Scooby Doo Thread

Just watched Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold this morning. Animation was actually quite nice at some points. Also was pretty funny. Best part of the movie was Aquaman. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!ZWIASYqA!TzIExZsE_hESGaeR1gsO2w
youtube.com/watch?v=BOWnCaacOlA
youtube.com/watch?v=D5lXwOEwfZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just finished watching it. Quite good as both a Scooby Doo movie and a Brave and the Bold send off.
It was cool to see Riddler and Clayface as the villians
And Batman actually doing detective stuff.

I liked the look the gave to Bullock. Jocker and Penguin scene feelt a little out of place but it was fun and you can´t have a Scooby Doo/ Batman crossover without them. Is tradition.

Here is a megalink I found while searching the internet.
mega.nz/#F!ZWIASYqA!TzIExZsE_hESGaeR1gsO2w
Dumping some images.

Velma best girl

they couldn't make them black at least?

unrelated to the batman crossover, but I actually did a sort of hybrid review for an episode from Scooby Doo: Where Are You almost a week ago. youtube.com/watch?v=BOWnCaacOlA

I always talked with my friends about how scary this episode was for me as a kid, and wanted to do one of these "cartoon reviews" that I watch so many of on yt. hope you guys like it.

>more Brave and the Bold
WAIT

HODL THE FUCK UP WHY DID NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS

holyu shit

I've been noticing Velma's weird overreactions ever since watching the other movies, what's up with that?

Its magnified by the fact that Velma has a real hard on for batman

last image I'm dumping

>flamethrower
>Marrian failsafe
Aren't those pretty much the same thing?

>NightShag
Somehow perfect.

>putting this in a scooby doo movie
the aboslute madmen

Hey, that KISS movie was great

Everything about this image is perfect.

I said this before, but they did the Hush twist with Riddler better than Hush did.

Martian Failsafe's a box of Chocos (though they aren't portrayed as Oreos here).

While I never found that episode creepy, It never really registered in my head how those phantoms really wanted to kill them.

I guess I should check it out one of these days then. lol

yeah it's super unsettling. after I uploaded it, I was told the episode is based off a novel called "And Then There Were None" where 10 people show up on an island and start murdering each other.

How many times has Frank Welker said the line "Well gang, looks like we have another mystery on our hands" in his life?

Velma Robin a cute

malt shop

>waitress is just okay with batman showing up to sit down at the Malt shop
thanks for the webms they're great

It's nice they remembered that the Spectre killed the shit out of Professor Milo.

I appreciated getting BatB versions of him, Clayface, and the Ventriloquist. We never got them in the main show.

My penis engorges with delight.

That Ivy doe

And Shaggy finally steals the last snack from Scooby. Feels good.

Also, strange Catwoman's redesign.

>New B;BATB content

What the fuck, why didn't I hear about this till now, lads?

Diedrich Bader isn't Kevin Conroy, but it's not fair to make that comparison, really.

Bader is exceptional though, by far one of the best Batman animated series.

It includes the line, "Did you lose another Robin?" so it's pretty good.

The 70s were a strange time.

Will he ever actually show up in a scooby doo thing again without irony

For real that was pretty damn fucked up.

When is Aquaman NOT the best part of Brave and the Bold?

Regardless of incarnation, The Spectre doesn't fuck around

Aquaman is Fucking brutal

where was Elongated-man?

>watching the beginning fight with Riddler, Croc, and Catwoman
>seeing Riddler with his coat and tie suit from the show's past, rather than the tight-skin suit he wears in the show's present
>chalk it up as just an oversight or the producers not really giving a shit
>reveal that Riddler from the beginning was actually Clayface, while the real one wears the tight-fitting costume

That was actually pretty clever.

There were probably too many deadpan detectives in the group, so they added Plastic Man for more humor.

Then again, the show never gave Ralph much love. He only showed up in that teaser with Plastic Man, and they changed his personality to contrast with Plas.

>And Shaggy finally steals the last snack from Scooby. Feels good.
That shit was great. Scooby is always taking his shit so its refreshing when Shaggy steals his snacks every once in a while
wow I didn't pick up on that

>A HYUK HYUK HYUK

Oh, is it not only Batman and the gang but a lot of other characters? I´m so in in this.

It's moreso BatB characters (and mostly Batman characters) than Scooby ones, but yes.

I love Best Aquaman so much, why can't he always be like that?

This picture infuriates me somehow. Abject despair is not a look that suits her.

bump.

I hope this means we'll get more Brave and The Bold.

I really need to see that Crisis on Infinite Earths musical come to fruition.

Don't you FUCKING Lie to me

Never ever.

This was so fucking beautiful. It was worth it, just seeing good ole Brave and The Bold again and I felt like the Mystery Inc. gang actually were useful. The Clayface reveal was predictable as fuck, but kudos for the Riddler ruse as the end.

Out of sheer curiosity, where's the source for them wanting to do a Crisis musical? I can't find it anywhere and by God do I need to read up on it.

No, I'm not pulling your chain. They originally wanted to do a musical version of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I don't know if it was going to be a TV movie or a two-parter special but it was going to happen before the show was canned.

But I want it to happen, I really do. It has too much potential to not happen.

