DC won't stop raping Watchmen's corpse

>DC won't stop raping Watchmen's corpse
>Marvel hasn't touched Captain Britain since Alan Moore's run or attempted to revive Miracleman/Marvelman since they acquired it

really activates the almonds

Watchmen makes money
Captain Britain does not.

Why nobody ever talks about Moore's other works like Top 10, Tom Strong or even the League of EXtraordinary Gentlemen? It's always about how DC ruined Watchmen or Moore's misquoted oppinion on comicbooks, or about how Moore is old man screaming at clouds when he talks about the comic-based movies.

>Implying Moore cared after being done with it or when after Hack Snyder raped it

I've been meaning to read Tom Strong.

Well in LoEG's case he took a shit all over it himself rather than let companies do it.

it's all most of them have read. I prefer Tom Strong personally.

>Captain Britain
Excalibur, MI-13

>Miracleman/Marvelman

They are supposed to, I don't know what is a reason for delay, Gaiman maybe.

Give it time.

because watchmen had a popular movie

Because all Moore best works are on DC and Miracleman or captain britain don't sell

Next?

Because it's not as captivating.

it's definitely Gaiman, he got caught up in American Gods and showrunning Good Omens, and those just messed with everything

>>Marvel hasn't touched Captain Britain since Alan Moore's run

You fucking casual.

/thread

Wait gaiman has a tv show?

(And Swampy at the top of the overrated tier. That last volume is trash.)

Is his Captain Britain stuff in print anywhere? That shit rocks and I’d like hard copies

I’m pretty sure Buckingham has said he’s working on it

he had American Gods season 1 last year, but I don't think he's particularly involved with that. And he's the showrunner for Good Omens, which I think releases next year

American Gods got an adaptation at Starz under Bryan Fuller as showrunner, but now Fuller has quit for season 2 and apparently Gaiman has a bigger role in managing it now. It seems to be a bit of a mess right now.

The trade and the 90s reprints are out of print but relatively cheap. I think you can score X-Men Archives 2-8 (the whole run) for a buck apiece online. It is such good shit.

>WHttMoT over FtMWHE
kill yourself

Ranking the Angry Magus:

GLYCON TIER
Top 10>Supreme/Judgment Day>From Hell>Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow>Promethea>Tom Strong

Underrated Tier:
2000AD Future Shocks>Crossed +100>1963>Captain Britain>WildCATs>Tomorrow Stories

Overrated/mediocre but still better than most tier:
Swamp Thing>Watchmen>Miracleman>V For Vendetta>LOEG 1&2>For the Man Who Has Everything>Halo Jones>Bojefferies Saga>A Small Killing

Shit tier
Fashion Beast>The Killing Joke>Lost Girls>DR and Quinch>Providence>Later LOEG

I haven't read the novels

1963 is top tier well.

>Providence in shit tier
K I L L Y O U R S E L F

Curt Swan over Gibbons all day, fight me

It was popular even before the movie.

in the case of Superman i gotta agree

Nah, last volume of Swampy was much better than the first three volumes, which were generic horror stories about Swampy punching Arcane, Flouronic man, zombies and vampires. From that last volume, only the new gods issue penned by Veitch was bad.

This. Providence was solid.

American Gothic is the high point of the book sry

because Watchmen is his most popular work.
I liked Supreme though...too bad he never wrote a proper ending for it
or 1963...which he also never wrote a proper ending for.

Remember during the lead up to Secret Wars when people asked "where are the Captain Britain Corps since multiverse shit is their gig?" and Hickman revealed that they had no idea people were going around destroying entire universes then they all died in a single panel?

>which he also never wrote a proper ending for.
No he did. The problem was Jim Lee

> we didn't realize the Image partners were in competition with one another, and we unfortunately allowed our confusion to undercut Jim Valentino. At the 1992 San Diego Comic-Con ... Jim Lee sent an emissary to intercept Rick Veitch and I [sic] and ask if he could "do" the Annual. We - Rick, me and Alan, as we somehow contacted Alan by phone, I think - stupidly said 'Yes.' We shouldn't have.
To make a very long story short, I believed then and I believe now had we stuck with Jim Valentino, the Annual would have been completed and seen print. Jim Lee simply never did anything.
- Steve Bissette

Or in Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy where they were defending London from aliens and Tony was asked if England didn't have it's own superheroes. " Not any good ones" he said

1963 kinda has my favorite Thor story

>Captain Britain does not.
Considering More didn't see a single cent for his scripts on that... yeah, amusingly accurate statement.

i thought Hickman was like "Oh that was all offscreen they got owned bad though"

>Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
Trash

Pleb detected.

>angry Faiza Hussain noises.png
On the other hand between MCU synergy and Superior that wouldn't exactly be an out of character thing for Tony to say.

Because nobody storytimed Tom Strong lately.

dc fucked up the ending to tom strong for more storys. decent stories robots of doom and planet of peril but they still fucked up the end of toms story.

The absolute state of Michael Moore.

>providence in shit tier and swamp thing not in glycon tier
Otherwise you're pretty spot on

lowkey Jim Lee just seems like a piece of shit to me, He's a prime example of someone who has no real love for the medium and is just in it for the money, and is content to do basically nothing but cash-in pin ups.

Man, even fucking Spider-Verse handled them better than that.

Will the ever release Miracle Man without the shitty recoloring?

Because it's not something that's occurring at the moment. Don't you think we have already talked about all these great books before?

X D X D

>last is better than the first 3

the hell is wrong with you

I want someone to story time his dr who and star wars stuff.

Marvel events were a mistake

I wish more people knew about Top 10 because it's genuinely hilarious. Moore gets billed as super serious and intense but he's really fucking funny when he wants to be.

>Sup Forums hipster contrarian: the post