Mister Miracle #6 Storytime

>Darkseid is. Everyone says that. But what does it mean?
>I bet it doesn't mean anything.

Mid-season finale of Mister Miracle.
Scott and Barda discuss condos.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7ABr5A7wZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn it, I just got it too

My consolations to Designated Dave.

Love this cover. Makes me feel some black metal vibes

youtube.com/watch?v=w7ABr5A7wZY

never get rid of random paraphernalia with nudes on them, unless to make money cause almost all those things are worth good money

Has the art gotten worse..

Action Comics: Detective Comics: The Flash: Hal Jordan/GLC: JLA: New Super-man: Red Hood: Suicide Squad: Titans: Wonder Woman:

Next month: Mister Miracle #1 Director's Cut, featuring a six page origin by Mike Norton!

Support the official release at your local comic shop.

I nearly missed ya feeding my dogs who've been begging to go out for the last half hour.
Now that I'm not financially strained from last month, expect something in the mail. Merry Christmas.

kek, I really like these pages

Well, you can get the Directors Cut.
But #7 is definitely mine.

dawwwwwww

they always do it like that. here you are fixing the roof, balancing on deaths edge while holding a hammer in one hand and a chainsaw in the other, everything is fucking slipery and wet, and then she tells you she is all pregnant and stuff. not before you go up, not after your done. No, in the middle of the whole darn thing. BB is the quintesential woman.

Fuck Orlando. Talentless hack

>Quoting Benis

Its a bit disconcerting to see the heroes kill two guards of their former home just doing their job while casually chatting to each other.

Bendis

>Bendis seal of approval
Fitting.

Pregnant female is excuse enough. And if a pregnant female tells you to do something, and worse you could be the potential father, you do it. And you can be informed about the pregnancy post factum. Generations of man lived like that through milenia, and the "but what if we were pregnant, you wouldn't want cave bears around me and the baby" was hammered in to any mans geno type.

Yes. Very lazy.

Its just very tonally weird to have what are supposed to be the protagonists have a chatty conversation while brutally killing their way through a heaven analogue.

Though with this and the whole Catwoman thing King's writing has shifted pretty quickly from covering PTSD to 'I love my Wife so much guys'.

I agree with you. Using a creature's intestines to cross the void is a bit much for me.
And I don't like how this series, which seems to be introducing many readers to the New Gods, is making people hate Orion and Lightray. :(

>If you want to escape the box, you're still in the box

This reminds me on Forager's thoughts on Orion and New Genesis:They pride themselves on being free but their lives are defined by their conflict with apokolips and they can't grow past that, specially Orion

hey man, my wife told me she is pregnant the first time, when I was standing and a wet and slippery beam, fixing a caved in roof top. I was about informed about my daughter being our second kid, when she was in the middle of gutting wild geese. So the killing while talking thing does not seem strange or out of the ordinery to me.
I know my mother told my dad she was pregnant with my youngest sister when they were in the middle of hunting, he was gutting a deer and my mom didn't want to carry the buckets with water.

And as intestines go, now am not saying am proud of it, but as kids one of the two games we had with frogs we had, was to gut it a bit and make it run around a pole or a beam with its pulling itself out while running away.

Really the fact its New Genesis is the sticking point for me. It wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue if it were Parademons or whatever, but they don't acknowledge the fact that the people they're up against (even if corrupted) are meant to be the goodest of good guys at all.

It was going down the umbilical cord. Birth, life and death are disgusting and you have to bumble your way through it best you can. Besides, they were raised around all that stuff it is normal to them.

>the gods they're up against (even if corrupted)
Whai is the fourth world lmao xD

why does anybody think this traced art is "good"? It's literally one pose for scott and one pose for Barda.

Barda's changed shape all throughout the series as this faggot searches instagram for fit models. It was clearly natasha aughey for a few issues then it went to someone with tits and no ass then it was just a man last issue.

This art is terrible. If it didn't get praise it would be negligible but literally everything about this book is held up as being an example of quality.

The writing, the pacing, the characterization and the art are all significantly worse than even King's Batman. At least Finch was delivering some of the most amazing pencils he's ever done. Wish we had a fan like him on for 100 issues rather than the fat faggot King.

Is this missing pages?

Now the art style makes sense. This is an attempt to emulate Alias.

Yes.

Oh shit. I definitely thought the ending was abrupt, but I thought it was cliffhanger or something.

well I do not see where the problem is. If lets say on the weekend, people from the time came here and said that they want to execute my brother or father, because it is for the greater good of the community or because he did something wrong, on the day they would come here or a day before we would go down and show them why this is a bad idea. But I understand that not everyone lives in rural areas, and for town people it may look strange.
But imagine something like this, winter is harsh, you have an elk frozen. You have it your family lives, your best friends family had an accident/bad hunting sesons, he comes at night to steal from you, he is your best buddy, best friend,etc. Still it is your family vs his, so you stop him any way you can, and because this is a life vs death situation, you know that just beating him up won't stop him , you have to kill him. And you have to hope that with one member less his family will survive till spring.
I see the BB&MM situation vs the new gods the same. Plus on top of it, it is not like either of them has a good history with their "family". And Orion had no problems with killing other gods or destroying the bug people. Harsher more brutal people in war time.

this is the most pretentious shit ever.

"If there's no there for them to be then they're not real" No, Barda, you're just suffering from retardation because of the writer. If there is no there for them to be then they go somewhere else. If there is no garbage dump the trash doesn't just disappear.

