Adventure time

I wasn't around this board often when adventure time was big here and now I'm watching it and I'm wondering what you all think.

Good show that became an awful slog. Left such a bad taste in my mouth that I stopped watching and never want to see it again. Some say it has bounced back but fuck if I care.

When do you say it gets bad? So far it's been pretty consistent. On Season 5.

you want my honest opinion? this show is basically the worst thing to happen to animation
practically everyone's face is too simple, the animation sucks, the comedy feels like it was written by people in their 50s trying to appeal to kids, and the "drama" of this show doesn't fit

of course, the cancer known as steven universe and ok ko both sprung from this show's shit, but what else can you expect?

stop lying. it was never that good

One of, if not my favorite shows. Hit a rough patch around late season 4 that lasted until season 6. I quit watching it around that time because of things like Orgalorg and Breezy. Couple of months ago I saw some stuff about Islands and decided to give it another go cause I heard good things about it, and was super happy I did cause I enjoyed the hell out of it. Since season 7 it's been great again and produced three awesome mini-series' Stakes, Islands, and Elements though the last two are stronger than the first. I ain't perfect, but it's still one of my favorite shows.

It reminded me a lot of radio serials, where it's just the continuing adventures of Finn in the land of Ooo, where there are overarching stories and characters but you witness them in an episodic nature. I was really enjoying it until Finn meets his dad and the lich is turned into a baby. Then Finn moped around for a couple episodes It just left a bad taste in my mouth and I didn't feel like watching anymore, but I came back around and watched some of the newer episodes. Huntress Wizard is cute

Shit show that became even shittier. All that's left who watch it are shippers.

One of, if not the best cartoon this decade. Never went downhill, it's been good the whole way through.

funny show to watch stoned that everyone hates after rebecca sugar and pen ward left, i still love it i don't give a hog shit

The whole show should've just been about Lemongrab

It's a nice variety show, I'm going to miss it when it finally ends this year.

You won't find another show with more varied opinions on it than AT.

I feel the same. It sort of lost its way and took itself too seriously for a bit, but the episodes were always thought provoking

It is incredibly divisive for so many reasons.

>It was good and then it got popular and now I hate it, but now that people are getting over it I might start liking it again.
Saved you the pain of bothering to try and talk to these people.

Those were better times.

Does Sup Forums posses the ability to get that genuinely hype anymore?

Even if people ended up hating it, Samurai Jack season 5 shows that we can.

Stopped watching at the gazorpazorp arc.
>build hype around this new cosmic villain
>haha he's jack nicholson and isn't intimidating or scary at all
>and he gets beaten pretty easily, by finn

helps that the mods stickied the livewatch every week

It still happens. We just don't get as many big things anymore.

post more of these if you got em, they're warming my long dead heart

About Adventure Time, or just Sup Forums being hype in general?

Did you get to creepy depressed fin yet?

Finn suffers enough in life. You want him to fail at being a hero too? The series wouldn't be the same if Deus Ex Machina helped Finn out once in awhile.

I was thinking of old AT related stuff but general hype things will be nice too as long as you wanna keep going

I don't have any other AT ones. There are some moments I remember that were amazing.
Like the thread for the premier of the episode where it ended with Tree Trunks eating the crystal apple and exploding in season 1; that was fucking tops blooby, man.
I wish I had a screen cap of that thread. The confusion was palpable.

Wish there were archives for before 2012, god damn it. Before I die I just wanna see a few things from awhile back. The Ed Edd n Eddy movie thread, the premiere of AT and RS threads, stuff like that

I saw that once or twice in the archive, it was fun reading. That was one of the really early AT threads from when Flapjack was still around and they used the same thread, just rolled right over.
I distinctly remember people laughing at the tentacle monster thing and then of course there was the massive wave of "WTF JUST HAPPENED" and everyone laughing at the balls of the show to do something like that.

You couldn't have seen it in the archives if it were before 2012

Then I guess it was before 2012 cause I definitely saw it at one point, no idea when.

If they were saved on chanarchive, there's a chance an archive of the archived thread is saved on wayback.

I'm looking at that right now and there's a lot there.

If we're speaking classics, do you have a screenshot of when Sup Forums reacted to Mordecai saying pissed?

Sorry, I do not. I don't think I was ever in Regular Show threads when it was still new and edgy.

Remember when "fucking hipsters" was a common insult instead of the new made up word garbage derived from twisting the names of other sites?

First time episode 15 of Sym-Bionic Titan aired was something.

And then when it re-aired on toonami.

Oh, but I do have something. This is one of the times the AT staff showed up in the threads to talk about an episode.

"The Pit" specifically.

I think I might have the sticky notes doodles a member of the staff posted where the goblin king does his mind limb swapping power and replaces Finn's arm with his (censored) dick.

I miss when cartoons I gave a shit about's crew members dropped by Sup Forums, but then eventually Sup Forums molded with Sup Forums as a whole and the mainstream view for those crew members was "that place is evil hakers!!" and they stopped visiting, it wasn't even because of the ragging and shitting on them which has been a thing forever

Most I see these days are webcomic artists who drop by. Some of the really good ones were here before they got recognized as good by the mainstream and they keep coming back here.

