WTF Crewniverse??? How do they manage to mess that up that badly?

WTF Crewniverse??? How do they manage to mess that up that badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

ctoon.party/sun/131
youtu.be/G93bj1HARA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What?

False flagging

eh, it's a bit that wasn't colored in all the way

far from the worst cartoon errors I've seen

>watching tumblrshit: the cartoon
that's what you get

is that really the worst thing you could find

I don't fucking believe you

BIG KOFI

took me a bit but the right edge of the doorframe isn't colored in. you can see the room through it.

There is no fucking way this is real

Post the episode with timestamp please, I refuse to believe this is real.

that's a deliberate design choice of the backgrounds to have the colors be off: it's noticeable here because said design choice has been a lot less prominent lately (compare to the season 1 backgrounds)

You do realize only the storyboard is done by the crew right? It's then shipped out and animated in skorea. If I'm not mistaken.

Thats why, also that they can't afford retakes since season 2.

add a couple of artifacts and it looks a Windows 95 point and click adventure game

ctoon.party/sun/131
4:50

the backgrounds are also done by (a different part of) the crew and it's not an error

imagine if people didn't have a hateboner nowadays and this still happened: it would probably end up becoming a fandom in-joke

>"Board driven animation is WAY better than script driven animation because the focus is on the visuals and leads to better overall animation!"

Modern CN is proof why board driven animation needs to be eternally retired.

D-damn...

RS was fine

Hope is lost.

Id like a mix of both personally, just for variety sake.

>hateboner!!
stupid fucking fangirls

Her cel isn't properly aligned and the edge is showing.

Not him but.
>Su hate threads almost every single day for the past year and a half

background thing isn't an error but a deliberate design choice while the big kofi is clearly an animator fuck up. Neither of these are boarder things

I maintain that the overarching plot in latter seasons and the space domes was not.

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

>changing the way the show is written will somehow prevent the korean animator from making a mistake

explain

Are you guys fucking retarded? That's a common thing for backgrounds. It's not a mistake, it's a style. It's been fucking ridiculously common for decades, holy shit you'd think that people here would least pay attention to the cartoons they watch.

Board driven cartoons are fine if you're just doing one-off gag stuff like Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry or Ren & Stimpy.

But if you're trying to a Deepest Lore show with an ongoing narrative, character development, and story arcs? Fuck no. It's one of the main reasons why Regular Show, Steven Universe and Adventure Time have been such haphazard messes. Anything more complex than Looney Tunes needs to be script driven.

Steven Universe wants to be "just like my Japanese animes" but it never will be so long as it tries to have script driven complexity but with a board driven cartoon.

It's so ironic that the ultimate disproof of John K's theories is a show that followed them and ended up visually worse than the shows from production pipelines he disagreed with.

It is just your average, hiper-masculine 7 foot tall and a half black """""""""""""""girl""""""""""""

It looks like there was some kind of miscommunication with Korea and they accidentally made that girl a midget, so they had to quickly do a digital edit to fix her.

There should be an episode were steven meets his alternate universe mini counterpart

Board Driven shows have been the norm at CN since Dexter's Lab: a majority of the exceptions have been 22-minute shows (and even then Samurai Jack is board driven) and shows not made at CN studios (and even then Ed Edd n Eddy is board driven)

a lot of the problems you're describing would theoretically also be a potential problem with script driven shows that have multiple writers (which is usually the case). Plus board driven shows (even the more gag-oriented ones) have people who specialize in writing write outlines (most of the writing that the boarders handle is the dialogue, gags, and the nuances to the episode's internal pacing, not the overall events planned in the episode nor the overarching longterm pacing)

>on the upper hand one of the lines for the fingers overlaps the color
>That laziness of not even filling in that space between the lines on the wall.
>You can see the cut off point for Amethyst's animation on the lower left corner of her

What the fuck famalam.

God fucking damn. That's the worst offense I've seen this decade. There's more QUALITY in Steven now than any other modern cartoon and that's a problem.

Adventure Time and Regular Show actually weren't that bad at it, they just needed better pacing. Steven is fucking terrible at it though.

It's the style of the bgs since the beginning to have a gap between line and color, though.

That has nothing to do with script/storyboard

Someone shifted the layer on accident. Happens all the time in PS and AE. They rendered it and probably didn't catch it. If they did, they didn't bother to fix it probably because a deadline was approaching.

Shitty bait.

Characters are drawn on, inked, and colored on a separate layer than the background. If it doesn't need to be animated, it doesn't need to be drawn.

That's a huge bitch!

>Those blurry ass lines
>They actually just went in pot production and fucking used the stretch tool to make him bigger for absolutely no reason
It's like they're actually trying to be shit

If I don't buy his pizza will he die?

i don't get it

Intentional flaws to make it look more whimsical and soulful.

ya got brain damage

so if I just tracked down a couple of Sup Forums users and paid them a pizza per 3 hours of work could we do better then this? a show made by professionals who went to collage for this and are backed by shareholders.

You know; this just nailed nearly everything about existing in 2017 and 2018 (and we are ONLY TEN DAYS IN!).
Everyone, for reasons, consider anything an indictment; gets a raging hate boner; then seeks to gouge out the eyes of everyone in their way...
an Age of Autism, the Era of Misery

Hell, the other week Sup Forums posted their board-collaboration animation
youtu.be/G93bj1HARA4

It would be extremely painful

I'm sorry, I can't see the error. Can you maybe add a few more arrows to direct my gaze to it more evidently? Maybe zoom in a bit and highlight the error?

>cel
>modern animation

He's a big guy

As animation errors go that's pretty minor. The sort of thing you only notice because in steven universe you are on the lookout for animation errors.

If it's not an error it's something they shouldn't do.

I, too, question how this show is still around. The mistake was green-lighting the pilot.

More like if the animation was better the occasional error would become a joke.

No cus than we wouldn't have gotten S1, and that shit was kino

So maybe the background being visible is intentional. I guess I can buy that.
You can't tell me her not being visable above that background is.

Feelings are more important than effort and consistent on-model animation these days, don't you know?

>So maybe the background being visible is intentional. I guess I can buy that.

look back at all the previous episodes, its obviously a design choice

>You can't tell me her not being visable above that background is.
this however, is unforgivable and they probably should have just filled in that gap because of the character placement.

for sugar

>LOL NICE BAIT I DONT HAVE AN ARGUMENT SO IM GOING TO SAY IT'S BAIT

epic

I remember the animation error in MLP where the tweening fucked up on a background character so the fandom just declared him cyclops horse
If anything we would have just gotten jokes like

>"you don't understand! budgets! you didn't go to an expensive art school, so you don't know how HARD it is!"

It was good but it really wasn't kino.

This.

it's like they drew him in the last second

god damn why is Steven such a fucking midget

Shit show desu

Not even an error, it's intentional. That's a stated part of the show's style. I've always hated it.

somebody should draw this scene from another perspective, from the ground, where this char is hovering above.

no.

I'm not defending SU, but I doubt Sup Forums could work together to make a less shitty cartoon than this.

hopefully I can be proven wrong some day.

But anooooooon, that's fun. And as we all know...

It's an old man
That's why he's wearing dumb-looking old people shorts