarky was clearly a Joker wannabe.
Literally Post TDK Joker. He was hugely influenced by Ledger's joker, nothing in the comics predating that

>Magpie was a Catwoman knock-off
Literally the only things they have in common are being sexy, having a thing for Batman, and stealing jewels at some point. Magpie's character is based on being really mentally ill, even by Batman villain standards, and Batman trying to help her. Catwoman's very clever and charming and quick-witted and morally ambiguous and gets along with Batman. Magpie's just crazy and very obviously unstable. They act nothing alike

>Humpty Dumpty was a Riddler knock-off.
Yeah, they really didn't have any ideas for making Humpty Dumpty unique.

If you're going to take shots for making villains rip offs of other villains Whale was just "not-penguin"

That one's kind of a stretch.

But that's bullshit. Magpie is a murderous manic and the show portrays her as a legit villain instead of the morally-grey Catwoman.

>Yeah, they really didn't have any ideas for making Humpty Dumpty unique.

He was more like Toyman from S:TAS. Still, I appreciated that they implied his backstory from the comics was canon in the show as well.

>If you're going to take shots for making villains rip offs of other villains Whale was just "not-penguin"

The show hints that Penguin's around multiple times and might've brought him in in a later season. I wonder how they would've distinguished him from Whale.

How about Cypher? Or Silver Monkey? Or Lady Shiva? Phosphorous Rex? The Key? Man-bat?

There are some characters that are similar in aspects to existing ones, like how Metamorpho's powers are a lot like Clayface's, but that's just from the comics, and actual character wise they're totally different.

I'll also concede that Pyg is nothing like the comics, and borrows a decent amount from Poison Ivy with the whole 'eco-terrorist' angle, but their style, aesthetics, gimmicks, and 'powers' and fighting style are absolutely nothing like hers, all they have is being eco-terrorists.

>Literally Post TDK Joker. He was hugely influenced by Ledger's joker, nothing in the comics predating that
>Anarky giggling like a retard, obsessed with Batman and chaos

If you'd read a single Batman comic with Joker in it pre-Ledger, you wouldn't be saying such stupid things. Anarky certainly doesn't act anything like Anarky from the comics and acts way too much like the Joker for it to be a coincidence.

>Literally the only things they have in common are being sexy, having a thing for Batman, and stealing jewels at some point.

Oh, you mean like Catwoman's ENTIRE FUCKING SHTICK?

>Magpie's character is based on being really mentally ill

Catwoman is canonically a kleptomaniac, so what's your point?

>Magpie's just crazy and very obviously unstable.

Magpie's only difference from Catwoman is that she's more psychotic. Other than that, they might as well be the same basic character and Magpie is very clearly designed to fill Catwoman's slot.

>Still, I appreciated that they implied his backstory from the comics was canon in the show as well.

They didn't. They implied he lived with his grandma (not necessarily abusive) and completely skipped on his obsession with taking things apart and putting them back together and killing his grandma in favor of one of the most retarded and nonsensical villain backstories I've ever seen.

>I'll also concede that Pyg is nothing like the comics, and borrows a decent amount from Poison Ivy with the whole 'eco-terrorist' angle, but their style, aesthetics, gimmicks, and 'powers' and fighting style are absolutely nothing like hers, all they have is being eco-terrorists.

They're even barely eco-terrorists by their third major episode, where they're just terrorizing and mutating people for shits and giggles.

>Magpie's only difference from Catwoman is that she's more psychotic. Other than that, they might as well be the same basic character and Magpie is very clearly designed to fill Catwoman's slot.

Batman doesn't love Magpie. He used to have pity for her, and even then, that results in Katana nearly getting killed. That's a very different dynamic than anything he has with Selina.

>They didn't. They implied he lived with his grandma (not necessarily abusive) and completely skipped on his obsession with taking things apart and putting them back together and killing his grandma in favor of one of the most retarded and nonsensical villain backstories I've ever seen.

They mentioned that his mother went missing and his grandma was deceased "under suspicious circumstances". The house Batman investigates and that Humpty fills with death traps in another episode is his grandma's.

>They're even barely eco-terrorists by their third major episode, where they're just terrorizing and mutating people for shits and giggles.

Wasn't the third episode where they brainwashed Man-Bat into attacking companies that were environmentally harmful or something?

No, they were using him to steal more chemicals to create more drugs to mutate people with.

Magpie is literally just a shitty version of Catwoman from Batman Returns. They even do the “falls off the roof but is still alive” shit. She was boring as hell and a terrible waifu.

/thread

>/threading your own post

Fuck off, newfag.