X:Men Evolution

Did you like it? Are you annoyed that the planned Season 5 with the Phoenix Saga was cancelled?

>Did you like it?
It was probably the most solid X-men cartoon.
>Are you annoyed that the planned Season 5 with the Phoenix Saga was cancelled?
Not really. The Apocalypse story was a good was to end things

I liked it
I'm mad that we didn't get more Scott/Rogue.
I'm even more mad that we didn't get to see Miss Frost comfort Scott over Jeans death

That first season had a good amount of cringe but if you stick it out until the second season, the shit factor exponentially decreases over time.

I did like it. Both growing up and when I rewatched it again this past summer.

It was my first, and probably last exposure to the xmen franchise, as I just haven’t been able to really get into and enjoy any of the other series offerings I’ve watched.

Yeah, I have to admit Evo had one of the most solid endings for a cartoon series that I’ve ever seen. You really feel like it’s over, and that’s the end of it, even if they did want to continue.

the "high school" parts were the only down-side of the early seasons, but the final episode was a good ending.

all around good, and I liked how they introduced characters so it wasn't just the O5 or All-New All-Different team

It was my first exposure to X:Men and it will always be my favorite cartoon version

I didn’t mind the high school parts. They were teenagers. It makes sense that they should attend school

So Nightcrawler can make himself look human in this series? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point?

yes.

Well it was more Xavier was able to create a watch for Kurt that was able to make him look human.

Holographic projectors have been a thing he's used in the comics

And his appearance was a regular plot point

>ywn watch nightcrawler use the image inducer to turn into a female nightcrawler before boning his tight trap butthole
Why live

>thst episode where Toad stole the image inducer so he could “be somebody else” for Wanda

I always felt so bad for the guy. He legitimately could have done well at the XMansion, and have had a normal life.

But nope. Gotta have a foil for the fuzzy elf. Gotta scare the crap out of him and force him into a fucking slum house with the other undesirables

If only they didn't draw rogue with the man-chin, then I would be all over her and probably dead from overexposure

It was my original exposure to X-Men.

Great voice work from the Ocean talent pool too.

Don't do this to me, man.

Was that actually planned?

I wish this shit was in HD

I believe all those visions of the future in the last episode where planned ideas for future seasons.

They should have attended school. Their school. The one they lived at.

They could have been those "weird private school kids" and still interacted and had conflicts with the townies but having them attend Bayville has to be the idea I dislike the most from this show. Other than that I love it.

Was the Evolution version of the Brotherhood the best rival teen group in X-Men? The OG Hellions kind of suck

HHNNNGGGG

It gave them a reason to interact with the Brotherhood boys on a regular basis. And it showed the audience why those boys chose to Brotherhood over Xavier's, while keeping them relatable and sympathetic.

It helped facilitate the short "Rogue in the Brotherhood" arc and her redemption because she was around them at school and learned to trust the X-men

Yeah it stinks of one of those High School AU fanfics but it was pretty well done all things considered.

Yeah it was weird to just have Storm, Wolverine, and later Beast just hanging around the mansion all to just teach them about powers?

Who would've been some other good X-Men to keep as adults to staff the institute? Banshee?

But that sort of defeats the purpose of the full integration that Xavier envisioned.

Not only that, but they didn't have enough mutant teachers that would have been able to teach the regular "normal" subjects. Storm and Logan were good for mutant training, but not so much for traditional schooling. Beast didn't show up until much later, and even he had his areas of specialization.

Also what said. They never would have had to interact with the Brotherhood if they didn't want to.

Weirdest thing about the cast has to be Berserker. I mean he was also in Wolverine & The X-Men as a recurring character despite dying in the same issue he shows up in the comics.

I'm pretty sure Kyle and/or Yost is a fan of the character for some reason.

They resurrected him during Necrosha too

I want this in my life

I can't go to jail if I'm dead.

>hey didn't have enough mutant teachers that would have been able to teach the regular "normal" subjects.
That was done by design

Outside of Kitty and Lance, did the groups interact that much during school?

Underrated, probably the second-best Marvel series.
Spectacular Spider-Man > X-Men Evolution > The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes > Everything else

>Can't do that today

Eh, it depends. Toad liked fucking with Nightcrawler's head, but nobody really "hung out" like Kitty and Lance did.

