Worst Panels 2017

Post the worst of last year - even the low hanging fruits

Jesus this is awful. Is this literally just a page of the writer trying to prove their pet project has value?

pick a panel from that run. any panel.

It gets worse when you realize that the bottom left is the author.

fart jokes lmao

Also, for those who don't know, the bottom left panel is literally the (female) writer of the comic.

Wait a minute did Rivera put herself in the bottom left?

>female

>pic not related
that thing is not female man, someone lied to you

I was going to bet my inmortal soul about that person being the author or some shit.

I specified only because I thought it was a man in both the panel and the picture,

are the top middle supposed to be anyone particular also?

Terrible, but slightly less worse than OP because the author doesn’t self insert to mock Doom or applaud or something.

Hastings is at least a legit comic writer

in blackest day
in darkest night
i'll tell you what
that boy ain't right

>fart jokes lmao

To be fair, Shakespeare wasn't above a fart joke now and then.

What do I win?

The bottom panel. Just everything about it. But at least this book has less spelling errors than America.

>mestizo woman draws herself as white
This surprises nobody.

he is not, he is a webcomic writer at best and his humor is just bad

>but slightly less worse than OP because the author doesn’t self insert to mock Doom or applaud or something.

Gwenpool's personality is based on the editor fo the book

Gwenpool can give this book a run for their money when it comes to really shitty artwork

at least the Squirrel Girl chick working on it knows how to draw human arms unlike

"America is our future", says the author of the comic cancelled in 12 issues.

Koi Boi sounds like an Xhamster screen name.

Page of the year is the letter page

I wish I saved the page previous though. This shit was absolutely fuckin' golden.

>be doctor at fertility clinic
>have to deal with trannies wanting to pump themselves full of jizz in the hopes of magicing a baby into their non-existent wombs

Oh lord, thank you. Another fine addition to my collection.

Doctor: "You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate? You going to put it in a box?"

Jesus this is horrible.

>Better then MCR
Ironic since Gerard Way’s Doom Patrol is one of the best books of the year and this is the worst.

That nerd girl with the glasses in the top right corner has such a manly jaw

sure, if you ignore all the comics he has written.

How does it feel to be misgendered.

its like a punch in the gut
or a kick in the balls you may or may not still have

It's embarrassing and shameful but it's not that big of a fucking deal.

I have long hair(male) and work with the elderly. People call me girl, hija, that woman, etc. all fucking day and it doesn't really bother me.

On the other hand trans people are literally mentally ill, so...

"DEADPOOL KILLS THE SJW-UNIVERSE" when?

The funny thing is that fertility clinics deal with transfags all the fucking time, because they want to freeze sperm or eggs to have babies, test tube babies, ect. It's practically like claiming the LGBT clinic misgendered you.

It's mildy amusing.

I get closer and closer to taking the redpill every time I see shit as stupid as this

If a person somehow manages to mistake me for a girl I'd be more confused than offended.

Wow what a massive cunt. She was just trying to help.

This is why nobody reads Batgirl

Gabby could have a whole book of nothing but depictions of herself saying how awesome America is and it still wouldn't come close to how awful that single panel manages so succinctly.

You clearly win but its too easy. We have have a second-worst panel contest to give folks a fighting chance

>"My best one"
Is this actually a real expression used by english-speaking human beings in real life?

I get misgendered every time I talk on the phone. It's really annoying, but I'm not going to freak out over it. I just move on because I'm not a huge baby.

Wait, which of those is the "worst panel"? I'm assuming you mean the top middle, but the bottom left is pretty bad due to the blatant self-insert. Of all those the one I personally hate the most is the one on the middle right, though I'm not sure why.

>try to be supportive after they basically beg for sympathy
>you're the one who has to apologise for them storming off

Fuck striped top, redhead can do so much better

Thank you! I'd been trying to find this page and having no luck.

I *adore* these two pages, they are so deliciously cringe that I'm left wondering if the author was wink-wink-nudge-nudging us. Its hard to tell anymore with Poe's Law.

A quick recap, this trans character is absolutely butthurt over being misgendered. By a fertility doctor. You know, a profession where one's *actual* sex matters so how dare he refer to someone with a womb as "she" or someone with testicles as "he".

Even if it weren't a fertility doctor, its just a pronoun. Pronouns are by-definition generic placeholders, they aren't your identity by any stretch of the imagination, getting a word wrong does not erase you from physical reality. Its such a "microaggression" we'd need to coin "atomic aggression" or "quantum aggression" to cover how beyond-micro it is.

And then the coup de grace... that she doesn't need to be stronger over holding it together over a pronoun, while she has been sitting their pouting over a word and then storms off to go have a good cry. You 100% absolutely *do* need to be stronger, you mega-weakling, its a friggin word and you let it ruin your entire day.

All of this going on in a superhero comic. And they wonder why they cant even sell a title with "Bat-" in the title.

Is there a parody edit of the comic or just this page?

>tries to be nice and offer comfort
>trans throws bitch fit because of one word
>"oh no I'm a bad person I need to apologise for being nice"
How do people love like that

But what did the doctor actually SAY? It could be anything from "Whoa, here comes the homofag couple! How's your vagi-dick, BRO?" to "I'm sorry, but you cannot have a child. You are biologically male and do not have a womb. If it were at all possible I would help, but there's nothing that can be done."

