Is this show any good?

Is this show any good?

Yes, also we litteraly just had a thread about this exact topic fall of the board. If you were interested in it, why did you bump that one?

No.

Maybe. What's in it for me if I tell you?

no
webby sucks

I don't know

If you had AHDH, sure.

*ADHD

It was amazing how quickly the hype for this died. Was it that bad?

Not in the slightest.

Yes

>Was it that bad?
Absolutely. It completely sacrifices any sense of risk or stakes during adventures in favor of nuDisney humor and left-wing conditioning.

It's one of the only currently airing cartoons with actual talent, love, and craft put into it. Not muh fags will tell you it's shit because of a bunch of preconceived notions, but it's legitimately better than the original.

However they only made 9 episodes and then inexplicably stopped, so that's annoying.

It's fucking trash, OP. The animation is bland, the voices are annoying and the humor is grating. Scrooge is barely a presence and the show bends over backwards to extol Webby at the expense of the triplets. It's loud and mindless and isn't the least bit interested in celebrating the honest work ethic or historically-driven globe trotting adventure that was the backbone of the original comics.

Also they somehow made Donald the most boring character. How the fuck?

Can you repeat the question?

It's fun. Anyone who doesn't enjoy it is too much of a nostalgiafag to realize the reboot is better than the original, though I like both.

Well, I like it better than the original but that doesn't mean that it is.
People have different opinions so the only way to find out for certain is to watch it for yourself.

No, they just never air it and we ran out of things to talk about.

YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

>boring characters whose personalities were pulled straight from TV Tropes
>boring, safe writing that never dares to get even a little bit edgy
>animation is uninteresting to look at
>Scrooge is a non-entity most of the time
>Huey, Dewey and Louie's personalities have been butchered beyond repair, with all of their good traits being transferred to Webby which kills the group dynamic entirely
>barely any adventure
>Disney doesn't even air it
Yeah it's lovely.

Do you think Merlock, the evil magician, will be back? I mean, sure, it's a pretty cliché villain, but who knows what they have in store for him...

>Expects a children's cartoon to verse in the "edgy" department
>Finally setting really different personalities for each of the triplets is "butchering" them

Mate, you need to try watching it without wearing that bear-trap clamped on your balls.

way too many weeby episodes, dropped it after the 5th or 6th episode.

This. There's nothing to discuss, fuck off.

>Urrh durrh y u cnt go bak in thym 2 jon ze odder tred?

Some people forget that not everybody is spending their whole fucking day on here, unlike the rest of us filthy manchildren.

The main issue is due to the lack of consistent airings and hiatuses, there's almost nothing to discuss.

So post ducks, I guess.

>Expects a children's cartoon to verse in the "edgy" department
A lot of children's cartoons have done exactly this. nuDucktales has literally nothing new to offer, it's all shit we've seen before.
>Finally setting really different personalities for each of the triplets is "butchering" them
They're completely uninteresting now. They essentially used to be 1 character with 3 bodies but now the show has extra protagonists to juggle around, meaning we only get focus on 1 of the triplets any time they're relevant, which is boring as shit because they're just not interesting on their own.

It does nothing new compared to other cartoons of the decade yet is frequently compared to the original, making it impossible to look at it as it’s own thing

>A lot of children's cartoons have done exactly this.
And 90% have been shit and heavy-handed soapboxing

Use the fucking catalog and archive. It was up for a few days, you have no excuse.
>Waaah you're all manchildren

I like it but I do have complaints, mainly with Huey and Dewey and how their personalities have taken a turn for the worse.
Dewey
>was supposed to be the adventurous one, leading the lore episodes.
>currently sits in the background and all his jokes center around music so he's basically gene from bob's burgers.
Huey
>basically was supposed to be HDL from the comics--knowledgeable, Kind, quickwitted, and little mischievous.
>is screeching control freak.

>A lot of children's cartoons have done exactly this. nuDucktales has literally nothing new to offer, it's all shit we've seen before.

NuDucktales is a Reboot. It's not supposed to bring anything "new", it's supposed to allow younger generations to discover an old, loved classic, simply refreshed to fit within today's context. If you knew the definition of the word "Reboot", you wouldn't have said something that stupid.

>They're completely uninteresting now. They essentially used to be 1 character with 3 bodies but now the show has extra protagonists to juggle around, meaning we only get focus on 1 of the triplets any time they're relevant, which is boring as shit because they're just not interesting on their own.

