Phoenix Resurrection #3 Storytime

This is for you girl, Jean Grey.

Haven't read this yet myself

why do I do this?

why are we still here?

desu I just do this for (You)s

Don't we all?

hey it's Morph

Wait, Cecilia is still alive, isn't she?

I like to think one day I'm gonna get that (You) that will finally fill this empty void inside me.

616 Morph doesn't look like that, it's probably Caliban.

>that epitaph
EL-oh-EL

so it's not some dead world heaven thing. It's some manifestation of whatever that probably happened in Jean Grey last month.

I think they always have that on her tomb stone with the full knowledge that it's happened 4 times now.

Wasn't X-23 the one with the green eyes?

Yeah they were her "mom's" eyes if I recall.

this is a weekly with a bunch of different artist, the colorist is overworked probably.

>Three members of X-Force and a former juggernaut

It's missing a flying but this seems like a perfectly reasonable team to bring to a "war."

Once again, No-Girl gets the shaft.

Remember when that shit event Inhumans vs X-men ended with Emma turning evil, and now it's been pretty much forgotten? Feels good :)

>Church of Apocalypse

Wonder what Sundays are like.

>Church picnic
>The family that loses the three-legged race gets culled

Wasn't the implication of "going to war" suggesting that Emma is still somewhat hostile? Granted she's not wearing that stupid helmet but...

Bring my nigga Scott back

YOU MEMBER?

Ah so begins the retcon that Scott wasn't really in love with Emma. Remember all those comics where Emma felt insecure if Scott loved her or not and Scott always reassured that he did?
Yeah those were false.
Ofc I shouldn't really be complaining. They really pushed the "Emma is a saint and was pushed into doing evil things by Shaw" angle in those days. Guess this is retribution.

I'm sure she's not supposed to look quite human but those lips look horrible.

No, Emma just knows that Kitty REALLY hates her and would look for any excuse to start a fight.

In the last Phoenix mini series like 10 years ago Emma and Scott were having similar issues, where Scott would think about Jean every so often. It's not a retcon it's "Scott loved Jean for a long time and was married to her and it's hard to forget that even when you're with someone else."

Isn’t she in Canada in JG#10 and knocked out with the cuckoos? How are the fuck she get to London?

Was it warsong? I kinda forgot about that because it retardedly made the cuckoos related to Emma and her dumb clones.
Like did no one investigate the blond five sisters when they were admitted to school? Really?

I like how Strong Guy has been showing up in stuff more often since Secret Wars (2015) ended.

Yeah it was.

well I hope you enjoyed this because this had a severe lack of Rightclops for me

This might be the slowest, most fucking boring X-Men mini in years. 3 issues and NOTHING HAS FUCKING HAPPENED

>Like did no one investigate the blond five sisters when they were admitted to school?
They're Weapon Plus like Laura and Wolverine, wouldn't be surprised if they had all the proper paperwork.

I thought Emma was missing all with all the other people with Psychic powers

>Severe lack of Rightclops

I'm not betting on us getting Rightclops back

Last I remember seeing her was during Liu's Astonishing run so she should be. I could've easily dismissed the Psylocke chick as Revanche or something.

Holy shit the inking and coloring is terrible and doing a large disservice to the art.

This isn't the most decompressed book ever. But it's up there.

So that's Gateway and Revanche.
Who do you think Blonde Guy, Brown Haired guy and Black Haired Guy are?

Caliban is dead.

So will they bring back Scott?

Exactly, all the people in Jeans dream world are dead.
Caliban, Logan, Scott, Jamie Maddrox, Gateway, Revanche, Banshee (ok, he was resurrected by Remender, but that seems forgotten).

In a school with 3 most powerful psychics you dont need fucking paperwork. Warsong and Endsong is everything wrong with Xmen. Entirely pointless and convoluted.

I think so, but he will likely be full of retcons and disavow Emma and his actions from Messiah Complex on.

It could also be Darwin. At this point, I'm convinced that those are all characters stuck in limbo, dead or otherwise.