Supposedly Pietro and Spyke were best friends at one point before the series began, but they never touched on it again after their introductory episode.

Did Boom Boom hang out with Kurt after she went to the Brotherhood or was that all before?

I really loved Pyro in this show because of Trevor Devalls Perfornance

I think it was mostly before. Boom Boom was a bit of an odd duck, in that she drifted back and fourth between being part of the Brotherhood and being part of the Xmen, while at the same time never really TRULY belonging to either of them

In the first season yeah. There was the Forge episode where Toad was going around blasting shit with the teleporter
The Blob episode where he got a crush on Jean and tried to go Misery on her
The episode where Rogue and Cyclops went on the field trip and Mystique tried to kill him,
That episode where they went to the same summer camp and competed to race to the top of the mountain

The episode where they attacked the soccer game and Xavier had to erase everyone's memories
The episode with the school carnival and Boom Boom joined them
The school dance episode where they had to fight those demons

I only remember them hanging together during her first episode when she was using him

After she left, she seemed to just be around as Amara's bff

Boom Boom still hung out with Amara after she went to the Brotherhood

Remember the awful Bayville Sirens episode?

That episode was hilarious because girl poser backfires and the guys have to clean up their mess.

BRAVO NOLAN

Like I said, BoomBoom was an odd duck. She lived with the Brotherhood, but she didn't really belong to them. She was just a pretty moocher who could back up her sass with actual danger if anybody tried to stop her from doing whatever the hell she wanted.

She was really only with them during season 2 when they had lost Mystique and were directionless and relatively harmless.

She didn't join to be a mutant terrorist in training

Best X-men show next to Wolverine and the X-men, the Apocalypse saga was a good sendoff for the series.

Why did this show have so many well-animated montages of teenage girls dancing?

Yeah, that's kind of what I was trying to convey. She had no interest in wrecking shit when it didn't suit her. Once Mistique showed back up again with Wanda, Boom Boom took a hike.

Steve Gordon paid extra attention to getting those sequences right

I think it's been said that he used to make some animatics that were just for the enjoyment of the crew.

Eh, I dunno. I think you could probably get away with it.

He was consistently portrayed as being a creeper. At no point did anybody say that what he did was OK. And when Wanda realized that she'd been had, she kicked the shit out of him.

You might have some people complaining, but since Toad is a villain, he gets more leeway with bad behavior.

post more rogue pls

also can anyone tell me why evolution rogue is so different from 90's bimbo version of her?

I think they took their cues from the movie for her power set and they took their cues from modern teen culture for her personality

Jean was the perfect overachiever, kitty was the spoiled suburban princess so Rogue became the goth outsider.

Because they took her powers to their logical outcome.

She grew up not being allowed to really bond with people. That can really fuck with a person's head, and cause them to be withdrawn and moody. Nobody who is kept isolated like that winds up as a bright bubbly bimbo.

I want to hug her and tell her everything's gonna be okay, goth version is best version

All you need to do is get one of those full body suits that covers every inch of skin.

Godspeed, good user.

cozy

The 90's version came about from absorbing Ms. Marvel's power and becoming way more of a flying brick type character. More powerful and confident. While Rogue wasn't originally a goth/emo type per-se, she was more wallflower type , but still moody and witha darker personality. Arguably Ms Marvel's personality also played a role when her powers got absorbed,too.

Naturally most adaptations don't incorporate the Ms Marvel thing, so she starts off as a moody teen.

And that hair style looks like a proto Wolverine and the X-Men Rogue.

>man-chin
>emo
>southern belle accent
>can't even touch without dying
why do I get these waifu-vibes

She's a cute girl that wants to be loved and will be loyal to someone showing her genuine affection.

It's kind of crazy that she had those powers for a longer time than Carol did by the time this show and the movie came around.

>tfw I was thinking she might get the powers in the movie after Magneto used her in his Liberty island scheme. All she got was the gray streak.

Her portrayals were overall generally poor in the movies

Rogue not having her strength always makes her an odd duck in x-men lineups, they really should find a way to give it to her.

A shame they wasted the New Mutants + Jubilee

This is one of, if not my favorite version of Rogue.

Yes
a bit

T

O

A

D

C

I

KNOW

The next time they attempt an X-Men show, I hope the designs and animation are as good.

Is that X-23 in her hooker gear, damn I thought this version was safe from that shit.