Did the fanbase ruin Adventure Time?

Did the fanbase ruin Adventure Time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adventure_Time_episodes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, just a really loud and persistent group of them.

No, the writers did.

A fanbase can't ruin a show
The only thing that can ruin a show is the show itself

This, fuck Sugar

No, it just ran out of steam without Penn Ward at the helm and rather than end the series on a high note they delved deeper in to lore and navel gazing.

>A fanbase can't ruin a show.
>Steven Universe is a thing.
I guess it'd be fair to say that it was only ruined because the writers chose to listen to the fans. So responsibility still falls on the writers for making the decision.

No, the writers trying to cater to their fan base did

Finn wasn't always that fat, was he?

If the writers were so devoid of ideas that they were reduced to taking every Tom, Dick, and Harry’s ideas, then it’s their fault for being hacks.

The show is still great. It's the threads on Sup Forums that are shit. Only Sup Forums has been ruined.

Okay? So we agree then?

Marketing ruins a show. You have good fans who want good things, the show is good. You have to pull 180 million dollars an episode in ad revenue, you have the simpsons. This isn't fine art where there are no compromises on vision, this is videogames where it's all driven by money.

/thread

When has SU ever listened to their fanbase?
SU has dropped in quality because of increasingly shittier filler and art/animation, as well as unsatisfying conclusions to plot threads

AT fandom is one of the most immature fandoms on this board, whenever I enter an AT thread it's like I'm looking at actual kids or teenagers who unironically delve into bitching and name-calling. You can say that pretty much everyone here does that, but in other cases, I can at least see the majority of people trying to make actual points, while in AT thread, it seems like half the anons are posting when driven mostly by emotion.

How could they ruin something that was never good?

>AT thread it's like I'm looking at actual kids or teenagers who unironically delve into bitching and name-calling
Almost like its a show for morons.

Writers who kinda listen to the fanbase but wrote own vision of the relationship between characters - poorly and weirdly written.

Or it's off-model.

Same thing happened with Star vs.
They noticed people liked that Blood Moon Ball episode so now they decided to base their entire show off of shipping drivel

I’m severely less knowledgeable about behind the scenes stuff in cartoons, what did sugar do?

She forced her fucking lesbianism into the show, turning it into a SJW fest and ruining it forever, nobody ever asked for this

Both the Writers & Cancer Cell Shipper fanbase fucked this series.

No because the show it's still good.

FUCK SOMVILAY XAYAPHONE

Shippers with their retarded OTP's ruined it

no, all shows have weird fans, with their own weird head canons, but the writes and shows producers have to choose not to hear them, or at least not to let them choose the sjows future,does someone have that screencap of tumblr?you know the one the one that said onece tumblr likes a show

the lesbian portion which is very loud but will only carry the writers so far in their careers before abandoning them for the new hot take which has already happened

Strangely enough, I think she made some of the last decent AT episodes.

What do you think they were?

The writers thought they were doing the right thing by giving the fans what they wanted.
Unfortunately the fans are retarded.

Depends how you feel about the lore that was going to come out anyway, but Simon & Marcy.

Adventure Time should've died years ago. Finn losing his arm signaled the end of this show.

A fanbase can ruin a show or a webcomic and a tv show or a book.

No, chickenshit writers did

Any particular proof to back that up? At least a storyboard of a very controversial episode that was clearly made by sugar?

>le inexplicable sad backstory episode

>it seems like half the anons are posting when driven mostly by emotion.
Those are called "femanons".

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adventure_Time_episodes
ctrl-f "sugar" to see what episodes she boarded

I would say that she does have a hand in many of the early romance-heavy episodes, but I don't anything that's "lesbian" or "SJW"

ruined mah day.