MCU Tony Stark is a killer, in Iron Man he killed those people, terrorists or not. That being said...

MCU Tony Stark is a killer, in Iron Man he killed those people, terrorists or not. That being said, I present to you an idea...

In the MCU the heroes kill whenever they feel necessary and never think twice about it, the government and military is also a big factor in the MCU, obviously with Cap and Tony fighting foreign guys all the time, and then with the Avengers we've had two movies with fairly generic "invasion" blow out scenes with tons of faceless nameless (Chitauri) or totally disposable generic (Ultron drones) enemies being mowed down one by one in big city urban environments against all odds.....now I ask you, why is it that the Transformers movies get criticized for being morally ambiguous about violence, military worship, or the trope of the generic big city invasion yet Marvel gets a free pass? Doesn't make sense to me, and I know already the vast majority of responses are gonna be bullshit like "CAUSE THE MCU IS ACTUALLY GOOD AND MICHAEL BAY SUCKS" or "BECAUSE NOSTALGIA CRITIC TOLD ME SO AND THE PROFESSIONAL CRITICS TOLD HIM SO" and the like, but I'm interested to hear an answer from any Sup Forums users who have actually thought about this

I honestly just prefer the MCU characters. Most of the characters in Transformers are hysterical yet boring. The action scenes are definitely the redeeming part of the Transformers franchies.
Have you thought about how theres always one character that starts out serious and then turns into a comic relief?

>Have you thought about how theres always one character that starts out serious and then turns into a comic relief?
Like who specifically?

Because it only happens in the avengers movies of which there's 2, and Age of Ultron has turned out to not have aged well and you won't see people praising it.

And it was acceptable and fine for the first Avengers.

Fuck off with your retarded set up.

>Age of Ultron has turned out to not have aged well

It was always shit but mcucks can't help but suck down load Disney shoots

First drone of the day. Will you be as easy to defeat as one of Ultrons?

What only happened in the Avengers? Several points were made, namely killing people, HOO RA military shit, and yes the mindless drone armies you're likely referencing.

>why is it that the Transformers movies get criticized for being morally ambiguous about violence
I'm not sure they do. Just Optimus letting Chicago get fucked up out of spite in 3.
>military worship
The Mcu isn't worshiping of the Military at all. And they are in the wrong for it. They called out Nick for refurbishing Hydra Weapons (nick was in the right for doing so), the entire message of Winter Soldier is against the military ("punishment after crime" is bullshit, if they are within a known terrorist base or cave building suicide vest then they ARE committing crimes & if they blow themselves up they won't get punished anyway).
And the military went almost full Bad guy in Age of Extinction.
>or the trope of the generic big city invasion
Because...
1 - They earned it by building up the characters & having smaller threats up to that point.
2 - It's actually filmed well.
3 - They don't retcon the destruction away like they did between Trans 1 & 2.

Cap & Iron man both kill in the comics.
And killing & self defense or defense of others doesn't make them "killers" in the negative manner you mean.

Stark kills in the comics as well.

The agent from the first film that become comic relief in 2+

Marvel comics heroes hasn't had a no killing rule on ANY of these characters in well over a decade. Since Ennis, Millar, and Bendis started writing for them waaaaaaaaay back when.

Hollywood has been a factory for neocon pro-interventionist propaganda for decades. This isn’t news

One could only say with any honestly that Bay Prime only killed in self defense

>I'm not sure they do. Just Optimus letting Chicago get fucked up out of spite in 3.
Oh they do, any TF movie thread will have a handful of people talking about how they turned Optimus into a blood hungry psychopathic Punisher esque guy or something, which is retarded.
>And the military went almost full Bad guy in Age of Extinction.
Was about to call you out, but you made my point for me....so then why do the Bayformers get critiized for military worship even when they have made the military the badguy?

As for your last point, eh, there are no "smaller threats" in Transformers, there are no solo stories to be told to set anything up, it straight out the gate is team vs. team

I mean I actually kind of like him and think he's funny, the crazy conspiracy nut who actually isn't crazy at all, I wish his character wasn't abandoned after part 3 because I legit enjoyed that Jew

Now, Louis and T.I from Ant Man? Talk about shucking and jiving, another thing people complain about with Transformers, that it is somehow "racist" for having certain portrayals of character....yet MCU did the same thing only with unlikable character OCs who were better fitted to be joke characters on a Friday movie than any action film

You made this thread yesterday, it wasn't good then, it's not good now.

Is that why the transformers movies get criticized?

I thought it was because they were boring and poorly acted.

There is nothing to think about or discuss, you set up a false dichotomy.

Some unspecified people in uncertain numbers maybe criticize transformers franchise for some fringe and secondary shortcomings (deservedly), and you have a vague impression that this is not the case with MCU, which is in no way similar in depiction of pertinent themes, despite your simplistic and forced attempt to link them.
It is natural that when people have no good will for trash they will strengthen their critique, so your a priori dismissal of a valid point is dumb.
MCU is not total trash so people don't totally trash it.

>MCU is not total trash so people don't totally trash it.
It is, and you have no possible way of explaining why it isn't

Luis is hardly a racist portrayal. The guy goes to wine tastings and art expos and shit. Yeah, he's a bit of a gang-banger in style, but he's well-spoken and has good taste in pastimes.

It's down to the execution. If they're exaggerated caricatures of a cultural group or if they're just people with an accent and a few mannerisms unique to that particular group.

It's an insight to your mind that you think that Michael Pena and T.I.'s characters were derogatory stereotypes. Do you think that any person you meet with a different accent than yours is a joke?