Why the hell do comics "journalists" keep trying to tell me this is good...

Why the hell do comics "journalists" keep trying to tell me this is good? This is one of the worst comic books I've ever read, and it's not even fucking done. Is it just because it's being "subversive" by asking the same tired questions literally everyone else has had? Is it because I'm supposed to be intrigued that both Joker AND Batman are written 100% OOC to justify a plotline that isn't even worth checking my brain at the door? Is it because it's a completely unsubtle attempt to influence the primary DC comics by whitewashing all the actions of "nu"-Harley as the actions of an imitator, while the original is still the good ol' one people remember?

What the fuck is the appeal? More to the point, what the fuck has got all these jackasses so firmly in its pocket?

Maybe they just like it and have a different opinion from you

>caring about opinions of comic reviewers
Lel.

Why do you think your (((((opinion))))) matters more than theirs?

Those people are called Shills, and desperately want you to support a book from the company that pays them

Its an elseworlds, you can feel about it anyway you want really

I'm with you OP. Instead of a single circumstantial pivot like most What Ifs/Elseworlds are based on the characters in this are all over the place & bent for no other reason other than to force his fanfic plot.

Because he’s a consumer, and they are just advertisers

Who is that hotty?

The real Harley Quinn. In this universe, the nu52 Harley is some cutter who Joker thought was the original Harley. When Joker became sane, he dumped her got back with old Harley. NuHarley got mad and became Neo-Joker hoping to make Jack mad enough to become the Joker again

It's a Batman product. The masses will write off characters like Aquaman, even the great stories about them, but will eat up anything Batman, even if it's shit.

>are written 100% OOC
It's an Elseworlds.

>Great stories about Aquaman
Johns' Aquaman was shilled hard by reviewers and fans everywhere, in spite of being uninspired and bad.

When the whole premise of the comic is, at least in the author's explanation, a critique of who Batman is as a vigilante as well as his methods, it feels like intentionally undercutting yourself when the Batman in your story is wholly different as a vigilante with different methods.

But he isn't. The only significant difference is that due to Alfred Bruce is more angry and prone to violence than normal. Same shit happened when Jason died.

He was like that before Alfred though, and ludicrously prone to collateral damage and general mayhem.

>and ludicrously prone to collateral damage and general mayhem.

Just like any modern day Batman story.

Hey buddy, I'd just like to correct the record a moment, there are no shills! That's a lie spread by hateful manbabies who want you to miss out on this golden age of pop culture

I’m a Joker fan and I love seeing him as the hero

Why the hell are you listening to retards user?

they probably like it because its something new to them.

That sounds really dumb.

>oh gosh we remembered this extra Harley we had lyin' around

Or, you know, they aren't autistic and can appreciate things that are different from the normal canon, especially when it's an Elseworlds story where the fucking point is to be different.

The elseworld doesn't go far enough and the writing is bad. Joker and batman being reversed could be interesting but this execution is terrible.

>The elseworld doesn't go far enough

That's not an argument, that's just your biased opinion.

General promise is a good one and there are interesting scenes here and there, art is also high quality. Just see this as some sort of the what if kind of story.

That's more to do with Johns being one of the few capeshit only writers with an actual fanbase that can boost numbers.

still a interesting ride somehow

Found the shill.

Journalists are paid for those news and this comic isn't different besides that book sells a lot at least 90-100ks by issue with reprints so it doesn't matter if it's bad or good. Twilight was important because of the fanbase even if the plot and characters were shit for teenagers.

Stories with The Joker always get attention, they're like events

>This is one of the worst comic books I've ever read
That's a bit much, but it certainly isn't very good.

I think I hate it specifically because its advertisement has so heavily sold itself as being an original take with heavy questions about the Batman, but any veteran comic fan will notice that it's not really original at all, and is posing the exact same derivative questions as absolutely every comic in this vein that has come before. And there have been many.

John’s Aquaman WAS good though, user...