Why hasn’t anyone created a poor Batman or a incompetent Batman to relate to other people?

Why hasn’t anyone created a poor Batman or a incompetent Batman to relate to other people?
I can’t imagine most people relating to an ultra-rich hyper-competent guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil's_Dictionary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because a poor/incompetent Batman would be incapacitated by the second chapter.

>Poor
Green Arrow every now and then
>Incompetent
Earth-1 Batman

He would die

>incompetent Batman
Spider-Man.

Because being ultra-rich and hypercompetent is the entire point. Batman is a self-insert character like James Bond.

What is it with this meme that superheroes have to be relatable?

Entitlement, user.

"Relatabiiity" doesn't matter, the only thing that's important to a story is that it's interesting. For this you want characters that play off each other or clash a little, as well as drama or comedy.

The same goes for "I need to be worried that the character is going to die in every action scene". Both are spouted constantly by redditors and Sup Forums.

Kick ass did poor dumb batman bready good.

Because unless you're a straight white male, you are literally incapable of enjoying any comic book.

How come no one has done a cuck batman? It seems every char has become a cuck at one point, reed, orion, vision, cyclops

Did someone call?

see also

Just you wait until Bendis gets his hands on BatCat

i fucking hate batman

>suppose to relate to cape heroes
I wish this shit would stop.

>Poor and incompetent
Spiderman has that market cornered.

Can't be worse than King.

This.

>still butthurt

>BAT
>CAT
>BAT
>CAT
>BAT
>CAT
>BAT
>CAT
>BAT
>CAT

OPs the same type of person who complains that women shouldn't be attractive and have unrealistic body proportions.

>Batman is a self-insert character like James Bond
I never got this meme. How are you able to self-insert as a hyper-comptent person? I mean, as an entirely average guy (white, 6"1, bit above average intelligence, 6"x5" dicklet, middle class), why would I self-insert as the 10" Thundercock, Super-Genius, Super-Fighter, Super-Rich Batman? I just enjoy him as a character.

TL;DR Self-Inserting is stupid and makes no sense.

>Bat?
>Bat

How do people self-insert at all? Call me autistic all you want but I never understood the idea.

>tfw dicklet but not 6'1"

What character can i self insert as

t. has never read any work by bendis ever

His Daredevil > the dumpsterfire that is King's Batman.
Even his Moon Knight was better than King's shit and I can't stand Bendis' Moon Knight.

Self-Inserting is a term for retards who don't understand what empathising with someone means

You OK user?

I'm not reading trash and pretend that it's actually good like you do, so yes.

Not him but i agree completely. Even House of M is less painful than the joker/riddler war

Bat?
Cat.
Cat?
Yes cat bat
Yes?
Yes.

His Daredevil is hardly acceptable to me, so is King that mediocre as i was thinking, without ever checking his work?
Every now and then there's some new name people praise and it turns out they're maybe not terrible on an especially good day.
So it was with Bendis, so it was with Johns, so it was with many others.

Well, Grant Morrison somewhat went there.
This is his '''Zor'''ro '''in''' '''Ar'''kham. Batman of Zur-En-Aarh. A mentally disturbed Batman with no backup toys, wealth or identity so he must resort to go full MacGyver with the local homeless trash in order to craft his Bat-Radia.

I gave up with Bane (preemptive "shut the fuck up Sup Forums") shit.
If that was King's way to make Bane a legitimate threat again, he failed miserably.
Say what you will about Bendis, at least he's coherent most of the time. King can have a character slash Batman's throat or pull a sword out of Batman's body and it's just glossed over (hell, the latter was supposed to be a "badass" scene). The dialogue is absolutely awful and comes off as written by an autist who never seen real people interacting. Batman is generally a retard. etc

Dunno user. Self-Inserting is fucking mental.

Question? Maybe Tony Stark before the movies? Moon Knight, kinda.

I guess.

>I'm not reading trash
You are, otherwise how do you know King's Batman is bad? Huh?

