ITT:Fathers that aren't dumb/retarded/stupid/lazy

ITT:Fathers that aren't dumb/retarded/stupid/lazy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HcC32cx4mGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic unrelated? He let DW throw a massive tantrum without punishing her.

idc what other people think of him.

Negative reinforcement. It's the best thing you can do.

He's a badass motha fucka.

Maybe?

Arthur's dad is just eccentric

There was a day in age where most dads were like this

idk if main character dads would be fair game. It's more about combating the trendy "mc's objectively retarded dad that lazily drives the plot with his random antics" trope

I hate that fag. Only his daughter is worse character.

You dont honestly believe that do you? How do you think your parents would have realistically reacted to you slamming doors and being shitty to house guests?

Doof.

>Son gets beat up by Billy for no reason.
>tells him he deserved it
>does not look further into altercation to prevent it

I'm not gay, but his VA is my husbando

youtube.com/watch?v=HcC32cx4mGA

He saves humanity on a regular basis while simultaneously supporting his kids. If Membrane isn't the best Sup Forums dad, he's definitely in the top five.

That's done because IRL since women get custody of kids the majority of the time, it's a safer bet to simply portray fathers as stupid manchildren in media. It's bound to be more "appealing" the ever growing number of Single Mothers in the country and doing that means, easy $$$ to make in merchandise. A Single Mother won't spend a cent on media that portrays women as idiots. Women may be IRL dumb, but they've always had more of a self-preservation instinct than men. A woman actually cares about not being insulted. You call a man a retarded motherfucker for wanting to get married and the dumb fuck is likely to STILL get married and then whine when he's screwed during divorce court wondering "How could this happen! I was warned but I decided to ignore reality and the facts! I'm totally caught offguard!"

So in conclusion, men are honestly to blame for why males are too often portrayed as fucking morons. Men don't exactly make a case for themselves, they don't boycott even when their precious sports are highjacked to start funding and getting money for WOMEN only cancer donations. So again, men are to blame given how permissive and lacking in self-respect they seem to be.

The fuck are you talking about that retard let DW do whatever the fuck she wanted and often punished Arthur for absolutely no reason.

I think David and Lynn, Sr. would be great friends

What a great man, seriously.

He's eccentric but he's well meaning and overall a good dad

Father Bear is best papa.

>stable job as a fisherman
>collector of antiques
>loving father and faithful husband
>brings home seashells, fuck yeah!

Mr. Turtle is a pretty swell Dad too.

>the fat cuck who let alien lesbians steal his only child and indoctrinate him
>a good father
see

The only one I can really get behind

He's lazy as fuck.

I would count him as kind of dumb.

How do you say, call the cops because I give no fucks in french?

I wonder which approach he would pick to give his kids "the talk".
My bet is that we'd unlock the paternal filter on their internet connection and let them figure it out on their own.

Steven would probably be dead by now if he didn't receive Crystal Gem training
Crystal Gems are basically family too
And if anything, Steven's indoctrinating them
>cuck
Another person who doesn't know what that word means

He built Steven's house and all the money he makes goes to him, he'll gladly live a simple life if it means his son is happy

Mine

If he was a good father he would have taught his daughter not to touch things she is warned not to.

>doesn't send his son to school
The worst kind of child abuse. Even moreso than sexual abuse.

Everything he has done is wrong.

>moreso than sexual abuse
literal retard

Steven's a weird gem hybrid, he could be dangerous to other kids for all they know. Steven isn't like most kids, his gem education is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than learning trivial shit like math which he'll probably never need to use ever anyways.

Great argument

>He built Steven's house
And instead of living in said house with his son, he sleeps in his van and leaves his son unattended for days on end without any supervision
Father of the year right there

is that what your dad told you?

>I'm gonna fuck your ass up, but at least you get the learn your ABCs

This is peak dad. Grove a shit.

>not bo baxter

>I just wanted to live with my son again...
Living at the Gem Temple would be needlessly dangerous, and could start potential drama with Pearl
Steven sees Greg like every day
And his advice is always top-tier

That's hot.

Oh fucking seriously, this guy is a great dad.

Can't bring himself to arrest a man who literally stole food for his family, lets the guy go and then starts his own bakery and ends up the local mayor. And gives no-fucks when some time controlling asshole tries to steal his son, time magic be damned. Total pure-hearted bad-ass.

Robert is best cartoon dad.

What about Papa Q Bear
Who's the better bear father?

A bit out of co but there is an overlap. Sam vimes is a good dad indeed.

yup

Too lazy to raise his child

BIG GREEN

>Obtains millions of dollars
>Still works his 9-5 job
>Lazy.

Oh so are rich now?

THIS CAN'T WAIT A MONTH

Best dad, other than this one.

