Actually good comic villains

So I recently finished Preacher (really liked how Allstar was portrayed), though are there any other actual likeable villains who aren't "Hollywood likable". Need something else to read.

Doctor Destiny is likable, but he is also a monster.

Can you describe "Hollywood likable"? I'm intrigued by the distinction

Not him but I would guess villains who are entertaining but not threatening, like MCU Loki.

Personally I like a villain that, even if one dimensional, is basically taking things to an extreme to be a threat.

sauce?

Neil Gaiman's Sandman. First volume.

> (OP) (You)
>Can you describe "Hollywood likable"? I'm intrigued by the distinction

I guess it something like Loki. Pretty boy villain who just make snarky quips and has no real depth or personality beyond that.

I always liked The Ghost; Ghost is an industrial saboteur and vigilant that made his own powered armor which gives him the ability to make himself and other objects intangible and invisible, as well as gain access to and control computer systems near him. Having long since lost his humanity and sanity- he always wears the suit, smells terrible, and rants about bringing down capitalism, goverment and all corruptt corporations.
Nevertheless he has fought alongside the Thunderbolts against injustice, showing that even the most rotten, paranoid schizophrenic can have a good heart.

down with whiny 'I killed billions because mom didn't love me enough' sadsacks

Be pure!
Be vigilant!
Behave!

Loki had one good character scene, in first Thor I think, when he had a feels moment about his parental issues.

A villain should be a threat
Or is not good in being a villain

Barracuda

Second 'Cuda.

Pic: Red Crow from Scalped.

Emma Frost.

One of my favs and his owner too.

Psycho Pirate

He good kitty.

Mad Jim Jaspers was quite the fun.

Darkseid is.

>Darkseid
>a good villain

Cirin

Emperor Zombie. David Hyde Pierce did a great job voicing him in the animation.

Shut your mouth, you New Genesis scum.

Bullseye

>There's actually a little joke in here - Gung was funny!

I like Torquemada. Most 2000AD villains are enjoyable. He's so unapologetically pure in his actions, kind of like Aku.

>pure cement
I will never not love that.

Best of all:
Intelligent, funny, ruthless and with a memorable crew on his side

Yet people tend to forget him.

good choice
I actually like the way Ellis writes his villains, Bendix from Stormwatch run, Osborn as a leader of Thunderbolts, they are just so entertaining

F

>I'm going
>To SMOKE you

He didn't just do a great job; he stole the fucking show. Someone needs to give him a platform where he can just go nuts and riff on whatever they hand him.

I think what makes a likable villain is that they stand for something other than "I want money/power/to kill/I'm so evil look how evil I am"

characters like Dr Freeze have something going that makes you understand why they do it if not agree with the method

BTAS Dr. Freeze's problem is that he only works as a one-shot. His story's effectiveness was diluted every single time they used him, with the exception of his Beyond Appearance.

Cyclops

Bump

This

By the love of God, Torquemada!