You're not OK, definitely.

>I'm not reading trash and pretend that it's actually good
I guess this kind of reading comprehension explains why Kingfags eat up his shit. Seriously, give up. Just because Omega Men and Vision were good doesn't make everything he shits out gold.

Batman Earth 1 if you want intentionally incompetent

An incompetent Batman is a guy wearing spandex, leather, and rubber, lying dead in a ditch. A poor Batman is one of those doofuses you occasionally see in the news, cosplaying as a superhero, "patrolling" the streets with a pen, paper, flashlight, and a cellphone.

Stan Lee's Just Imagine Batman was poor.

>6"x5" dicklet

Um, if you mean a 6.5" penis, that's above average, 5" is average, and even 4" is adequate.

>make this tread as an ironic shitpost in response to a similar Superman thread
>genuine discussion ensues

>even 4" is adequate
4-incher nigger spotted.

>even 4" is adequate

Thank god

came here to ask this

>question, one of the coolest characters in the DCU

please enlighten me...

I meant 6" (length) by 5" (girth). But yeah, they're dick dimensions.

>Stan Lee's Just Imagine Batman was poor.
Stan Lee's Just Imagine Batman was a nigger.

Comic Question is pretty much an average guy who's such a fuck up at cleaning up his city because it's so rotten. He's not a super-genius, or a super martial artist or whatever. He's mostly, just a dude. In the O'Neil run anyway. He got some weird "talk to cities" powers in a mini later, but he's fairly reletable and you can "self-insert" whatever that means. As for the rest of my choices:

Early Stark wasn't nearly as rich or smart as current Stark. His Company was always on the verge of going bankrupt and he was a mechanical engineer only. Plus, he's literally only a dude who got fighting training in the 80s. These days he's OP as fuck, but if you're gonna self insert as someone who's not a Street-Level guy, he's your man. No super-powers, no super-brain, no legendary treasures or mythical bloodlines, just a dude. Spider-Man at this point doesn't qualify.

As for Moon Knight, well, until the DiD retcons, he was a scumbag who got his second chance at life and tried to do some good. Not a super-genius, not super-rich, not someone important or whatever, just a dude. He's kinda like the Question in that regard. But after the retcons, he's a bit too weird and OP to "self-insert" as.

I guess folks like Johnny Blaze or Hal Jordan could count, but they've got Godlike powers that are in contrast with their average Joe personas.

There was that one leaf movie about a retarded batman type, defender or something like that

Not him but how come Ironman never took off before the films?

This. And then all people did was bitch and cry "NOT MUH BATMAN" and accuse Johns of having a hateboner for him.

Thanks user gonna pick up some of their comics. I now see all of them in a new light

johnny storm bangs too many women to be self-insertable

>what is empathy

An obstacle in having a successful life?

wrong johnny nigga

I thought both were ironic shitposts by the same guy

Too different from the typical super-hero. He was a guy with no powers, and he was fairly grounded, so he wasn't fighting Gundam Mechas with the Sword of Destiny or whatever. Sure, there were stories where he fought Dragons, Sorcerers and teamed-up with King Arthur, but the book itself had a corporate espionage tone. All the problems had to do with keeping his business afloat, his people employed, etc.

It was honestly too much of a political book that didn't have the classic "businessmen and guns are bad m'kay" stuff. It featured various ideologies (communism, anarchism, capitalism, libertarianism) and systems and all that. The villains weren't animal themed crooks, they were hired assassins, competitors, political adversaries, etc, etc. Sure, Justin Hammer is a more dangerous and complex guy than Rhino, but kids just wanna read about a guy in a cool suit doing cool things against another guy in a cool suit. The Global Marketplace, its rules and how it's run don't really appeal to them. Why read that when Flash is fighting across all 10906 Dimensions to save the Omni-Ship from Grodd Supreme or whatever?

