Tfw Disney uses a Culture only ONCE for a film

>tfw Disney uses a Culture only ONCE for a film
>tfw Disney blew your Culture on a shitty film

For me, it was my home of Scotland. Lived my whole life among these hills, and Disney blows it on one of their worst films.

Tell me, did they blow your culture on a terrible film too?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Duchess_Anastasia_Nikolaevna_of_Russia
sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Spellin_an_grammar
youtube.com/watch?v=OT0yoo9B2Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=hlWTASnnft4
youtube.com/watch?v=_A5CHEmTT5s
youtube.com/watch?v=C1W8KKPmlm4
youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
youtube.com/watch?v=x4sqMNHZxjI
youtu.be/tYg0VgPy6Uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was Pixar

No, but I blew my load over that Merida.

Pics or it didn't happen

Potato nigger

I want a sequel specifically for Merida to have an adventure that lives up to that teaser trailer.

>Tell me, did they blow your culture on a terrible film too?
Not yet, doubt they'd do one on Canada. Btw, my ancestors hail from the Highlands. When I hear the pipes, it calls to my soul.

>doubt they'd do one on Canada

Brother Bear was basically the Canada film.

Brother Bear was alright.

>tfw Irish
>tfw pretty sure there won't be an Irish Disney princess because Scotland is "close enough"

Shit sucks.

Yes.

Yes, I'd have to agree with you on that. I forgot all about that movie.

Not sure if that falls under culture or history.

Who's Disney's bitch. Their movies are all alike now.

And yeh, Brave sucked, expected bafasa redhead warrior, got some spoiled whiny brat who turned her family into bears.

>Implying it isn't close enought

Unless you want a fucking "Troubles Princess", Brave was good enough for you, you fucking Mary-kisser

After this hit job I don't think they'll ever go back to Ireland.

you know, I actually had kind of an idea for an "Irish" princess movie, though technically she was a fey.

Specifically a Tuatha De Dannan.

Also at some point in the movie, seeing as Aois Sidhe is also an underworld of faeries and the dead in some interpretations, the characters would go to a bar and find Merida with an ax stuck in her head. Casually then saying "you think I'm a sight, you should see whot I did ta that poor sod who did this to me." Then thumbs to the seat next to her and the camera just cuts to the casts' grimacing reactions while we hear a voice say "Eh, looks way worse than it feels."

>be venezuelan
>the closest time anyone's gotten to taking inspiration from us was Dredd using the tower of david (aka the rape tower) as reference material

South America had "Emperor's New Groove"

Peru is close to Venezuela, right?

>Venezuelan
>On the internet
Aren't you more worried about finding food, senpai?
lol, seriously tho, take care of yourself senpai, shit sounds bad down in V Town

If I weren't starving right now I'd give you such a paddlin

If you're Scottish, how come you're writing in English?

You one of them self-hating scots?

Mate, that's like calling a Texan a Yew Yorker.

>A disney musical about the Troubles
I'd watch it

>Disney
>touching politics that aren't already 99/1 decoded

You're insane.

>Troubles Princess
I want to see this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Duchess_Anastasia_Nikolaevna_of_Russia

The day Disney pics Argentina for an animated film is the day the industry collapses.

sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Spellin_an_grammar

Not shitty, but we don't even have a princess.
Pixar saved us, with them Pinocchio is the prettiest pretty princess that ever princed.

Oh, op. I feel so sorry for you.

Coco was acceptable

Fuck, just be glad you got two animated films, you dirty mexi

They were both pretty good.

Those checkist bastards.

buck up. you all got leprechauns and a unique accent.
as a latino not from Mexico, I'm probably never gonna see my country in a movie. Quick, name 2 things about Colombia and not Mexico that isn't cocaine or coffee.

Most Scottish culture was invented by English Aristocrats; you're a bunch of communist porridge wogs.

Just watched a couple of videos on the troubles.
What the fuck I didn't know Ireland was a fucking warzone

>Latino
>Not from Mexico

I thought you Centeralos called yourself something different?

that trash heap of a movie wasnt even close to modern day Mexico.

>Troubles Princess

Fuck YES

But not disney, a TRUE troubles princess would swear

youtube.com/watch?v=OT0yoo9B2Bc

no book of life was, is, and forever will be shit in my eyes. seriously what in the fuck was all that bullshit lore for? none of it made sense to me and it all pissed me off, if it weren't for my brother's wife's kid in the room i would've expressed my discontent vocally.

Latinoamerica una sola
gringos go home

Could be worse, Only thing you had before that was sir billi.

it's latino or hispanic. I know there's a difference, but no one cares. Except the Spanish because they're assholes.

This is pretty lit

yeah they really forgot to add the mystical charm that is a government overrun by drug cartels

>not liking the skeletits twins

>gran colombia nunca

Most Irish music is "lit"
youtube.com/watch?v=hlWTASnnft4
youtube.com/watch?v=_A5CHEmTT5s
youtube.com/watch?v=C1W8KKPmlm4

>venezuelaball's stars make a frown
kek

So we just posting paramilitarycore?
youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
youtube.com/watch?v=x4sqMNHZxjI

Has there been any sort of Turk/Serb Princess in all of Disney?

Not Disney, but Rango basically covered the American SW like a boss.

>Lived my whole life among these hills
My condolances

Scrooge mcduck is scottish...

Feels bad man. I fucking love Ireland. You're literally the nicest people on Earth.