I just made this now, so no idea.

>but the bottom left is pretty bad due to the blatant self-insert
Marvel's been doing those gags since 1960-something. Granted, Gabby's no Gerber or Claremont, but there's too much precedent to shit on it based on the concept alone.

Pretty decent. I liked the "better agent" conclusion.

There's no point in making a parody of this

I'm really too old to be here, 44 and almost entirely grey-haired, I've been volunteering as Santa for 2 decades now thanks to going grey in college. Before Christmas a supermarket checkout girl asked me if I should get the senior citizens discount. I thanked her but said I had a bit to go before then.

Did it bother me? More humored than anything, I *do* look like an old man. This "mis-aging" did not harm me in the least and the checkout person was honestly trying to be helpful. I should've said yes and saved 10%!

When I grew up "sticks and stones" was a ubiquitous cultural notion, words did not mean a thing other than what we let them mean. At some point in that past 5 years or so we flipped the script and now words are *worse* than physical attacks. What the hell happened to you lightweights?

The editor dyed her hair like Gwen you idiot

There was an Iron Fist issue where Byrne and Claremont are hanging out at a Rand and X-Men party. Also of note, Claremont's then-wife or girlfriend, a bit of a wiccan and possibly a Crowley disciple, makes the scene.

I really, really wonder if the Hellfire Club's Black Queen, Selene, wasn't inspired by her. How much leather is under that black robe...

>it's so bad it doesn't need parody
Worked for AvX.

OH THE IRONING!

I'm 22 and get mistaken for the wrong gender occasionally because I look and dress pretty androgynous, and I've been doing it since I was a pre-teen so it's been going on for a while. It's never bothered me in the least even when other insults have because most of the time it's not even an insult, just a honest mistake people make because you make it hard for them to make the right assumption. Nothing to cry over, most people will be happy to correct themselves and go on with their day.

It's just that certain people who are my age and slightly younger can't accept that because they see everything as an insult that's directed directly at them. According to these people there's no such thing as a mistake because you are either with them or against them and there's always a reason behind everything people do. Ie they're paranoid fucks

Wow so interesting when people talk about how a character is, they dont jeed to actually do anything heroic or interesting, just have other people say they do

>intrigued
>and in awe
How is someone both mildly interested and overwhelmed at the same time?

>that self-insert
goddamn it gabby

I am unironically going to miss this run.

this page makes me want to commit suicide

When I was younger, like, middleschool through mid high school I had long hair for a guy, every so often someone would think I was a girl. Didnt ever bother me and we usually had a good laugh about it when it happened. Not sure why people are so fucking frail about it now.

Am I missing something here? Why is the character on the right upset?

America is as shitpost worthy as it is because of Gabby. You have someone write about Latinix that doesn't buy into it, you may get something funny, but not as good

Don't do it. Most comics these days are very preachy. By taking the red-pill, you agree to notice every single attempt by the writer and/or artist to convey some far-left message and you will be incredibly bothered by it. Just keep enjoying the books.

It happened to me when I was young and scrawny. It was always good for a laugh.

Just saw panel below, makes sense now. What book is this from?

That poor doctor

Doctors don't give a fuck about pc, ime. They're already used to dealing with fatties.

America (vol.1, 2017-2018) is a brave, political comic, tackling complex social issues.

>She's our future
>Cancelled

Who cares, I'm just looking for a laugh, we aren't talking about going full disaster artist here.

Bat girl

What do you mean? Who the fuck are you calling a light weight? Are you trying to get santa's ass kicked?

No wonder Joss is so desperate to direct Batrgirl

This has been a major problem with a lot of Marvel's attempts at appealing to "different" audiences lately. None of the characters actually do anything of note most the time, but we're supposed to go along with this notion that they're da best dat ever was.

Fuck (you)
You win barehanding.

Somebody post the "Holy Menstruation!" panel please.

Where is she, behind the fat man?

>le bacon

In a smarter comic this would be a front for being upset over a larger problem. Like for example they freak out over pronouns because the doctor told them bad news about not being able to have kids for whatever reason. Like a semi-denial coping mechanism.

I got that reference

Looks like an abusive relationship to me

>trying to put alt-text in a comicbook
Hiring webcomic artists was a mistake.

Somebody should post the America page.

Tell me more about the war, grandpa.

"Koi Boi" sounds like a Sup Forums insult

this can't really happen in real life
You possibly can't be this deluded to think this would work
I mean I know being a tranny means you're already delusional but jesus fucking christ, do they really think the doctors can magic a baby a la Arnold Schwarzenegger movie?

One of the women always was a woman. The other one used to be a man, and wants to father a child with the always woman. I think. I might be wrong, it’s pretty fucking stupid

You know I kind of miss Gail Simone's grim and gritty Batgirl now. This comic is a disgrace to lose three powerful female characters.

How does this whole gender identity politics work in a world with magic, and super science? can't you just go down to your local street corner, and say "Look I will give you twenty dollars to turn me into a woman" to one of the billions of magicians/mad doctors, and end up with your desired body? Is that sort of thing frowned upon in the magical community? Is it just not possible? I'm sure in the decades of comics there has probably been events where "oh no I have been turned into the opposite gender by the mcguffin I need to turn back before a meteor slams into earth", or something dumb