Library of Congress new exhibit on how women got Sup Forums-related

Exhibit: loc.gov/exhibitions/drawn-to-purpose/online-exhibition/

Smithsonian article "How Women Broke Into the Male-Dominated World of Cartoons and Illustrations": smithsonianmag.com/history/how-women-broke-into-male-dominated-world-cartoons-illustrations-180967803/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fkKjRr_zlxw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder if they'd bring up how Japan had been doing it for a while

>Japan
>Doing it for awhile.
user I-

What?

They've been doing it since the 1970s at least.

According to the exhibit, the first woman comic creators were getting published before 1910. Were women making comics in Japan before then?

>That upskirt pic right next to her face.

She's internalized the oppression of those powerful males who drew comics.

It's like she's not a sensitive pussy and doesn't give a fuck.

>its a “womyn are so oppressed, lets ignore actually famous Sup Forums people and focus on hacks like the squirrel girl artist and rebecca sugar who are only important for having a vagina”
How much do you want to bet theyll talk about gabby in a positive light?

It was another time user

Lol why did you change your post?

Also there are no mentions of Gabby, Henderson, or Sugar, it's talking about women from the past and how they got involved in comics, stop getting triggered.

in the modern section they don't even bother featuring superhero stuff, they have art from Lynda Barry, Lilli Carre(who dropped off the face of the earth sadly), Trina Robbins for comic books and Lynn Johnston and Hilary Price,who draw For Better or Worse and Rhymes with Orange respectively, for newspaper comics and Alison Bechdel who does both although it looks like they're just showing work from Dykes To Watch Out For, so she is being represented as a newspaper comic artist here I suppose

>the first woman comic creators were getting published before 1910
Is that like, impressive or something? That shit happened at the same time as Gertie and Little Nemo. Women where there at the very beginning. What's to celebrate?

Are they also gonna suddenly forget that Disney and Fleischer mostly hired women to make the finished frames of all their films?
youtube.com/watch?v=fkKjRr_zlxw

Like I said before: Women where there at the very beginning. What's to celebrate?

>Lol why did you change your post?
This is literally my first and only post in the thread until now.
>stop getting triggered.
Why should so noninfluential nobodies get a exhibit while kirby and bill finger get ignored

>while kirby and bill finger get ignored
This is how I know you're straw-posting only to laugh at it posts later.

Jack Kirby is not only one of the most well known comic artists ever but he also literally has his own museum for his work.

>more feminism shilling

Couldn't they do this in a year where it doesn't feel like it's being shoved in everyone's assholes?

Don't bother replying. I bet it's not even the same user.
Most likely a troll intentionally posting retarded bullshit just to "debunk" it later himself.

You should write the Smithsonian and tell them all that

Maybe they're doing this to inform people who aren't as knowledgeable as you, user?

That's pretty cool.

Who's "celebrating" anything? This seems more like a "cool, I bet people would be interested to know this" exhibit.