Did they really burry Jean???
And Essex didn't even try to get the body?

So could someone clue me in please:
-Is Young Jean still around?
-Is Rightclops still dead?
-Did Rightclops die with Beast still hating his guts?
-What's Emma's status?

Fuck i haven't read X-Men in so long and them bringing back Jean isn't helping.

Pretty much.

This is Maximum Carnage levels of "everything is always back at point one, don't worry".

>-Is Young Jean still around?
She “died”. Got incinerated by Phoenix.
>-Is Rightclops still dead?
Yeah.

Yeah...At one point he had a bearded and original version by two different books at the same time. Glad that the better version prevailed.

Dani is STACKED!

>-Is Young Jean still around?
died, but is apparently going to come back either in this event or some other story Cullen Bunn is still using her in x-men blue.

>-Is Rightclops still dead?
yep, though the x-men editor teased their are plans for him.

>-Did Rightclops die with Beast still hating his guts?
it's still fuck beast in these streets

>-What's Emma's status?
anti hero

Scott's mind was full of every X-woman and some non-X women too. His mind was a hotel filled with women

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU MOOORRRRPPPHHH!!

Holy crap is that British Psylocke? Hell yeah

Does her tombstone say anything at the end of Morrison's run?

If this is apocalypse shit

Based on this answers, seems i will keep on not reading X-Men for a while longer.

Blondie is Doug Ramsey

>we just have no psychics, anywhere!
>Dani Moonstar, fucking Nate Grey's girlfriend, on team
>No one has the rocket idea to call him up

Who is alive and well.

Based Emma

So Marvel really has a list of dead mutants for writters to check or is this the one who actually took time to see who was dead to splash in the story?

Didn't wolverine just recently come back with one of the infinity gems

This the plot of a 48 pages one-shot stretched out to five issues. It's nothing but wheel spinning.

#bringBackScott

Yeah

I figured it was skin or whatever his name was The dude that Jubilee had a crush on or something in Gen X?

Emma going Yandere was one of the few good things about the event. It would have been great to see more of it. Perhaps she secretly is trying to clone a Scott to rewrite into the old one and Young Scott thinks she's attempting lewd things when she's actually just trying to get a DNA sample?

They switched her eyes back and forth. She ended up with green I think. Latest fuckup for blue was taken thinking to himself she had wolverines eyes.

Thatg was covered in the story. The girls themselves telepathically cut off thought of investigation. It was a kinda cool idea based on the name.

It's a shame, because the setup for the event in Jean Grey was interesting.

Yes. It said "She Will Rise Again" there as well.

Marvel's in desperate need of tent poles and a Jean weekly that runs for a month brings in more money than a Jean one-shot.

>dem crusty lips

This has to be the most lackluster event ever. well, at least so far.

Dani is a psychic too. Hers is just not in Jean Grey format. Don't forget Karma either although really the longer writers forget the exists the happier her life is.

Dani got depowered by M Day

Yeah but, she still has the valkyrie powers. If anything the death related abilities she has might actually make her handle phoenix overload better.

Soon bros

why are waitress uniforms so damn sexy?

>what we want

what actually ends up happening will be Taylor randomly shipping namor and jean

It will be Wolverine and Jean and we all know it.

Valkyrie powers means she can sense when someone is about to die but that's mystical in nature. I don't think magic interfaces with Cerebra.

Even when she had her mutant powers she could only draw desires and fears out of people's heads. She wasn't the kind of psychic who could scan the world with Cerebra

Karma shouldn't be either, but writers don't know how to use her

Cyclops needed somewhere to have sex
they answered this once in back of the letters page in some comic, Marvel's official cop out answer is that Wolverine's eyes change color based on how the light hits.
there's not enough fanart of Dani.

My apologies for not specifying that Karma is not a generic Jean Grey type too. I feel like I've seen her interface with it once after some minor tweaking. Really just everything about this plot is damn retarded since like people have already pointed out in these storytimes, Cerebro is able to work with non psychics.

>this is your brain on x-women
based Scott