Twice in the last 16 years the democrats have won the popular vote and "lost" the election

>twice in the last 16 years the democrats have won the popular vote and "lost" the election
>US "democracy"

It is not a democracy.

FPBP
We are a democratic republic

It's a republic NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!1 DEMOCRACY IS 2 WOLVES EATING A SHEEPLE VEERRRRYY BAAAAD!!

WE NEED INSTITUTIONALIZED AND LEGITIMIZED GERRYMANDERING

WE NEED WHAT OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD CALL PURE CORRUPTION

WE NEED

THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE

t. founding fathers

if there were proper voter IDs they wouldn't have

Stop saying this. We are not a democratic republic.

Constitutionally limited Federal Republic.

exactly. We're a constitutional republic.

First, Trump has more votes.

Second, California alone doesn't get to decide entire elections, hence electoral college system.

What you need to get into office: 270 electoral votes
What you don't need to get into office: The popular vote

What's so hard to understand?

the dems didn't win the pop vote, check again. they finished counting them

Votes from illegal aliens do not count. When the official count comes in, and these illegal alien votes are discarded, you will see that Hillary lost by a good amount.

>The process of election affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States. It will not be too strong to say, that there will be a constant probability of seeing the station filled by characters pre-eminent for ability and virtue.

Funny how no one was complaining about the EC until their guy lost

Under a popular vote system, PEOPLE vote and not states. The voter's residence would be totally irrelevant.

I don't live in a democracy
do you?

Okay, now I'm confused. What IS the government of America? I remember learning about it in school but it was a cluster fuck of conflicting information.

I'm starting to think no one has a consensus on this.

What about the 2008 democrat primaries? Obama got the nomination despite losing the popular vote to Hillary (by a wider margin than Trump).

This is because the most densly populated areas are the big cities, which are all fairly democratic. If the electoral college didn't exist, a democratic party would be in the white house at all times. That isn't democracy.

Consider this:
If Gore hadn't lost, we'd have had an inconvenient truth shoved up our ass sideways.
The world economy would be thrashed now, and the illuminati would've won already...

REMINDER KIDS

50% +1 vote democracy = mob rule

mob rule is the worst form of government

Correct, it's a representative democracy.

If you want to switch to meritocracy, I'm all for it.

If they switched the gas and the clutch you'd accelerate with your left foot, and if they switched the way our votes were aggregated we'd behave differently. There is no reason at all to suppose that elections would have substantially different outcomes under a different aggregation method except in the case where we *say* we have one aggregation method (EC), wait for everyone to vote, then decide after votes are cast to use a different aggregation method (popular vote).

You're retarded. People would literally only focus on appealing to the large cities if elections were decided by the popular vote.

>The voter's residence would be totally irrelevant if the voter's residence would be totally irrelevant.
>What is a tautology for 100, Alex.

I'm starting to think America is an oligarchy at this point.

Representative Democracy (Psephocracy)

Nothing wrong with Mobocracy if Anarcho-Communist society

Otherwise not breddy good :DD

Well yes, but the illusion of the system is representative democracy.

Not actual democracy, otherwise we'd be voting a whole lot more.

US is not a democracy, it is a constitutional republic

learn to civics, faggot.

>implying the Bush family aren't the real globalist mooks

Save us, Gore

Hilton was a massive faggot and I hate him but this is one of the few things he was very right about. People are stupid and guilable and will fall for any person who tells them what they want to hear. Which is how a cuck like Sanders got so far

>Oligarchy meme

We don't live in an oligarchy, General Electric can't magically buy votes despite what retards like Bernie Sanders claim. At the end of the day, a person's vote decides it all but here in our republic, the vote is tempered so we don't have mob rule. We're a republic of states, not people

>Majority of states elected president
Literally what is the problem here?

We already gave them the extra votes based on population and they still lost.

>democrats losing is bad
OP just can't stop sucking those dicks.

Hamilton was probably the greatest founder
9/10 of the safeguards from mob rule came came form him and jefferson

not knowing we live in a republic should be punishable by death desu senpai

The U.S has and always will be a republic. Deal with it. Commie faggot

>him and jefferson
Madison*
fugg

Obama won the election, Romney won the popular vote.

>call ec unfair
>want it replaced with fptp
Fuck off faggot, at least demand instant-runoff

>Democrats put in "le no id voting is radcis :D :D :D"
>Surprised when your majority vote is over written when you are submitting votes of dead people en-mass

Romney didn't win the popular vote

*Democratic Republic

Trump is projected to win popular vote once counting is finished.

This election was so absurdly close that I can hardly understand outrage at the majority not being heard, when the margin that decides who the "majority" is, is so very small.

They should, because that's the majority of America. The minority doesn't make decisions.

Hillary got at least two million illegal votes from illegal aliens. She also got another ten to fifteen million from rigged machines and dead people. She got BTFO so hard she couldn't win with the establishment trying to steal it.

The cities are already calling the shots in the "blue" sates, now you want the whole country?

a republic is a type of democracy you fucking idiot

It doesn't matter where they are, just that they're the majority of the people in this country. Even if it's not what's best for America, the majority decides what it wants to have in office.

>thinking that matters

>when the reason is because of federal government

>it doesn't matter where they are
Yes it does. Again america is not a democracy.

Imagine this for a moment.
51 people live in a desert and 49 people live in a rainforest. Now imagine those 51 people voted to ban water usage of more than 3 gallons a day. How is that fair to the people in the rain forests? Why should we not develop a system where the people in the rainforest get more of an equal say as the people in the desert so that no politician can pander to desert people with water bans.

Also Hillary didn't win the majority vote.

It's Republic you idiot.

America should be a democracy. And fuck the rainforest people, if they wanted water they should have had more babies. If they're the majority, obviously it is morally correct to ban that water usage. They can live with 3 gallons a day.

Yes she did, what are you talking about?

Funny thing is. Neither one got 50% of the popular vote.

Yet the libshits keep screaming about the "majority".

>morally correct to ban water usage

That's like saying millions of beaners are correct for believing that all immigrants deserve rights.

Read Federalist #10.

Only if they became the majority of America.

But being serious you suggestion didn't sound properly analogous to me, the water usage issue seems like it would be handled on a local level rather than a national one. It wouldn't make sense for the desert people to ban everyone from using excess water just because they had to.

>We can't have voter IDs it's racist!
>Obama: No you won't be arrested if you're an illegal voter! iss' coo mah man
>Waah why can't we use popular vote??

Neither of them campaigned to win the popular vote. It's retarded to even mention it

California doesn't control the entire country

Trump was leading in popular vote before California closed.

where the fuck did this meme come from

Without Soros' funny machines to paint red votes blue, Hillary lost the popular vote.

literally because of california

Trump and Gary Johnson won the majority of votes.

I actually like the system because it makes sense.
If the majority in most states wanted candidate X why would they be forced to accept candidate Y that only the illegals and dead people in CA wanted?

>two different people won the majority if you put their votes together

Hillary Clinton didn't win the majority. She won a plurality.

If no candidate can reach a majority of the electorates congress decides the election. I assume this is also how it would work if we switched to a popular vote.

My point was no one won majority. You can't put two people together and say it's the majority.