>teaser trailer.
youtu.be/tYg0VgPy6Uk
This looks great.

>Spanish because they're assholes.
This so fucking hard.

Not a disney film.
Why does everybody think it's a fucking disney film. The mlp movie evoded classic disney and nobodg thinks disney made that.

They've had 4 Disney films set in my country (France) and none of them get the culure with any authenticity. Ironically the closest might be the Aristocats, the worst movie of the bunch.
But authetically representing your culture isn't what you should expect from Disney movies anyway, they're not movies for people who actually know the place they're set, or care about the story that's being adapted. I bet you got mad at Braveheart too.

Because people are stupid, and Don Bluth pretty clearly tried ti mimic the Disney formula this time. I still liked it, but that's what it was.

Do Valderrama and Iguita count?

>Aristocats
70's Disney shit.
>Ratatouille
Underrated.
>Beauty and the Beast
One of the best.
>Hunchback
The Best.

I mean, can you really complain?

Man, Scotts crack me up.

Shakira and Sofia Vergara?

It is now.

Did I complain? I'm pretty sure I stated the fact that they're not authetic and said that authenticity isn't the factor by which you should judge Disney movies.

At least your culture is important enough to be fucked up

Fair enough. What was so inauthentic?

Why do you believe your culture to be unimportant?

Because since the dawn of history no one wants to make movies of it.

Shame Brave turned out the way it did. Sometimes I wonder what could've been had Pixar not removed Brenda Chapman.

Why have your people not made their own movies

Where are you from?

rewrite is a double edged sword, it could be great or completely unfunny.

I typed a longwinded answer and closed the tab. Goddamnit.

Aristocats I haven't watched in about 2 decades but as a kid I didn't even realize that it was supposed to be taking place in France.

Beauty and the Beast is just straight up generic Europe and not authentic to anything about medieval life. Nothing about it is typically French except maybe some design choices in the castle.

Ratatouille feels anachronistic (mix between movie 1930 Paris with modern cars) and uses some things that make it feel again more like generic Europe or Italy than France (character names, vespa). That results in the movie feeling like it takes place in a fake world.

Hunchback is a bit more authetic to medieval Europe and has some more typically French elements, but changing the tone this much from the original work makes it feel like it whitewashes how dreadful life was at times in the Middle Ages and when Hugo wrote the story.

I can see your point.

But now the million-frank question: What would an AUTHENTIC Disney movie set in France be like?

Is there any animated movie that takes place in Spain?
I can't think of anything.

That's Ireland. These are Sheep Niggers.

Neckties

I feel your pain buddy, they family came from egypt. I'm never gonna get an animated movie to share with my kids that isn't either:

A) about a made up place
B) Portrays egyptians as monsters who deserve all their first borns killed.

And while we're on the subject, I hate how every dude with facial hair, is evil or incompetent. some times i just don't want to shave man.

Not a Disney movie, that was my original point.
A n authentic movie set in medieval France would probably feature someone dying of tuberculosis or syphilis.
An authentic version of Ratatouille would end with the restaurant closing and Skinner going to prison after trying to bribe the health inspector.

Ferdinand.

Not quite the same but I live in Fargo so traveling to coastal states is always a nightmare of people finding out where I'm from & making horrible " oh ya you betcha" & wood chipper jokes

Right, that one.
And it was about bullfighting; fuckidy fucking great.

Have you tried Asterix and Cleopatra? Or Papyrus?

I thought the Welsh were the Sheep Niggers.

And Spanish newspaper hate it

joy

I mean... what would you want it to be about? Tapas? British tourists shitting in pools? Marcelino Pan y Vino: la pelicula?

I don't know, to me Disney was always about getting acquainted with other cultures. Like Aladdin, Moana, if it was just my culture it wouldn't really be that interesting. I get enough of that shit IRL

It wasn't supposed to be modern day Mexico, it was meant to be timeless.

They hate it for the wrong reasons.
Anyway, I don't hate this movie because I haven't seen it; I'm mainly indifferent. I just wish that bullfighting wasn't the first thing that comes to mind when people think of Spain, even though I'm aware of how ridiculous that is.
I don't know, maybe having it taking place during the Reconquista, or during the 17th century when the country was going to hell, or during the Independence War from France, or hell, even during Franco's regimen.
It doesn't necessarily have to deal with history or anything relevant, just have the movie taking place in the country with a good story that's independent of the fact.

>Implying Coco was bad
Neck yourself, amigo

At least Road to El Dorado has two Spanish main characters.

You can't have drug lords in a Disney film.

What culture do you think Aladdin gets you acquainted with? It's a very American adaptation of a story written by a Frenchman about a Chinese Muslim. Aside from things like fyling carpets and the genie (which isn't really similar to how djinns work anyway) I don't think there's much Middle Eastern culture in Aladdin.

>movies about depressing time periods and war
Those are pretty rarely made into cartoons aside from Americans making movies about gommies and muhlocaust stories because apparently that never gets old.
>It doesn't necessarily have to deal with history or anything relevant, just have the movie taking place in the country with a good story that's independent of the fact.
Sure but there's no reason for Americans to do that, that's what Spanish movies are for.

Wait doesn't Road to Eldorado star 2 Spaniards? Pretty sure conquistadors are your best bet for foreign movies.

That never works. These type of things feel timeless in the sense that it doesn't properly connect to any time, not as in it connects to all of them.