Then there was the time Nat and Pen got into a doodle fight in a thread.

I remember one time I got banned because Sup Forums thought my link to Nat's doodle journal was spam after story timing her "Normal Life" series.

Jesse specifically showed up a lot when his episodes were airing, I always felt he hated Sup Forums but couldn't stay away

Nat used to drawfag for us sometimes. Before everything went to shit and the fanbase went rabid and turned on everyone.

Before the Bee and Puppycat mess.

Before Sup Forums hated lesbians.

Fionna and Cake exists because someone on Sup Forums asked Nat to draw gender swapped Finn and Jake. Originally Cake looked a lot like Garfield. I don't seem to have that drawing despite having seen it many times.

The episodes being made was like a love letter to us.

>Before Sup Forums hated lesbians.
oh hush, the same people that loved it then love it now, waifufag masturbater viewers, and it doesn't help how shitty the social void is on the subject in general since then, it's always if there's a lesbian it's pandering because it's usually true anymore

Ah, wait, I do have it. It just has a different file name than I thought it had.

Saved it later than I thought too since the timestamp isn't when it was originally posted.

Marvel at it, this drawing is what lead to the Fionna and Cake episodes being made.

Fionna the stick and female Garfield.

>3 episodes left

Jesus

Remind me why "The First Investigation" ended the way it did if there's only a handful of episodes left?

you'll get there. you'll...you'll get there.

episodes left
did i miss something after the bomb with first investigation in it

Here it is.

I don't think he ever posted it anywhere but on Sup Forums.

I think I have other ones too where Finn and PB are naked in a hot spring and Jake is telling Finn to do the science dance.
Don't think I can post that on Sup Forums.

Nah man we got 8 more, but it'll still be a tight fit.

Whoa shit the Science Dance was made by someone on the show? Wow, how risque. And yeah that is pretty funny.

>official female character lewds
damn it fucking post it post it now fuck

I always prefered stick Fionna to THICC Fionna, feels less like fanart and more like the actual female version of Finn

Says so on the wiki, but wikis have been wrong before

Well that gives them a bit more time.

Still fells like an odd thing to do though. Storylines need to be wrapping up, not opening again

post it to imgur ot the booru then link it

You're not wrong, but Nat did say she liked drawing what was cute/sexy over what made sense.
That's why IQ is a total babe and not skinny old hag.

I'm pretty sure it was. A lot of the AT crew hung around Sup Forums back when there were constant AT drawthreads.

I'd have to find it first. I don't think you saw much of PB in it since her hair was in the way.

I'm going through folders I haven't opened in years.

Might as well get some damn use out of having this board It was in my AT folder where I put all the pics I could never discern the artists of.

Like this pic, which I'm posting because it's amusing to me.

mmm official pb lewds

Forget that flat bitch, check dat ass on my nigga Jake, no homo

Don't get me started. There was an entire thread, A WHOLE THREAD, where Nat drew fat Jake.

Ever since the breast edit threads stopped being allowed on Sup Forums I've been wondering where I can post my canyon nude edits but have them be seen by Sup Forums AT fans, and I'm not going to tumblr.

/aco/ my man

Lemongrab was the only remotely interesting part of the show but they reduced him to memes and ignored him

I kinda felt like AT was a millennial giant in 2010 and 2011 and by 2015 no one paid much attention to it and it was the last cartoon to blow up like that

It's divisive and debated, but a lot of people seem to reach the consensus that the show went downhill fast after Fire and Ice.

The idea of Finn sabotaging his own relationship for a wet dream is stupid, no matter how you spin it.

First couple seasons were ok, then it became obnoxiously obsess d with being intellectual or deep.

It also really did some damage to the state of animation. Its offbeat designs and humor became an obsessive staple for 99% of the cartoons that followed.

Yeah, Orgalorg felt wasted.

>Powerful godlike monster shown to be at the beginning of time
>Came out again due to the alignment of "doors" of opportunity
>Planned to become all powerful on a cosmic scale
>Not the Lich

>being this mad over a children's cartoon on a Scandinavian throat-fucking forum

That's Sup Forums and their blacked obsession
We are on the korean cotton-picking forum side of this website

in general we used to like it until season 4 more or less, them it all came down, it got some good episode in the last seasons and now is kind of nice, but the damage is alredy done, overall i still like it and im going to miss this show, and many of us here are going to miss it

It seems like it had decent lore but once the quest was won, it didn't end. They just expanded towards shit nobody cared about and they gave backstories to plot points that didn't deserve them. Its not really a bad show, it just didn't die when it needed to.

I would say the most hype shit that happened was the neck slice. No one saw it coming and everyone freaked the fuck out

Eh, it’s probably not as bad when you’re binge watching it but depressed season 5 Finn felt rushed, out of place, and grating

This. I rewatched The Mountain with a more open and analytical mind and I actually really enjoyed and understood it.

this is the literal opposite of the truth. lemongrab started out as a meme and became more interesting. the mountain is the culmination of his character arc.