Do you like italian comics?

do you like italian comics?

Didn't the land of pasta have their own exclusive disney, donald duck, and duck tales comics?

i sure love their content

A lot of countries do.

Why not post stuff Sup Forums would actually like?
Italy has tons of comics and long standing series.

Based Alessandro Barbucci

Why not do it yourself? There's no shortage of great italian comics so please be my guest.

>italian thread on Sup Forums
mamma mia!

Daily Reminder when a Chinese studying English in China translate this

Which book is this? I like the art style

Did Tex ever get translated into english? I hear it's a damn good western series.

Rat-Man...one of best comics.

Many jokes are not translatable, I don't know what reception a wider reception to American audience would have. Did the series ended?

!, ιταλυ , ρεξυεστ φρομ ανΔυ μιλαναΧισ οφ Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , ανΔ Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , λιστεν το Θε " ωεεΧενΔ " ανΔ λεαρν ηοω βυσυ θε μαλεσ αρε , ανΔ ΔραΧε , ψλεασε , νοβοΔυ ωαντσ το ψλαυ ψρεω λοφε ανΔ σαυ βαΔ ωορΔσ ωηεν μυσιχιανσ αρε ωορΧινγ , ανΔ οφερ ουρ ΔεαΔ βοΔιεσ ωουλΔ ωε ωαντ ανυβοΔυ λοστ ωιθιν Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , σταυ ψεαχεφυλ φιρτυουσ , ΘανΧσ βε το Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , ανΔ Δανιελ τοση Δοεσ φινΔ ηυμορ το βε θε ρολε , σταυ σαφε , μαξισμο ισ α νιχε χομιχ , ανΔ θε μιλιταρυ ισ φορ μαλεσ , λιΧε υου σαιΔ ιν τεαρσ λονγ αγο , ωηεν υουρ φριενΔσ λιεΔ το γο φιγητ φορ θε ωρονγ βουσ , ' βαρβιεσ ισ φορ με ανΔ υσ μυ φριενΔσ , . . . , ωηυ , υου νοτ φαμιλυ νορμαλ ' , ΘανΧσ βε το Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , υουρ ρεαλ Διφινιτα , Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτα ,.

yes, the last year.

What is Ortolani gonna do next?

Some of them, yes.

No wonder your country is such a shithole.

studying rocks and making reviews of superhero movies, I guess. Whatever is more interesting(so, rocks)

Ah!

What kind of media is this? Ink and watercolor? Really nice.

I read this before I ever read Spider-Man (so before I was 6)
Bump for a worthy thread, need to do some pirating tomorrow.

Curse you user, you got me interested in a comic book.

H-how does that happen? There's lieterally pedophile themes in the book, how did you end up reading it at six?

>furrybait

It's Blue by Angela Vianello, but unfortunately there's no english translation, neither official nor fanmade.
Watercolor for sure, I don't know about ink.

Please stop trying to fit in.

>want to read euro-comics
>can't read frog or pizza
>no translations ever
>mfw

We are having a conversation about Italian many and unique styles, if you want furrybait by dozen a dime go deviantart.

thx cuz

Stop.

Just learn a second language bro. It's super easy.

Make me.

Not him, but I imagine a romantic language is easy, yeah.

Unlike an idiot who tries to learn japanese.

Like me.

>Many jokes are not translatable
This is my biggest regret. I always wanted to try translate and share on Sup Forums a couple of volumes or a story arc, but I never really know where to start; it takes a while for it to start going from difficult-to-translate parodies to the more interesting story arcs. But if I just did a latter, or one of the more meta story arcs, then new readers would just get confused. It feels like such a shame to leave it be just a local comic when it's such a weird little mix of trashy parodies of existing media which are then twisted into genuinely good original storylines. Like the Expendables parody turning into this bizzare Biblical adventure to defeat Death itself.

I like that there's a lot of different genres, from ecchi to scifi to satire/comedy to romance.

What are you, amerifat?
>But muh fragile children!
You are degenerates.

to scat and guro

actually sexy guro was a quite successful genre back in the 70s

Most of the young talented authors are just flirting with french publishers at this point. The peak of Italian comics was '70-'80 black and white.

Now I'm only following Dylan Dog out of habit (too bad it's turned into a leftie shitfest) but I've also read Zagor and Tex from my grandpa collection: nice comics with enough continuity to make recalls but not so much you had to buy every number. And the characters were great (even if many times similar)

Fuck off terrone, Ranxerox was always intended as a dystopian ultraviolence sci-fi about a dying society falling down the slippery slope. It was always aimed at mature audience.

My god I recently picked up pick related and it was unironically "Nice clock Ahmed, want to bring it to the White House?" and Bloch was replaced by a muslim woman. I gifted it a soy boy friend of mine because I couldn't keep such trash into my library.

Post pics

Political or not, Dylan Dog has always been consistently hit-or-miss regardless of the time period. Also, I always felt Tex was leagues superior to Zagor, but looking back I'm not so sure anymore: most of Zagor's stories were pleasantly weird, in a pulp-y sort of way.

And remember that the terrorist were white men that used RPGs after shouting "Deus vult!". What must a writer do to make himself visible

What pics?

Of those 70s comics, I'm curious

Nobody holds a controller like that!

Why are Italians so edgy?

ToppiManaraPrattMagnusPazienzaPick related is Dino Battaglia.

Anime and Italian fumetti both evolved to be edgy separate ways. The question is why aren't American comics edgy enough?

I like Orfani, but i haven't finnished yet. And that title about the woman who travels in time to stop an alien infection, i can't remember what was it called?

Puritans

Lilith?

That, yeah, is amazing, i have read it in Spanish but they stopped the translations i think.

I'm gonna dump some Toppi.

I like the ones with action and violence

Like what?

I'm gonna drop some Magnus next.

daily reminder that the translated part 4 got shitposted to hell

I think most people only know about kriminal and diabolik. What’s the modern day equivalent?

Diabolik is modern day Diabolik.

Are there must be more rip offs?

Can't think of any, the general taste just moved in a different direction I guess.

Starting Magnus dump.

> do you like giant fucking word balloons because apparently nothing can be said tersely
yes, I love nigger Latin

Yuck! 5 year old bodies are so incredibly repulsive. The model must be a young woman tho with all that back muscle definition

god damn Frieda Boher's hot

>Rat-Man's in-universe comic book editor tells him he couldn't do well in foreign countries because the jokes are untranslatable
>No they aren't! [untranslatable joke follows]
Jej
That said, an official Croatian TL for the first issues exists so something can be done

Everytime we talk about european comics, Corto Maltese is posted,
Honest question, is that comic any good?
I mean the story, good art can carry a comic for me.

She is!

It's a shame Magnus got sick of her

The author Pratt traveled the world for adventure and this transpire in his work. It's not a formulaic novel written by some professional, to me it's like an old man telling stories.

I read the English version a long time ago. Does anyone know where I can find it? Dark Horse released it a few years ago but I can only find the french version.

She looks *triggered*.

Dumping some Andrea Pazienza.