Alex Ross art that isn't Marvel or DC?

Alex Ross art that isn't Marvel or DC?

I'm surprised a cheap Canadian flash toon was willing to spend the money for Ross.

>That time Anthrax commissioned Alex Ross to draw Judge Dredd

Forgot my pic

Surprised how little work he's done with Disney. Just two prints.

Scooby turned out ok, but thst Dino is nightmarish.

Well the project was Seth Meyers' and he's a comic book fan.

He's actually done a lot of Anthrax work, it's cool.

I fucking loved this series so much

>8 posts in
>no Astro City

>buh-but Vertigo
Don't care.

What is it about his style that's so unique?

Does anybody have the picture he drew with V Man and the V boys?

>see this pic
>look show up
>laziest, most unappealing artstyle
Why bother.

Alex Ross would do an amazing Aquabats album cover.

>>buh-but Vertigo
Not Vertigo, it's Alan Moore stories.

Does anyone have a high resolution pic?

>Darth Vader
Moore wrote a Star Wars story?

>Remind me why we are here again

DID Moore ever do any Star Wars or Doctor Who stuff? Seems so out of his wheelhouse.

/m/heads, that's Ultra Seven, right?

Apparently he did both Star Wars and Doctor Who during his Marvel UK days about 2 years before he started Swamp Thing

Moore on Star Wars is such a weird idea to me, even if it was just a quick job from before he was getting good gigs.

Yeah, Doctor Who I can believe. But he loathes Star Wars. Or rather what Star Wars' popularity did to science fiction in it's wake.

Damn that Constantine is sexy

>Superman and Supreme holding Hands
Nice

Jughead appears to be the only sane one of the four.

Not an /m/ head, but I can confirm that that's Ultra Seven

He paints over-the-top superheroes using photographed models and occasionally toys. Some of the Astro City collections have his reference pictures, they’re really neat.

Honestly looks better than his modern Marvel works/things modern in general like AssCreed 3

Star Wars did nothing bad to science fiction. Moore wants fandom to be a mystery cult.

He's the oldest hipster on earth.

What would Moore think of this?

>mfw I recognise these characters from the one time I watched a few scenes from yellow submarine as a kid.

What are some shit you wanna see Ross do the most?

I never knew I wanted this god dammit

For some reason Ross' style on Archie and the Voltron paladins look uncanny while his Gatchaman stuff looks great

He's never drawn Hellboy, has he?

G1 Transformers
Kamen Rider (Showa)
Mazinger Z

He did some covers for the Tarzan and John Carter crossover. That comic will always be a disappointment for me because I wanted to see Jane dressed up as Dejah Thoris and depicted as a blonde which is my fetish, but she never does baka.

it's just Sting

if you read the comics you'd know that

Genuinely surprised none of his Project SuperPowers artwork has been posted, used to see that popping up all the time.

Embraces the completely fantastical and cartoonish elements of his subjects while bringing a true realism, and grandeur, to the faces and bodies of the people. Some people in trying to make comics more realistic will tone down the things he sticks with. Ends up making things really mythic

>archie looks like slappy the dummy from goosebumps

Man, I fucking hate when Ross tries to meet halfway between his brand of realism and the source material's style. It always turns out creepy as shit.

Is Spawn's costume supposed to be just pitch black corpse like skin?

Noice.

>BattleAngelAlitaMovie.jpg

>Be Seth Meyers.
>Be a big comic book nerd and have comic personalities shows up on your late night show.
>Have Alex fucking Ross do commission artwork for you.

Christ, we need this man to do He-Man so badly.

>IT'S ARCHIE TIME

Shut up and take all my money

Alex Ross drawing Spawn feels like the equivalent of Gordon Ramsay cooking a hotdog.

veronica looks like she's about to devour souls

>SIEG!!!!
what the fuck was he thinking?

spectacular image

really love this one a lot. the colors are so beautiful

It was used as the cover to a biography he collaborated on so I think he liked it.

did they smoke some joker gas?

my dirty secret, I never liked Alex Ross

why?

I want to see him draw Goku.

Says you, to me they look like crazy people from a daycare center.
Which is probably fitting.

More Moore:

FLASH! AAAAAHHH!

Different user here, but while I do like some Ross I also find his work off-putting sometimes. I think for exactly the opposite reason in : it introduces this weird realism into what's inherently fantastical and cartoonish that makes the characters look kind of sad and pathetic. Ross's "realistic" Batman, for example, doesn't look like a figure of power and terror, he looks like a middle-aged guy in a bad party costume. It diminishes the characters.

Another major thing in Ross' career: Astro City.

It's not hard to make a realistic Scooby, just draw a great dane

His take on Gatchaman really feels like it adapts Amano's faces perfectly without losing anything.

>1963 will never be finished

Fucking finally, Jesus H.

Damn, this shit is nice.
Which book he used to learn how to draw?
I know he used some book, but I never learned which one.

Is that Captain Murphy?

If he hasn't already done it, Namor.
Ross style always has everyone pose as if they're hewn out of stone, which would fit Namor's granstanding nature perfectly.

Voltron is literally just the toy.

Literally one of the first things he drew. He specifically made him look like Freddie MErcury because he's a Queen fan.
Check out Marvels, its his first sequential work for the big two, before Kingdome come, takes place from a photographer's POV from the Golden Age in the 40's onwards through the Silver Age in the 60's, with MArvel events happening in real time to when they were published.

He learned from the Andrew Loomis books. He even wrote some small reviews for the new editions and even helped complete Loomis' unfinished last book (the one he's holding in the picture).

Loomis is hated by /ic/ and loved everywhere else.

Dragonball.

>Loomis is hated by /ic/

Since when? All they ever spout is Loomis Loomis Loomis.

SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE

This better?

>All they ever spout is Loomis Loomis Loomis.
That's why.
They think Loomis is a meme artist because they can't figure out how to read his books, even through shit is as simple as you can get, so they just recommend him because "it's too hard for beginners".

Seriously, shit it's so simple even the japanese have adopted his techniques.

So /ic/ is just retarded?