JUST GIVE US A NEW BATB SEASON REEEEEEEEEEEE

I think the Boo Brothers or Ghoul School legit have a better shot of that than Scrappy does.

>No Team 13 episode
>No Dial H for Hero episode
>No Creature Commandos episode
>No Legion of Superheroes episode
>No Teen Titans episode
>No Space Cabbie episode
>No Misfits episode
>No Unknown Soldier episode
>No Coyote Gospel episode
>No Lobo episode
>No Crisis on Infinite Earths Musical
>No Red Hood centered episode
>No “Revenge of The Music Meister” episode
>No episode where Green Arrow gets his beard

>I hope this means we'll get more Brave and The Bold.

PLEASE BE TRUE

Brave and the Bold has top tier waifus

Velma seems a lot more spergy in this movie. Like actual "quirky awkward smart girl" rather than "sassy intelligent brains of the group".

Nice of them to carry over some of Freddy's trap autism into the show though.

Still mad that the Question the entire time was the Riddler. But at least he was voiced by Jeffrey Combs

>Nice of them to carry over some of Freddy's trap autism into the show though.

still don't like his trap autist shenanigans

we got clayface. Matt Hagen version. Who was iconic enough for the Basil Karlo version to steal off.
I fucking hate Karlo Clayface. He was never a fucking clay monster until BTAS.

Besides his attraction to Daphne (which doesn't carry over into all incarnations) and initiator of mysteries, he doesn't have much personality, so it's fine.

Martian Soyhunter

Batman's reaction to Shaggy and Scooby tricking Bane and Grundy was priceless

Reminder that we will never get a DC cartoon as kino as BATB ever again.

I fucking wish, buy literally everyone hates him so probably not

You don´t fuck with Spectre, How did he killed him?

Anybody really liked the opening where they start with the original scooby doo intro music and then becomes the brave and the bold song?

Batman isn´t a jerk to his friends in this show, The failsafe is a box of "non-branded chocolate cookies"

Kate Miccuci voices her now.

>WB animation is fucking amazing when they try
>too bad they’re usually lazy these days when it comes to tv animation

It doesn't really need one. It got 65 episodes and it was starting to get kinda bad towards the end. I'm okay with little one-offs like this movie.

I'd rather see more seasons of Legion of Superheroes, Green Lantern, or Beware the Batman. Those shows legitimately got cut short. I'd even take more Justice League Action.

>You don´t fuck with Spectre, How did he killed him?
turned him into cheese and released the lab mice Milo had.
youtube.com/watch?v=D5lXwOEwfZA

I was disappointed in Karlo for a different reason: The episode where Joker is the protagonist had portraits of the main villains in a bar, and one of them was Preston Payne Clayface. I thought that would mean they would use him in the show if they got to Clayface, but we got Karlo yet again.

Justice League Action was damn close, but they canned that in the first season, as most DC cartoons these days.

The hell was wrong with J'onn, bullying Shaggy and stealing his chocos and catchphrase?

J'onn jobs on daily basis. He has to take it out on someone weaker than him.

That, and his chocos addiction.

That was Blockbuster, not Grundy

I didn't find it to be that enjoyable. The writing and wit wasn't anywhere close to Brave and the Bold, as far as Batman stories it was kinda lame and as far as a Scooby Doo story goes it was pretty plain.

Also Velma's new VA is godawful

Im actually amazed J'onn managed not to job in this one.

And just like in the show, Question yet again robbing Batman of throwing the last punch.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

There is a reason why Mystery Inc. had the gang refusing to talk about Scrappy.

The guy appeared in the begining and was robbed of his until the movie's end. By fucking Riddler, nothing less. I'd say he deserved deliever that punch, at last.

I watched it yesterday. Was absolutely everything I hoped it could be. Humor landed in the right places, it felt true to character, and it's nice to have some of that canceled TV show back.

And I would agree with you, the animation was surprisingly superb at some points, the part with the attacking shapeshifting dirt especially, and I loved how it's a love letter to the silver Age comics.

I saw there was a thread in the catalog archive yesterday, but couldn't respond to that. Glad to see a minor discussion now. I was way more hyped and entertained about this than the Justice League Movie.

Plastic Man getting a feel of Daphne's rear as a seat reminded me of the time he made himself a dress that some woman wore.

Clearly and obviously, there is subtext here.

Giving himself a mustache when he already has one was a devious move.

I know, right? I'm still a little incredulous.

If you give a Martian a cookie ...

I was impressed that Fred was able to land the hit, but can Shaggy defeat El Grande Padre?

Imagine if they did this with the most recent animated Batman show: Beware the Batman.

It would clash greatly. Beware was a show that played it very straight, similar to B:TAS, and had little humor outside the occasional one-liner. The only way it would work is if you take Batman from that show into the wackier world of Scooby Doo, and build the humor on him trying to study, analyze, and understand it. Also, I just realized the writers for Mystery Inc actually ended up doing Beware afterwards, so there's some experience there.

The best possible scenario is still a crossover Batman animated movie that featured all the animated Batmen (B:TAS, The Batman, Brave and the Bold, Beware). They have the VAs available, and they each have distinct enough personalities and characteristics to have them stand out from each other and interact.