How is it that Kryptonians physically resemble humans to such a great extent and they can reproduce with one another if...

How is it that Kryptonians physically resemble humans to such a great extent and they can reproduce with one another if they don’t share a common ancestor?

Not all versions could reproduce with humans. IIRC, in Lois and Clark, they couldn’t.

If Vulcans can do it, so can Kryptonians.

Convergent evolution?

The main thing that define a specie s being able to make reproduce and make a chld that is not infertile. Thats why black people are still human, even if sometimes they don't look rational...
We do have animals from different species that can have babies but the babies can't reproduce, and sometimes just the male babies or the female.
We don't know yet if Jon can have childrens, but if he do, it means that Kryptonians are somehow humans, but more evolved, probably.

Besides that, keep with that Grant Morrison's quote:

"Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real."

Yea the Doctor Who excuse.

"I don't look Human, you look like a Time Lord."

>or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child:
>Lucius Fox does it
There you go, Grant.

Well Vulcan's have some surface resemblance but as said by McCoy many a time their biology was completely alien.

Intelligent design ;)

Also by the size of his Business Empire most of that to day is handled by Presidents and Chairmen. With maybe getting him to sign off.

Bruce Wayne is the Billionaire Playboy that "parties" all night and sleeps till past noon. Its a well known habit.

>if they don’t share a common ancestor?

They do though. God exists in DC.

Intelligent Design.

You guys are right, but why ignore the main point of what he said?

Wake up people. Kryptonian are just humans from the future.

I always imagine Sejic drawing those stuff wth one hand and jerking off with the other.

Comics.
It's like magic. They ain't gotta explain shit.

Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle?

Man, that shit should be canon.

You know I like Sejic and his art but I really hate how comics like this get popular and everyone on the internet posts them all the time and treat them as canon or as actual answers to questions like OP's.

Maybe a group of humans were mutated and sent into the past on Krypton?

i bet you're real fun at parties

>We do have animals from different species that can have babies but the babies can't reproduce,
Well, things are not that easy. Liger and tigon are fertile.

There's also daxamites and several other alien species who could pass for human.

The likely bullshit answer is
1. The life entity who stayed dormant on earth had human-like designs as the default idea for all advanced life.
2. The big hand of creation that started the universe was possibly Valthoom the First Lantern who turned out to be a human from Earth-3.
3. Earth is the center of the multiverse being influenced by, among other things, Earth Prime (the Alt Earth where all superhero stories are works of fiction [aka us]).

COMIC BOOK SCIENCE!

That certain races should be inferior but by his puny logic aren't?

They ignore what they agree with, my man

It's a joke, user. It doesn't answer to anything.

Makes more sense than convergent evolution.

I know, I'm not talking about that post specifically or anything.

>emergent evolution
>god created man(and other species) in his shape and form
these are two big explanation, just one actually. considering pretty much all gods and abstract concep beings in dc are human-like in shape and also in thought. it's gotta be because of some source, or the presence or bullshit magic making most species of intelligent being to evolve to look humanoid

you thought the same thing?

It doesnt even have to be God, just a superior alien race, a common trope around.

Jor-El specifically chose Earth because they were so similar to Kryptonians.

Vulcans and humans share common ancestry.

The Kryptonian star Rao thought an ancient female Guardian was hot and said he'd make his planet's sapient beings look like her.

No, wait, that was Sol.

But OP is asking WHY these two seemingly separate species on planets lightyears apart are similar enough to be able to reproduce.

Maybe Rao decided to copy Sol. Ever read that one sandman story?

I like the idea that kryptonian penis is almost the same as human but kryptonian vagina is some wierd alien thing.

I would invite him to my parties

It's a big universe.
Granted I think krypton is actually really close to earth. Aren't they only a sector apart or something?

Rao got convinced to put life on a planet that was gonna explode in that same story though.
Holy hell did that backfire though.

Despair talked him into it, under the logic that their eventual doom and destruction would ring out across the cosmos as the ultimate symbol of despair and futility.

Instead, it wound up creating possibly the single greatest symbol of hope in the universe.

“Oops.”

Maybe it's just a fad though. Bunch of stars at that endless council thought 'okay let's go with that design'.

Isnt there a story with lex doing exactly that?

This.

Comics.

Red Son?

Daxamites are either descendants of Kryptonians or hybrids of early Kryptonians and Daxamites.

No, ive seen it around, from the silver age, lex plotting in a way that he becomes jor-el in the future.

hypertime is getting too much

If you are talking about Jon, they were only able to have him because clark was made human at the time.

Read the end of Red Son bro

And so is Superman's. I can't remember where I saw it, but there was an X-Ray once and his internal organs are essentially a series of sausages.

Ah, here we are. A bit different to how I remembered, but still definitely non-human.

Weird that it doesn't show a ribcage on his chest.

As seen by a lot of aliens in DC, humanoids in general are a very powerful and constant evolutionary shape, and as such genitalia and chromosomes can theoretically also be part of it. Then again, the statistic odds of so many chunks of your destroyed planet landing on your new planet which are in completely different galaxies are also low, so let's not act like Supes not having a cloaca is within the range of improbability.

It's funny, last night I read a letter in Lee/Kirby Thor where a fan was saying Thor shouldn't have such a broad chest because he didn't need to breathe and thus wouldn't have ribs.

Lois and Clark was great. I wish they revealed how that baby got there in the finale.

Because comic books