Are stylized LoD models for 2D animation the worst single technical idea Steven Universe has come up with...

Are stylized LoD models for 2D animation the worst single technical idea Steven Universe has come up with? I just hope they don't become a thing

You're an idiot if you think SU "invented" this. Hell, if we're just talking about American cartoons, My Life as a Teenage Robot did the same shit over a decade ago.

bruh the new Devilman has stylized LoD models, it's not the end of the world because Steven Universe used them.

idk why but I actually kind of like it
S1 art had a nice feel to it, excluding a few specific episodes

nah, it's ok, a different model work there. Way better than just zooming out the 1:1 model like some show do, which fuck up the line weight completely.

Holy fuck, I miss S1. Even the "off-model" thing people complain about was actually utilized well in S1.

Rough Draft's season 1 episodes looked nice (meanwhile SMIP's eps have kept quality throughout the whole show)

Now we can see those distance models only in two games. S1 makes me comfy when I look at them.

Yeah, you can totally see a decline in Rough Draft's quality as the seasons go on.

I'm beginning to wonder if working on as many shows as they do (especially with Simpsons and SpongeBob) are affecting their work on SU as it is.

yep

now lets look at SMIP's eps

something I learned recently (from the credits in the art book) is that the non-Ki-Yong Bae SMIP directors on SU are assistant directors

>My Life as a Teenage Robot did the same shit over a decade ago.
they also had a better grasp of colors, had a better way of doing the monster-of-the-week shit, and actually had good action

>Steven Universe has come up with
But they didn't come up with it. They learned it from MLAATR.