This isn't even surface level philosophy anymore, King's just saying cryptic shit that doesn't even hold water.

I hope you are Tom King.

People who complain about things being pretentious are usually the most pretentious people around.

This might be the most inane and pretentious thing King has ever written.

They're usually brainlets actually. Not in this case though, King is actually pretentious, his writing has no depth but he's being cryptic to hide it and brainlets say he's deep.

Very lazy? Some of this panelling and action is straight up dope. You're a huge pleb if you think this is lazy

>Not in this case though.
I gotta disagree.

People who defend writing like "They're only real because they're there" with a straight face are by definition pretentious.

Elaborate then.

What changed? Because that buzzword is the battle cry of the King apologists.

She's right tho. If you want to get rid of your junkmail then get rid of that junkmail spot.

>elaborate
I don't think it's pretentious, it's just fun dialogue.

I don't believe the comic itself is that bad (New Gods should come with a little pretentious dialogue imo), but all the people talking about how it's the best comic this year or it's so so deep or King is some genius writer or....and this is the worst thing, that it's "the next Watchmen"? THAT'S kind of annoying.

The layouts are basic 3x3. Very basic. The action is mediocre, the issue is done in a video game style where Player 1 and Player 2 go through the nooks, best the dub boss and then reach the boss level. You even have special announcr sfx.
A lot of the panels are copy paste with small little changes and considering Gerards was caught red handed tracing in the past...

>le fun
I guess you were baiting all along...

>People who complain about things being pretentious are usually the most pretentious people around.
any proof of this?

Also, assuming King isn't here, what does it matter if I am the most pretentious person here?

If you get rid of the dump you don't get rid of trash. Those magazines she mentions would end up in the trash (or recycled, though I'm pretty sure paper with ink isn't recyclable).

They don't stop existing. It's s dumb point meant only to drive home the point that if they destroy the Fourth World then there is no place for any of them to exist and they can be "free".

>some of the panelling
lol. yeah, I CERTAINLY believe this isn't your first year reading comics.

what's fun about it? And why are "fun" and "pretentious" mutually exclusive in your definitions?

>any proof of this?
Asking that question is proof.

how so?

First time reading this, but if i didnt know any better I would say she's going through a nesting phase.

Getting ready for a baby.

>what's fun about it?
Talking about home renovation while breaking into a palace is fun. It's the contradiction in talking about the mundane daily life of a married couple coupled with adventure.

What about all the fun lil back and forth convos?

>What? Do you know anything about theology?
>Dude, I'm a god. I *am* theology.

Fair enough if one line didn't sit with you, but this whole comic is pretty unpretentious. It's got a super casual feel to it; a lot of people on Sup Forums don't like it because it's too flippant and irreverent with the Fourth world mythos

Hehe

Explain how the quote "But what do you love when you're dead?" is anything other than puerile adolescent tripe.

Then you aren't discussing the same thing as I was.

The line "If there's no there for them to be then they're not real" is pretentious.

I'll post the definition because it seems many people think calling other pretentious is some catchall for the complaint.

>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Me calling King's shit out as pretentious doesn't make me pretentious. The shills and interns have been shitting these story times up for months now complaining about complaints.

lol called it. nesting.

man I wish. Not that I dislike my life right now, or see the benefits or living in a city or town.

>You can overreact to your childhood

Just because this comic is a tonal mess and is repeatedly hammering the cutesy suburban minutiae/divine alien juxtaposition home like it's the most original idea ever conceived does not negate the fact that it started with a splash page of the main character slitting his wrists.

>It's s dumb point
It's a joke. Your pretentious ass is the one whose trying to project a deeper meaning.

I just don't think you know what pretentious is.

I don't care what you believe if you don't think the pages crawling through the vents and then falling into a fishtank isn't a bit interesting. Which current cape comics on the shelf play with space and layout like this? I'm not saying it's the best or most original thing in the history of comics ya dummie, but cape comics in general tend to get bogged down in pretty boring panelling and layout

>man I wish
Definitely Tom King

Want physical comic, don't feel like driving to store, what do?

True. Those dudes are gods, it is one thing to talk about the nature of God or gods with humans, but a totally different thing when you talk to the man himself. It is a funny joke.

I think you're the one who doesn't understand what is pretentious or not.

What a pretentious post.

>what's fun about it?
that every single one of these threads have even more shit posting than America ones. At least you are shitposting about a good comic and keeping it bumped

Order it online and have it delivered tp your house.

user, I get sick of being called a brainlet by people that call things "jokes" and "fun" and omply that I'm pretentious for nitpicking the "best comic in years". You've either never had a real conversation or are simply, legitimately retarded if you think that was a simple "joke". Nobody talks like that.

That isn't a joke. She doesn't believe the magazines evaporate she's making a real point, but she does so in cryptic speech. It's pretentious as fuck because it's trying to give a deeper meaning to them talking about menial things. While doing the typical "the guy doesn't realize why he would need a second bedroom" schtick. It's something twelve year old girls would appreciate.

That you fail to see the heavy-handedness means you aren't really reading the fucking words so much as just saying "hey two superheroes talking about 'stuff' while doing crazy super shit.

>good comic
Riiiiight. It's hilarious to me that the supposed fans of the comic can never say what makes it good, they just say "it's good" or "it's fun" or "the art is amazing".

>The line "If there's no there for them to be then they're not real" is pretentious
It's referring to a junkmail corner you dumb bitch. Big barda is being jokey, the dialogue is all about contrast with the action.