One thing is clear: Americans made their voices heard, and more voters chose Hillary Clinton than any other candidate...

One thing is clear: Americans made their voices heard, and more voters chose Hillary Clinton than any other candidate. Even though Clinton won over 200,000 more popular votes, the Electoral College allowed Trump to win.

This is the fifth time in American history, and only 16 years since voters chose Al Gore but got George W. Bush instead, that the Electoral College overruled the will of the American people.

We believe every vote should count equally, regardless of where you live in the United States. But thanks to the Electoral College, our presidential elections are based on state winner-take-all laws that award all of a state's electoral votes to the candidate receiving the most popular votes inside each separate state.

As a result, presidential candidates have no reason to pay attention to voters in states where they are safely ahead or hopelessly behind. Instead, candidates focus on “swing states” while largely ignoring the rest of the country.

But there’s a realistic path to doing away with the Electoral College's ability to overturn the popular vote, and we don’t have to go through the Trump-led, Republican-controlled Congress.

If we can get enough states to sign onto the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, our presidents will be elected by the national popular vote.

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact would require states to award all their electoral votes to whichever presidential candidate wins the national popular vote.

And we already have momentum to getting this enacted nationally: Right now, ten states and the District of Columbia have joined the compact, possessing 165 electoral votes altogether.

If states and territories totaling at least 270 electoral votes pass laws joining the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, then the people’s choice won’t be overruled by the Electoral College in the next presidential election.

That means we're only 105 votes to go to make sure we don’t have another 2016 in 2020!

didn't read lol

didn't read lol

didn't read lol

Didn't read lol

States rights > Individual rights

Also, this (slim by comparison) majority came from California, a state with no voter ID laws, no roll purges and full of illegals who Trump wants to deport.

OP you are an idiot, the states would need to do a constitutional convention and it would need ratified by 34 of the states. the US is not a democracy it is a representative republic. I can not believe the number of CTR Idiots there are.

tl;dr lol

>because this will be any different to the 2000 election

Kys niggerfaggot

we aren't voting for the president of california

choke on a dick

aye tl;dr my friend

Ok we'll do it for next election

;p

I have a better idea. Forced IDs at voting booths.

Funny how this is only an issue after someone is elected that they don't like.

Basically this

Wasn't Trump projected popular vote winner? Some states real slow reporting

If you don't like how America is run you can always leave.

There's a reason that the system was set up the way it was rather than having a simple majority rule.

You didnt say that shit when Hillary won popular vote against Obongo in the 2008 primaries faggot

fuck off CTR

ITT: complete asshole globalist shit, enjoy never having a say over illegals and dead people you filthy evil shit.

>be democratic party
>get presidency
>prime the economy for collapse with shirt policies and stupid bailouts
>allow an election to by "stolen" by a white nationalist by rigging the electoral college
>economic collapse
>impeach whitey
>abolish the electoral college cuz it's what allow him to get elected
>reign supreme over all of the United states for the rest of eternity because there is no long a system in place to prevent the will of high population, left leaning, metropolitan city from dominating federal elections
The next 9/11 will happen during trumps term. He is the next bush; he's the fall guy. They knew his ego was his greatest weakness.

When Trump literally ends up saving America by the end of his presidency, nobody will care about this, and everyone will vote for whoever Trump endorses, even liberals, because thew will be in such awe and how great he made America.

STFU

didn't read

Op is faggot

>One thing is clear: Americans made their voices heard, and more voters chose Hillary Clinton than any other candidate.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU C-RATED JOURNALIST WHO CAN'T EVEN GET A JOB AT SNOPES

I'M TIRED OF HEARING YOUR COPY PASTA SHIT

SKITTER THE FUCK OFF AND ACCEPT THE FACT YOU LOST THE ELECTION, DIPSHIT

Oh god it's happening, the Jews are pissed their Jewish shit was seem through and are insuring we are forever slaves.
Fuck, I legitimately wish we never let these shits in, I curse my ancestors for Fucking their descendants for eternity.

If it wasn't for the election fraud and illegals voting, you wouldn't have got the popular vote.

Make mandatory voter ID laws and then get back with us.

States rights bitch. Direct democracy is retarded. Try harder fag.

Need an amendment you stupid fuck.
3/4 of states must ratify.
Never happen.

But das racist! It's 2016 America is not for the Americans goy, why haven't you fed and bled to death for your gods and masters goy, why must you live goy, Fucking die you little shit.

>One thing is clear: Americans made their voices heard, and more voters chose Hillary Clinton than any other candidate.
RETARD, RETARD, RETARD

VOTES ARENT ALL COUNTED RETARD ONLY 93% OF THEM RETARD CNN SAID TRUMP WOULD GET THE POPULAR VOTE RETARDED RETARD

It helps combat the taking over of our nation through mass immigration and subterfuge.

Im not sure if you're trying to promote real discussion or what, because there's an unnatural amount of threads similar to yours the past few days, but I'll bite.

If the American people "chose the president", 100 million registered voters wouldn't have stayed home and not voted. The ones who stayed home know how it works, the ones who voted know, and I'm sure even the unregistered people know:
THE STATES VOTE FOR THE PRESIDENT, THE STATES VOTE HOW THE PEOPLE VOTE

If Hillary happens to win popular vote it means literally nothing because the election was NOT a competition for popular vote, as evidenced by 100 million registered voters not participating. The game was 270 to win, and your President-Elect Donald J. Trump is the winner of this competition. Trying to get a redoosie because you lost is ungracious, pathetic, and threatens the foundations of our soon to be great again republic

With Michigan counted trump won the popular vote too.

Didn't read

U only win with fake votes and illegals, cuck. The founding fathers created the electoral college to save the american people from voting for an evil candidate. Which it has. 50% of american population live in just a few counties. It is 100% unfair for city niggers to rule us all.

>over 200,000
you mean 0.4% more, don't try and make it sound like a lot lol. No way you would be arguing for this if the roles were reversed, go away shill.

KYS also didn't read lul

I can't fathom any reason anybody can be against requiring ID to vote unless they want to rig elections

Didn't read, lol

Look at this pic, you dumb nigger.

If the popular vote was used, California, New York and Massachusetts would be the ones electing a President.

Hence the Electoral College. Hence the UNITED STATES of America.

If you were in a state like Idaho, Montana or Louisiana, your vote would be worth even less than with the electoral college.

Clinton niggers are so butthurt, so much molasses is up their ass about this election.

38 actually, it's 3/4th