>Characters switch bodies
>Voices stay the same

Other urls found in this thread:

jimmyneutron.wikia.com/wiki/Trading_Faces
youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think they stop doing that.

It makes practical sense but it's not as cool

It's because American voice actors are lazy and the dialogue recording sessions are always rushed.

While it would be fun to hear the actors play each other's characters when they switch bodies, that would require effort on their part and more than the usual amount of takes as they endeavor to get the inflections and personalities right. Most recording sessions for a 22-minute cartoon max out at 2 hours (though the contractual union maximum is 6 hours, no one is ever held that long). They don't have time to experiment with anything on the fly and just get in and out of the booth in a workmanlike fashion.

Nope they did it in an episode of the new ben10. Gwen and Ben change bodies. Gwens body has Bens voice and vice versa. I don't know why i've always hated this, but it hurts everytime.

>Characters switch bodies
>Voice actors switch, but do bad impressions of each other

It's because it's the laziest route to take.

> Kissing Cousins switch bodies

>After some time, they start to act a little bit like each other

>Character gets killed.
>People don't die when they are killed.

You do realize that's a convention so that the audience knows who the character is, right? Watch the Hunt for Red October sometime... they have the actors speak Russian for a few minutes, then have a character reading from a book in Russian and switch to English... making it VERY clear that he's still talking in Russian, but the audience is hearing English so they don't have to read subtitles.

That said, Farscape had a body switch episode where all the actors picked up the mannerism, accents, and speech patterns of their co-stars. You could easily tell who they were supposed to be... one of the best episodes, and that series had a LOT of good episodes.

>That episode of Jimmy Neutron where him and Cindy switched bodies and couldn't switch back, so instead Jimmy essentially brainwashed himself into believing he was Cindy and Cindy was him. That was permanent and it was never addressed again.

I... what?

How? The idea that "they won't know" is retarded when it's usually done in generic Freaky Friday episodes where the entire point is the body switching. If you watch the episode you see it happen so you have no need for it.

I really wish something interesting would be done. Like switch the characters and leave them stuck, don't put some kind of "learning how the other half lives" moral shit in there or whatever. Every time it happens it's always just a take off of Freaky Friday.

So does this mean that Cindy is actually as smart as Jimmy?

You realize it's usually for like one episode, right?

If you think they can't pay them a little extra to have fun on one episode...

This explains it, its fucking laziness, nothing else, and not having that spark of thinking outside the bubble.

It's kind of similar to the situation with Goliath. After Demona put that curse of mind control of him he was never set free from it; he was just ordered to act as thought he was free.

She's in his body, so she has access to his brain, AND considering how she believed herself to be him that means that can't have mental blocks of any kind that would keep her from reaching her brain's true potential.

>he was just ordered to act as thought he was free.
aren't we all

Don't you fucking dare

>...I have no idea who this is.

>You do realize that's a convention so that the audience knows who the character is, right?
Except we see them switch bodies. Most people don't forget about major plot points in the commercial break.

To be fair, that actor had previous experience with playing Lex Luthor.

>bodyswap
>stuck in a body or life you hate

Quickly taking the I have no mouth route.

Switching consciousness isn't switching vocal chords though. If you're inhabiting somebody else's body, you speak with their voice, because it's a consequence of their physical makeup and not a metaphysical aspect of their identity.

I don't think OP is arguing against that, user.

fuck man

They did a body switch in filler episode of Fairy Tail where they didn't do that convention and just had the original voice actor try to imitate the character that swapped in.

Both english and japanese release...

>Guy switches bodies with Gurrrl
>Immediately grabs tits\Runs hands down hips

The speech patterns should at least be changed I think. Like if you have a guy enter a girl's body and she has some stupid valley girl accent then he shouldn't talk like that. Batman the Brave and the Bold did a pretty good bodyswap episode I think.

>bens body has gwens voice
Boner intensifies

That's not exactly what happened. The fix was they had their friends sort their memories into the correct person (e.g., Jimmy memories go into the Jimmy body).

>jimmyneutron.wikia.com/wiki/Trading_Faces

...that's OP's point. OP is saying they hate when shows change voices in body swap episodes, for the reasons you gave.

This bothered me a lot in that Batman Beyond episode where Talia shows up but it turns out it's Ra's in her body. The big reveal comes when Bruce hears Talia talking with Ra's voice, which made no damn sense.

Apparently Ra's knew how to bang like Talia, if the World's Greatest Detective didn't notice sooner...

Didn't JLU do that in the Great Brain Robbery?

youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

It does. He mentions having his vocal chords transplanted into Talia's body, and then training himself to act and speak like Talia.

Only two times I can think of are Jimmy Neutron and Gravity Falls

>>Voices stay the same

don't you mean
VOICES swap too?