The rosenbergs deserved it

the rosenbergs deserved it

McCarthy did something wrong by discrediting Americanism. Nixon actually found Communists and discredited them, but McCarthy had almost nothing and discredited the movement.

He wasn't wrong about Commies infiltrating entertainment and Academia, but he never actually did anything other than shout loudly.

The Rosenbergs were awful
McCarthy was awful
Snagglepuss a best

fuck this comic, i want cute not this gross shit

The shitty art killed my excitement. Will not be purchasing any more.

how hard is to do this?

>Zee getting bimbofied
Dastardly and Muttley hit all of my button

your dubs lie, julius, sure, but ethel didnt need to die

Dastardly and Muttley is top tier, along with the Flintstones, for these HB comics.

I'm liking Snagglepuss though. Forgiving the commie apologizing.

The Rosenbergs were framed. The USA and USSR are both controlled by Illuminati Christians.

why is he standing on a bunch of gasoline soaked documents when he is about to set them on fire?

>Framed
Yeah except that when the Soviet Union fell a bunch of declassified documents proved that Julius was a Soviet spy and that Ethel helped him. They were traitors and deserved what they got for treason against the US.

Ya little turned off by the whole defense of communism in this comic.

He never really defends communism, just points out that making their execution a spectacle was fucked up, and that the HUAC was a bad thing. Neither are particularly controversial statements.

the little bait-and-switch with the execution is basically a Black Mirror episode

The problem I have with Snagglepuss is that they don't actually seem to be doing anything with the animal-people concept at all, it's just a bog standard McCarthy-era story with some of the characters turned into furries. The way they're actually drawn is really disturbing too, half the time it's like they're just humans with muzzles, then you have shit like Quickdraw having hooves for hands while all the other animals have opposable thumbs. It's just really inconsistent and offputting.

>Dude haha communism isn't that bad just chillax bro ;)

It's because Quick Draw had hooves in the cartoon, ya dummy!

But that artstyle didn't make it to the actual comic.

>Use Snagglepuss + others for McCarthy-era red scare comics
>Comic does absolutely nothing with the fact that Snagglepuss is an animal
What's the fucking point then? Why have Snagglepuss at all if he's just going to be a normal character?
With the Flintstones they actually ran with the fact that it's a bunch of cavemen, but dealing with modern issues. It's funny and it works. This just doesn't make sense. Why have Snagglepuss be in this era? They're not doing anything with what they have.

yeah, Russell really isn't playing with the premise as much this time around. Maybe he just wanted to write a "serious" comic but DC would only give him HB stuff

It is just the first one
They might do something with it in the next issue

He should have made it so what was taboo was being in a relationship with a human rather than with a man, or maybe alongside it. That would have given the comic an identity and the animal characters some reason to be there, but i bet either him or editorial feared it would be seen as trivializing real world issues or that nobody would be able to relate to them (other than furries), so they went with a safe and bland cookie cutter 50's prejudice story.

He can still turn it around in the following issues. This is just starting so the guy can still do anything he wants.

The comic had them screaming innocents. Wtf do you expect people about to have their life ended to say? A bad ass catch phrase?

According to wiki. The end result of all the research is that they didn't turn over any documents that directly led to the bomb and that their trials were a gross mishandling of justice. While it is up for debate if you think the documents handed over is worth death, the main dispute now is that they used the road paved to hell to do it.

They gave aid to the enemy -- that's treason, and treason is death.

cartoon logic.

That would only turn Snagglepuss into a gay furry story.

You must be a big fan of the Mueller investigation, then.

you try coming up with something interesting

It is defending communism by trying to make it not as bad as it actually is. Castro puts gays in camps, but Batista is villain. Communists murder millions of Ukrainians by starving them out, Pol Pot kills people for wearing glasses. I will not accept anything but hate and criticizism of such a vile system. The only bad thing about HUAC, was that it didn’t go far enough.

Why do you feel the need to defend communists?

nah, the problem with HUAC is it did not work. bringing the shit to light just made actual spies more careful and hidden to bide their time and eat away at the foundation like termites. And in the end generating more public sympathy for the commie bastards than they should have.

>Just want a cute comic of Snagglepuss with possible gay undertones
>Get hideous art and commie propaganda

communism=great
capitalism=awful

thank you for your time

But they didn't, they literally deserved to fry.

>advertised as period story
>art shown off repeatedly in previews and interviews
None of this should've been surprising.

>A bad ass catch phrase?
>He doesn't know about baked appels

>HUAC didn't go far enough
>literally was just a dumb witch hunt
Nigga u stupid.

A "period story" doesn't anticipate defending the indefensible.

Perhaps the communists should have been killed off.

double dubs checked, that applies to all of Dastardly & Muttley.

t.communist

I don't feel that at all. Gotta root em out. No one should be above acrutiny.

>tfw your autistic pitch for a Hannah Barbara universe where all the characters are drug addicted trannies and Snaggepuss is the cartoon equivalent of Andy Warhol, is still better than the communist propaganda that we got

I don't mean to summon Sup Forums, but why do many Jews, like the Rosenbergs, support communism?

Why didn't Russel use the Pink Panther for the comic? He's the only character shown with a black cigarette holder.

Presumably, they figured we'd be better off under it than the current Federal Republic.

Jews hated communism. The Rosenbergs and Marx were a sub part of Jews who didn't want to run the banks and make money thru the capitalist system.

>He should have made it so what was taboo was being in a relationship with a human rather than with a man,

What if that's what they're building to? What if the gay thing isn't an issue, but the beastiality is?

Nothing's really explicitly depicted that says otherwise.

>Nothing's really explicitly depicted that says otherwise.
The flashback scene with the Cuban guy seemed to hint at that.