It's been 662 days since the Venture Bros season 6 finale aired

It's been 662 days since the Venture Bros season 6 finale aired

Cool. We're only a tenth of the way to S7!

how long do they take with the seasons again? 4 years?

LOL, this image is perfect!

Go team Venture!

New season this november, right?

Venture Bros is the only time where I don't get worried over the extended hiatuses, if only because they've proven that the actually use all of that time to make the show as good as it can be.

Venture Bros might be the only show in existence that hardly ever experiences any drop in quality. Season 1 is by far the toughest to get through and it just gets better from there.

It sucks that it takes so long for each season to come out, but fuck if I can argue with the results.

Oh God.

this

I felt like last season was too short.

Oh god it really has been that long. It feels like yesterday I was jerking it to Dr. Girlfriend's ass

Yesterday I was and The Monarchs

Apparently there was some sort of miscommunication about how long season 6 was going to be or how episodes would be counted.
All This and Gargantua-2 apparently ended up counting as two episodes towards season 6's episode limit, but the show runners didn't realize that until it was too late.

Same here. They were able to get away with taking 3 years to make season 5 because of how much the story progressed and how spot-on the pacing was, but they didn't really resolve anything they introduced this season. I honestly hope they conclude the series with this next season, 7 seasons in 15 years is just too long to wait.

>Season 1 is by far the toughest to get through and it just gets better from there.
Hard agree

I usually just skip around Season 1 when introducing VB to people

My main problem with season 1 is how harsh and cold it is, like 2000's era simpsons or modern family guy. Basically just a mean show. They were still trying to be as overtly raunchy and "adult" as possible. Its funny, because now I like the show because it has so much heart behind it.

holy shit ts been so long last time a venture bros episode came out Obama was president

>show takes literal years between seasons to get it just right
>"lol here's an episode cap because fuck you"

>Rick and Morty fans complain when they have to wait 1.5 years for a new season.
>...

It's rough but I have trouble going back through season 5. SPHINX just isn't good and the rest of it was a mixed bag of great and bland.

I've been watching this show for longer than I've been on Sup Forums.

I don't know about that. Are You There God? It's Me, Dean, is my go to introduction.

It's only been 13 years.

But everything before the 6th episode production-wise, with the exception of orpheus, is super hard to watch.

Holy shit what the fuck I thought that was like a year ago.

I wouldn't say hard, just not as good.
It's like "who gives a fuck really" which is all the worse because if someones trying to get you to watch it they'll probably hype it a bit atleast.
Also despite not being as good they still build up some shit that'll come back later.

It's a problem because the episodes are kind of necessary for the characters and general setting working from season 2 onwards.

I have given up on introducing the show to people though; the best reaction I've gotten so far in the last few years is "It's OK but there's nothing new about it". It's difficult for people to get into it right now because all the ground-breaking stuff is been mainstream'd to death in the years since, and just explaining how good the character development is and how it's a show that gives zero fucks about constantly shattering its own status quo doesn't seem to work, even if that's still rare nowadays.

Loving this show is pain

I'd power through it, if only because they set up the whole "Dawn" joke, and the fact that they actually call back to that all the way through Season 3 is amazing.

>"Dawn" joke
Explain please.

I honestly love this show, but the hiatus is a pain and any place of discussion about it outside of this board is dead.
Doesn't help that most people I know IRL don't even remember it exists until I say:-

>"remember that one Adult Swim show with the villain butterfly called the Monarch? Y'know, Venture Bros.? Yeah yeah, it's the show where one of the brothers looks like Fred from Scooby Doo."

Every time I load up season 2 the song instantly brings me back.

Hank and Dean's "long lost sister", notice how they get inordinately excited whenever the word comes up.

Agree that season one is HIDEOUS and main reason why it’s hard for people to get into. It’s my favorite cartoon of all time, though. Can’t wait for layer this year. Seriously nothing compares at all for me,

Just however long it takes them.

I'd rather have an eighth, but no more after that.

That first episode with Orpheus, though, is fucking fantastic.

>What did you put IN there?!
>Nothing.

>Later this year

It's coming out 2019, I thought.

Venture Bros is the single greatest show to binge rewatching

I think I've seen the whole series 4, maybe 5, times over now thanks to the Adult Swim stream and holy shit man you realize just how much buildup there is to literally everything

Also so many god damn jokes go over your head the first couple times that it only hits you NOW that Henchmen 21's name is Gary Fischer or that Phantom Limb's costume is the same as The Phantom's but without any limbs

Nope, Adult Swim flashed up a timer to the Season 7 premier a few months back, it runs out on 11 November of this year.

why not just do one last season and call it quits at this point.

>Henchmen 21's name is Gary Fischer
?

Reminder they're already on contract to do season 8..

>Season 7 and 8 confirmed for deepest lore.

S06E07

Gary Fischer?

Here's a hint: Star Wars

Oh that's good, like how Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons was originally going to be called Louis Lane.

you know, I would make jokes how long venture bros has been on air

but The Simpsons always takes all these jokes to the next level. The Simpsons WILL outlive Venture Bros.

I remember the first time I saw it, I quickly binged the whole show. It was right before Season 6 came out. The only dip in quality was Season 5 but even then that was pretty small.
>Its already been 2 years
Holy shit.