Aw shit, you just raised the bar.

I liked that, before the reveal, his dad was good natured, but not stupid.

Not doubting his status as a good father, but what age is he going to start making Little Bear wear clothes regularly? I guess letting him run around naked is acceptable for a kid, but if he's around the same age as Emily, things are going to get weird fast.

What?

thanks, doc!

Darkwing isn't dumb, though. He's actually extremely intelligent, but he's so egotistical that he refuses to give in to logic.

Look at the episode where he becomes Darkwarrior Duck. All it took was Gos disappearing to give him enough focus to become pretty much unstoppable.

Where's my cow?

>Vimes raises one child.
>This guy keeps an entire city full of violent man- and womanchildren, with an average IQ slightly above that of a toddler, alive and well. Sortof.

Check and mate.

Adoptive fathers are top-tier.

It's a real shame that Piccolo never got full "custody" of Gohan. Ultimately Chichi got her hooks into the boy and he peaked when he was 12 years old. Teen and adult Gohan are fucking lame. He may not be a crybaby, but he's still weak in terms of backbone. What a shame. Gohan needed to stay toughened up until adulthood so that he could stay that way for the rest of his life, but a certain excrement eater known as Toriyama had other plans. Fuck that man, hope he develops a hideous type of cancer that has no chance of survival. Throat cancer is soft, we need something much more hideous that his money cannot save him from. Maybe brain cancer.

>Teen Gohan is lame

You fucking whut mate?

>a certain excrement eater known as Toriyama had other plans. Fuck that man, hope he develops a hideous type of cancer that has no chance of survival. Throat cancer is soft, we need something much more hideous that his money cannot save him from. Maybe brain cancer.

Jesus dude. Would your dad be proud of you, if he saw you spew that nasty bile?

He's not a good dad. Fathers are role models. This is a man who said and I quote:

"What did your mother see in me?"

A man like this has a "I suck" type of self-image and that makes him an abysmal role model for any son. He's not a loser, but he thinks of himself as a self-depreciating loser and that's just as bad as actually being a loser. There is no sense of self-respect for him and that makes him awful. It's not abusive directly, but still an indirect form of abuse towards himself and indirectly his own kid. Especially given how central the whole theme of Steven's mother is to the series. For such a central element and for him to have that opinion? Disastrous results.

I drop that show long time ago, but i never like that hippie.

What's it like to have a dad? As a nigger I wouldn't know.

what are you talking about user darkseid lazy as fuck he doesn't do anything he just IS

This comic has so many good dads.

Goddamnit.

Haven't read all of the series, but didn't he actually have a kid and had his friend be a literal cuck to raise his kid? He's an asshole and a bastard. As a father? An absentee deadbeat.

You're right, you clearly haven't read the series.

>Appelle les flics, je m'en fous.

I think.

I'm not bothered, because Stan would never let that happen.

Also, recent cartoon Usagi was bretty based.

>loves his boys and his wife
>is a total badass, hunted monsters as a detective and battled demons as an adventurer
>made a sword out of his nemesis' blood
>wanted his boys to be tough and strong, to the point that he built an entire dungeon to toughen up Finn
>his children idolize him long after he's passed away

Joshua is a fantastic father figure, especially in a show where most fathers seem to be assholes. I wish the show focused on him more

My dad would had whooped my ass.

If you mean Doof Guy who basically fights a platypus every day, agreed. While he is a evil guy on some occasions man that guy cares a lot about his daughter.

I wonder if Piccolo would ever spit out an egg and produce his very own son?

Who knows. Seems painful though.

>Steven would probably be dead by now if he didn't receive Crystal Gem training
Steven didn't start getting training until he started asking for it. The Crystal Gems specifically were never under attack by corrupted gems, the Temple was always under attack because the corrupted gems remember a warp pad being there. They convinced Greg to help build Steven a home in front of a target.
Greg was a great dad, but the gems, who've never raised a child before, didn't trust him with Steven. As soon as he could walk and talk they took him off Greg's hands and sheltered him figuratively and literally for half his life until the show started.

Only slightly less terrifying looking than Matt Damon.

>buster looks like a bunny head with a human body
>his dad just looks like a pale guy crew cut rabbit ears

why?

'Twas only a matter of time.

with a crew cut and rabbit ears*

my god, that is shameful.

>his gem education is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT
And then what about when the war ends?
Fucker is unemployable.

BEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEEBBEBEBE

Tank doc

>hurr steven needed training
How come he's better at combat than all of them put together then? He always was too, even in the first episode he killed the centipede with a fucking dinner tray and minifridge while the rest sperged out.
>u don't know what cuck means
A father having literally no part in his son's life/safety is pretty top cuck gemfagnon.

Nice to see /sug/ has escaped /trash/ AGAIN