South Park needs to either plan its serialised plots in advance or give it up altogether in favor of weekly episode...

South Park needs to either plan its serialised plots in advance or give it up altogether in favor of weekly episode production. They can’t have their cake and eat it, too.
Think after s21, Matt and Trey finally learned?

Other urls found in this thread:

southpark.cc.com/collections/2722/season-16-creator-commentary/7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

>Think after s21, Matt and Trey finally learned?
Absolutely Not. I can practically guarantee you at this point that S22 will consist of the exact same shit again, and they'll end it on another horrid cliffhanger that resolves absolutely nothing whatever. Just fucking watch.

>But judging by how Trey Parker enjoyed Cartman having a girl like Heidi by his side, this breakup might last until Season 22.
w-what did they mean by this?

I honestly dropped the show since they began the serialized nonsense. I know it's the new hot thing for TV shows (or it was 8 years ago anyway) but it's really not a good fit for South Park. It's not like anyone is going to binge watch a season because they're so intrigued by the overall plot, nobody comes to South Park for that.
They need a new non-SP pet project where they can do whatever it is they want to do that's not South Park, rather than trying to turn South Park into something """new and exciting""".

NOOOOOOOOOO WTF

>They can’t have their cake and eat it, too.

They absolutely can. Now, had you said "they can't eat their cake and have it too" that would make sense because once you eat something you can't have it because it's been eaten.

I could care less

Style is cute!!!

If they are planning to have Cartman and Heidi get back together, they should get it done in the season premiere and not make the relationship into a season arc

Their relationship has taken dominated 2 seasons and they wasted a season finale ending it. Let it stay dead

I don't care about them being together, I'm just saying if Matt and Trey want them back together, they should just do a one off episode

"And" doesn't always imply chronology. "You can't have your cake and eat it too" is correct.

Why is Craig a youth pastor?

Because his angelic voice touches the hearts of young wayward children
or he just wanted to be able to mic drop for dramatic effect

blessed image

OK first off, that's from the South Park Studios wiki. Second, I'm the one who wrote all that with the exception of the last sentence.

Some deranged fanatic was constantly commenting through out the entire season about Wendy and Heidi, it got so bad the staff band him for a while.

Because he wants everyone to "Open Their Hearts To Salvation", as well as getting a Mic to drop at any point he so chooses to increase dramatic tension.
Also, Imp Tweek BF

The official wiki seems pretty well moderated, with just references to actual episodes most of the time. good on you folks

Even South Park has fallen into the trend of "shows need to be serialized and about shipping".

Nothing is safe.

Indeed. Nothing is safe from narrative concepts predating written language.

Story arcs and ship teasing brings in the viewers nowadays

Yes, I forgot how every story ever told involves romance and a serialized continuity. Because when I think South Park, I think about how much I've really enjoyed the "will they, won't they" aspect of Heidi and Cartman's relationship over the last two decades.

Nothing official has been said. What you read was an edit from this guy.

Thanks, I try to keep opinions out from the wiki whenever I can.

I don't recall saying every single story ever told involves romance and continuity. But you're obviously just a stupid faggot shitposter, so you'll get no more (You)s from me.

Is this ric from tumblr?

That looks more like waifufaggotry than shipping.

At least they learned that they MUST do serial light (e.g. season 21) rather than fully serial (e.g. season 20). They know they fucked up in season 20. I prefer episodic, but at least they're getting better at doing serial seasons. Season 21 was bretty good, except for the finale.

I have hopes that they'll have enough experience under their belt with serial to pull off some good shit in season 22.

>But you're obviously just a stupid faggot shitposter, so you'll get no more (You)s from me.
You mean the type of shitposting faggot that knows what type of show South Park is, hears a complaint that even South Park, an EPISODIC RAUNCHY COMEDY, isn't safe from current writing trends, which do exist by the way because it's fucking Hollywood and even if the concepts existed, gaining in popularity is what I'm speaking about, of being a serialized raunchy romcom, nearly the opposite of what it once was, and still acts pedantic?

nice trips
I liked the season a lot too, it was definitely an improvement to season 20.
I'm really interested in their commentary on the latest season. Will it come out with the DVD release or something like that?

The main thing is not attempting to do a longer-format story about a current event if you don't have contingencies prepared, which they clearly didn't. Their production cycle doesn't really allow it. The ongoing Cartman/Heidi drama worked better because they could do exactly what they wanted.

Garrison Trump is REALLY fucking them over. They were banking on Clinton winning but now Garrison is stuck as president and they feel like they have to continue that plot point b/c they're doing a serial series now.

I don't know how they'll resolve this, but I hope they do it soon. I'm a Canadian and I don't give a fuck about Trump or American politics. I thought Garrison was really funny in Doubling Down and Put it Down but I don't want them to feel like they HAVE to keep doing those jokes until Trump's term(s) are over.

the correct phrase is "they can't eat their cake and have it too". moron.

>tfw shipfaggot
>tfw they could either go back to SP roots or continue with Elementary School: The Drama and I would be satisfied
It's like fanfiction but factfiction

I'm really excited for season 21 commentary as well, I have no idea how or where it's released though. I just watch them on youtube when they're put up.

Season 20 commentary was interesting, pretty much just them regretting everything.

I would have loved it if they somehow made Clinton the fourth grade teacher after Garrison became president.