And honestly, Stark himself wasn't the classic hero that folks read escapism for. He got the girls, sure, but he could never connect. He had friends, but he could never get too close because of their social differences, as to everyone he was a bigshot who made them feel bellitled. He was smart, but he wasn't Reed Richards who could replicate alien tech. He didn't have cool powers, and his armors weren't unrealistic sci-fi mechas. He didn't have catchphrases, and he wasn't kicking people's ass with his Martial Arts. And then he turned into a drunk, lost his company, his friends and tried to kill himself.

In short, Iron Man never was a super-hero comic. It's like a TV Show where they need the "monster of the week" stuff at first to keep going, but there's a bigger story going on. It's just that IM was focused more on "adult drama" than "teen escapism".

Glad I could help user.

Wrong Johnny.

Rorsarch?

Defendor

Didn’t Batman of ZorEnUh or whatever he’s called cobble his bat suit together out of garbage?

Marvel has a bunch of those.
Poor blind batman.
Black batman from Bronx
Woman alcoholic batman
Rich but incompetent batman who knows kung-fu.

Also batman who uses guns and kills criminals.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil's_Dictionary

>Omega Men and Vision were good
What kind of King hater are you?

>HERP DERP IF YOU DON'T LIKE ONE RUN YOU HATE THE WRITER
Found the retard.

>you
>liking King
>ever

Well, his opinon is more or less the norm. My fear that King's mere presence to Bendis would transform him, through osmosis, into Bendis-lite has come to pass. Tom is unironically trying to become the next Bendis thing.

That's retarded, even for a King hater.

So, this'll sound pretentious and like an asshole, but I am a produced screenwriter and film school graduate and I did actually got to teach a seminar about self-insert characters/audience avatars in film and gaming, specifically, but it applies, etc.

So, the way that I (and others, of course) have observed is that every narrative HAS to have a form of audience insert, or else it almost certainly fails. It HAS to. That doesn't the/an entire character has to be a blank slate, but they have to either play to a trait/experience/situation we've all been in (Batman experiences traumatic loss, he has a sense of justice we all strive towards, he juggles work and relationships, he has a non-father father figure, and a son figure for that matter, etc), OR the character plays to a fantasy we have (Batman is filthy rich, handsome, strong, and does cool shit). One is crucial, both makes for good characters (or at least memorable ones).

Also, it's a misnomer and kind of autistic to call them "self-inserts" (although that's the correct way to say it), because no one really actively says "I like James Bond or Batman because I am placing myself in the shoes of this character and fantasizing about doing X, Y, and Z." We generally just relate with what they are doing or specific ideas they have. In a well-crafted narrative, we find places to "self-insert" in ALL characters, even villains or love interests, etc.

So, no, I'd disagree self-inserting is stupid, but if you frame it on the surface like "I'm literally placing myself as Batman," it is kind of shallow and dumb.

>I did actually got
Well, yep, I'm a screenwriter alright.

>poor Batman
who is Spiderman?

>if you frame it on the surface like "I'm literally placing myself as Batman," it is kind of shallow and dumb.
That's what I thought self-inserting was. Relating with the character is different. But yeah, what you're saying is sound.

Funnily enought, the author of James Bond was actually an Agent and he wrote it only as a cover.

Yes I always thought it's "trying to fulfill your fantasies by proxy", and I'll stick to it.

Ignoring Doomwank, I think Doom's one of the most easily reletable characters in comics. He's petty, vindictive, knows his faults so he overcompensates, but is not cartoonishly evil because he does genuinely want to do good, it's just that his ego overtakes him. Sure, he's also a power fantasy what with being a King (of a Balkan "country"), a Sorcer/Scientist (always 2nd) and an all-around "bad-ass", but if you ignore Doomwank, he's really human in a way few characters are.

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

BASED DoomPussyPasta Poster.

Doom sold the daughter of his faithful manservant to demons and watched her be flayed alive so he could wear her skin for the chance at 1-uping Richards with filthy gypsy magic.

Sauce?