I don't see how having 3 of the same character is better than having 3 distinct characters with their own personalities, strengths and weaknesses. Having each of the triplets fitting for specific situations, and so narratives, is actually a good thing, because honestly, I used to fucking hate these 3 kids and now I actually find them bareable.

I bet you liked Quack Pack too, faggot.

I don't even fucking know what quack pack is.

This. They’re attempts at developing Triplets are actually backfiring. They should have kept them as they were in the Pilot, they were great there.

Also we need more Donald.

>actual talent, love, and craft put into it.
So cheap references to the comics suddenly make you think they give a shit about the source material? You can't be serious.

Get the fuck out underage

this

I agree with this. Trying to make every character an individual means that Scrooge and Donald get less of the spotlight. And I don't really care to watch these generic kid characters.

It's passable. As someone who never watched the old show or read the comics I've found a couple episodes pretty entertaining and most are ok at best

I'm nearly 26, thank you very much.

I looked it up though and yeah, that show does look pretty horrible. I never saw it because when I was a kid we did not have Disney Channel.

The main channel for kids' entertainment, at the time, had the rights for a few disney shows but Quack Pack wasn't part of these.

It’s not even that I have a problem with the Triplet’s Newfound individualism, it’s how they handle it. The seem to think that they have to distance themselves from the Original Huey, Dewey, and Louie by not having them interact or work as a team. And they seem to be under the impression that they have to have them undergo character development every episode, despite a
having no real need to do so, or direction of where them want to take them. They triplets are fine as they are, just don’t give them these kind of episodes until you actually have ideas on what you want to do with them.

It's okay. Ranges from like a 6-8 most of the time, I think. Could be better, but has pretty strong fundamentals undone by writing that is weaker than it could be.

>However they only made 9 episodes and then inexplicably stopped, so that's annoying.

No, they made more, cartoons just air new episodes once every three months now.

Why would you care about risk or stakes in a show like this? It's a light hearted kids show. You know the good guys are gonna win every episode. You know nobody is gonna die. The character designs are cute and some of the jokes are chuckle worthy. What more would you want out of this?

>left-wing conditioning

Oh boy, we've found the trumpfag who believes being nice towards everybody is a bad thing.

It fails a lot as it tries to copy Gravity Falls and fails, due to inconsistent and flat out bad characterization and the fact it has to juggle more than GF due to it's large main cast. Disney's just trying to cash in on GF's success, as well as nostalgia, it was destined to be bad.

It's alright. It's basically just Gravity Falls lite.

Should be added that Dewey and Huey's failure as characters come in part due to Webby having to many to many character roles then necessary. While everyone just gets the one Webby has to juggle several different roles from being the socially awkward weirdo to the adventurer to the intelligent cryptidologist. This basically causes narrative and plot lines which would help benefit Huey and Dewey be completely replaced and unnecessary.

And to make matters worse all these character elements doesn't even particularly help Webby be a better character since she suffers from "non-flaws" which are essentially flaws that the writers try to portray as negative but in the actual context of the story has no consequences thus removing a lot of depth from the character. Best example is how we're supposedly told she's the socially awkward kid that can't make friends yet she immediately befriends a rebellious cool teenager with ease.

So we have this one character that essentially takes the role of three entire characters but at the same time don't really do much with this to make her particular endearing so all that's left is one meh character and two narratively useless ones.

>not having HDLW instead

>>was supposed to be the adventurous one, leading the lore episodes
Kinda hard to lead in lore episodes when there's barely any lore episodes.
Then again, it was known to everyone that this show wouldn't just be lore heavy every episode. It's after all named Ducktales, not "The Disappearance of Della Duck" tales.

It's not good enough.

>Best example is how we're supposedly told she's the socially awkward kid that can't make friends yet she immediately befriends a rebellious cool teenager with ease.
You damn rascal. Ya got me with your bait.

They always had individual personalities, it was just not brought up that much and for the most part they were just polite scouts.

In the original Ducktales, yes, they were.

However, as mentioned in , this is a reboot. It doesn't mean it's going to be an exact rewrite of the original, and you can expect a reboot to be more adapted to the time era where it's being aired. (For shows that don't take place in the future or in the past, that is.)

See the PPGs reboot. It's more adpated to today's society, except THAT was a serious failure, more based on shitty attempts to insert memes in the show, rather than actually writing jokes themselves.