Avengers 676 preview

So are they just going to gloss over that time Voyager slapped Janet?

Where the rest?

It's a preview. This is all there is minus the cast page

Also waste of dubs

Actually, it is perfect.

The kooky quintet

Im a sucker for classic art used next to modern stuff. Also jesus fuck its obviously Val Richards. She has the same name as Val. That shit is only a coincidence 20% of the time.
It's like Madeline Pryor all over again.

>Cap's Kooky Quintet

>they finally brought back Voyager
AT LAST. Why did it take them so long, bros?

You Remember that time when voyager stopped ms. Marvel from having a baby?

Why are they retreading this? It's the Sentry all over again.

Does he have a license to practice medicine? Seems to me that a pseudo scientist is breaking the law. He can't even explain a simple time paradox.

How about that time when she slept with Rogue? Gambit didn't complain then.

Who's the Sentry?

At least they're doing it a little differently by sliding her into classic stories, which I don't think they did with Sentry. Also, unlike most of those kinds of stories with Sentry and Blue Marvel, I think this whole thing is going to turn out to be Grandmaster or that other new villain bullshitting them.

More like Triumph. But honestly I like the idea no matter how many times it's done.

It’s like Sentry only worse considering that we have this nonexistent character being inserted into the history of the team and everyone is singing her praises. The fact that we know nothing about her, she reads like a damn Mary Sue right now

Well who hasn't slapped Jan?

Exactly!

There's no way Pepe is the artist for the full weekly, is he? Seems like he'd be too slow of an artist to handle 16 weekly issues without any fill-in.

Or the time she let Carol go to Marcus's rape dimension.

This would have been better if all the pages were more like that Avengers #1.
Like, set it up, so she WAS always there... just..of panel every time. cutoff by bad printing, the bleed, the gutter, and panel boundaries.

have 2 page spreads, where she was in the gutter, hidden by the staple.

>Fantastic Quads
Valeria shenanigans confirmed.

Yeah, but you're likely supposed to notice that they're giving other people's lines to her. The whole thing is supposed to come off as eerie.

Gambit didn't know Rogue yet when that happened though. Didn't Voyager die in Avengers #71?

The previews for future issues that Brevoort posted show her fighting Triumph in the Squadon Sinister arc. I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb until seeing that, since it shows a level of awareness that I can get on board with.

>The fact that we know nothing about her, she reads like a damn Mary Sue right now
I'm pretty sure that's the whole point. The Avengers are all being manipulated into believing this character is one of the most legendary Avengers ever. And probably for malicious reasons.

Poor Pym, she stole his lines.

Took the words right outta my fingers. Combined with the whole editor's notes as if to make one believe she was there all along, it's obvious you're meant to think she's too weird of a self-insert. Jumping straight into the "Mary Sue" thing is very lazy, user.
>Triumph
>Created by: Mark Waid
But of course! It makes sense.

funny thing is she is a mary sue by the original meaning of the term.

Indeed, that page hits all the landmarks. But we know that's not what user meant.

I wonder what Squadron Sinister Triumph's name is

Probably Victory or something.

"Sieg", of course.

Uncultured swine.

>Disrupting the dynamic of the Kooky Quarter
How dare she?!

Yeah I think that is the point, especially hiw she's in every Avengers team and stealing lines from other members.

She is most likely manipulating the Avengers and when Jarvis wakes up he's most likely going to go "Who dis bitch?"

Yeah, think about it...
-Cap: Frozen.
-Jan: Frozen.
-Iron Man: Missing
-Thor: Somewhere else.
-Hulk: Dead, will be revived in the event.
-Pym: Pymtron.

Jarvis is the only one that can say if she's a founding Avengers or not.

The fact people whine Mary Sue when something is obviously wring saddens me

only the first month IIRC

I can't wait to waifu Voyager you guys

So how long till she gets kicked out of the Avengers Task Force then goes evil and killed by Ghost Rider?

I apparently waifued Voyager since the 90s.

Must I remind you guys of her fuck ups during Galactic Storm?

Some people didn't like the Sentry the first time it happened.

In a Quinjet

So now that we know Val is retconning an alter ego into the Avengers history, can we refloat the theory that Sentry was Franklin doing the same?

then is turned into a living statue and left in the Avengers mansion, only to die for real when it blows up during, uh, Infinity Crisis or something

Valorie is an already established avenger or brand new? I don't get it.

Brand new, retconned into the past like Sentry, Blue Marvel, Avenger X, Forget-Me-Not and Triumph (in DC).

Even if she isn't a "founding Avenger", Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch still remember her being on the team with them.
Going by previews, it seems like Voyager "disappeared" after the Avengers' fight with the Squadron Sinister in the Grandmaster vs Kang game.

The shilling is cringeworthy.

"You were the best among all of us, new character!"

But it isn't. The Sentry was supposed to be real but forgotten, Voyager is fake but everybody remembers. By the end of this story they'll all realize the truth, and that's not even taking into consideration that Voyager could be a villain.

But that's the whole point. It's all fake, they're convinced that she was the best because that's what their memory tells them. Somebody wants them to trust Voyager.
It's like Tsukishima from Bleach, who made everyone think he was their bestest friend who was always there and help defeat Aizen.

>It's like Tsukishima from Bleach
Was that supposed to convince me that this is good?

It's not even the first time Marvel does it. Remeber Sentry's funeral? "Oh, he was the best among all of us, I hated him a little only because I knew he was a better man than I am, blablabla..."

>It's not even the first time Marvel does it. Remeber Sentry's funeral? "Oh, he was the best among all of us, I hated him a little only because I knew he was a better man than I am, blablabla..."
Like I said The difference is that the Sentry is intended to be real by the writers and editors, everything those people said at the funeral was supposed to be true. Here, everything they say about Voyager is completely false, the fact that they're shilling her so much shows that whoever is behind this went out of their way to make sure the Avengers would totally trust Voyager.

Triumph died as he lived: Wrong Place, Wrong Time.

lol