That would've been a great way to make Garrison want to be their teacher again. Also more classroom scenes! Sounds pretty good.

I don't actually mind Garrison himself, but the process of getting him into that position didn't really work because they clearly weren't prepared for it. Another few years of it might be too much though.

They made up for it with the "NO ONE CARES" line in Put it Down

I liked Garrison Trump this season as well, I thought he was funny. But the fact that they still haven't taken him out of office yet and he's still going to president next season makes me sad.

I think Matt and Trey's trump garrison jokes are funny af for now, but I don't know if I'll still feel that way if there's another 2 season of it...

I was watching some commentary for season 16 today. Episodes like Cartman finds love or Jewpacabra are really insightful on how they make up there shows. You can tell they were thinking about making more episodic stories at this point too.

Can't wait to see what they do with skinny Heidi next season.

Well in FBW he says "Cmon new kid put your faith in Jesus" or something similar so maybe he actually is religious
But most likely he just wanted to play with a mic

What were they saying about Cartman Finds Love? I watched the Tweek x Craig commentary, and they said they were aware of fujo art and they thought a lot of the art was drawn very well. I wish they went into more detail on what they thought of it though, kek

I want her to date Kyle but still have all the anti Semitic habits she picked up from Cartman.

>kyle
>having a gf, ever

check it out yourself
southpark.cc.com/collections/2722/season-16-creator-commentary/7

also side note, in the Zimmerman parody, Token was planned to die.

that would be fucking hilarious, but the season would just be shipping and jealously again. is that what you guys want?

I would LOVE if Liane got together with Clyde's dad though, the stepson shenanigans would be great

Invoking Jesus is probably a less religious statement when Jesus is a dude you can hang out with.

I am so surprised the american website actually let me on, thanks!

woops meant to quote

No.

They will probably do topical stuff without planing much again.

I found season 21 to be much better than season 20 but inferior to past seasons.

I've been watching some older episodes, shit like cock magic, little crime stoppers and breast cancer show ever and this kind of shit is fucking golden. Kids being kids and doing stupid kid stuff will always be the best south park episodes.

Should that be a season long story or just for one episode?

there is a special work around for the commentaries. I googled and clicked a link from their official blog.

>"when there's too much plot sometimes the story isn't so good and it's not funny"
wow I still wish they believed that

they stood next to each other TWICE last episode. TWICE.
Changing Cartman's home life that drastically might be hard to work with, though, especially when involving an established side character. They'd have to deal with shit like Clyde waiting at the bus stop with the boys or Liane not being a slut

it should be a season long "theme" I guess. The stories don't have to revolve around it, but they should be together for at least a season imo. i think its a cool idea.

>Cartman's new dad buying him shit to get him to like him
I don't think Cartman would care that much after that

imagine how kinky she is in bed

No doubt this is a sign, We saw this before.

Remember the scene in Ginger Cow were Heidi was checking out Eric's ass, Kyle left out on the sideline and Cartman was lusting for Butter? It's all gonna happen next season.

Whoever runs the site loves to feature the "I Swear" clip from that episode. It also gets tweeted a lot.
Either there's a shipper on deck or SPS loves to fuck with us.

Reminder that Heidi watched Cartman fart on Kyle's face and was at the Chili Con Carnival during the scott tenorman incident
The girl is fucked up to still date him

I saw the tweet you're talking about. They're fucking with us. They know we exist now for sure and they're doing it for the laffs. Not that I'm complaining.

some prop artist is in on it, too.
you can't just call this coincidence, yknow?

I want to say it's because Cartman Finds Love involved Cupid Me, Kyle and Cartman but... dang that can't just be coincidence.

Another thing is that Timmy shouldn't even know cupid me exists in the first place.. unless he really is psychic

Entry level - Stan and Wendy
Intermediate - Tweek and Craig
Advanced - Terrance and Philip
God tier - Matt and Trey

>God tier - Matt and Trey
you have good taste

Style and Kyman are just MattxTrey anyway

>I would LOVE if Liane got together with Clyde's dad though, the stepson shenanigans would be great
Yessssssss. A thousand times This. Clyde and Cartman being "brothers" would certainly be an interesting change of pace.

but then the number of Cartman/Clyde shippers would increase
gross

I don't even remember if I posted this in a SP thread yet, but just in case.

Oh hey man, how are you doing? Sorry about the loss of your fat waifu

>not wanting cartman to bully and psychologically torture clyde in the name of love
Shit taste m8

I'm good dude, thanks for asking. It's really no problem, even I was hoping the Heiman stuff would end eventually. But at times, I can still feel like drawing her.

this gif has always disturbed me, just wanted to let you know

Reminder Karen is cutest girl in South Park.

That’s not a face of familial love she’s got

The leg lock is there for something, son.

Do you have that “SHITSHITSHIT” comic where Karen tells Kenny that she wants to marry mysterion?

The anatomy in this picture is confusing the hell out of me

The cutest of drawings for the cutest of ships.

karen is for pure only

She can be pure with Kenny if you know what I mean.

>cue cartman cracking up at the redneck incest stereotype becoming reality
thanks user

PURE ONLY

Karen ain't pure anymore.

back to Ike it is then

Ike is even less pure. He's among the lewdest members of south park.

>1.42 MB

oh yeah he got laid in kindergarten before his brother r9kyle even had a gf

I just post them as I save them, puff

That has to be the saddest thing to ever have happened in South Park.