Skilled worker shortage

>skilled worker shortage
how do we fix it?

I think we could set up a sort of job-training system, like college but for jobs. Since it's unfair to expect businesses to waste time and money training some college brat who thinks his degree makes him qualified for anything, they could do something like provide slots to fill their jobs in which a candidate pays the company to train him with the skills necessary for the job, run a brief testing and trial period at the job, and then the company can choose among the top performers.

how does Sup Forums propose to fix the worker shortage?

More trade schools, less colleges?

So...an apprenticeship?

i say we post froggy pictures and hope to get cool numbers cus thats how we got trump elected duh

Stop trying to make money from the university treadmill, and start teaching actual skills again?

You don't need vocational skills for jobs. You need jobs. Meaning you need manufacturing. You are trained on the job. Even for management, the training takes place on the job. This first requires that your country has jobs.

i got ur back fren

Stop stigmatizing blue collar work and harping on them. Seriously, it cost the Democrats an election. Now is a perfect time to understand that the working class actually isn't just purely retarded hicks you can abuse.

Tax breaks and incentives for companies that take on inexperienced people, also pay for the workers job related education. Free night classes, etc.

You dummy there isnt a skilled worker shortage. Who the fuck told you that, CNN?

there is a job shortage. And we fix it by removing free trade, and kicking out the illegals.

Kill the globalists.

Make america great again.

Also: pay them more.

gd bye ..fren

This. We need commitment. Given an employee who will stick with one thing for years and not just jump at the first slightly higher-paying alternative, and an employer who will not gut their own plants and fly in H1B slaves, all things are possible.

buy fren

Labor shortage is good for us you retard. That's why electricians and plumbers can make 90,000 a year just by applying themselves and seeking out clients and why the millions of recent grads with over saturated degrees make 40,000.

Workers vs. Employers

The one that has more scarcity is the one that has higher value. Currently our economy is scarce of Employers.

Tuition-free college.

this. I work for a huge corporation and when looking for applicants they want someone with experience and ready to do that specific job. The company does not want to waste time and money on training people.

yea thats all we need more safe space womens studies majors

stop bringing in workers from china and india. They fuck shit up just like the beaners only in the skilled jobs instead.