SCP 096

What’s Sup Forums‘s method of terminating SCP 096? Mine involves just launching it into the sun or into the farthest reaches of space hopefully flying into another sun or a black hole.

Me thinks they already explained a possibility to destroy 096. A supplement down under the summary on the site.

Didn't someone write a story where they managed to kill 096 after it broke containment? It caused a shitload of civilian casualties

Incident-096-1-A, there's a bit of a man who found a way to do it, but he signed his death warrant doing so.

Can we stop having SCP threads? I know they're fun, but this clearly isn't Sup Forums related.

It takes one lil animation short for it to be consider Sup Forums, so expect the full package of bits from the series to be relevant. Or, ya know, send it to the bin where trish resides.

Sup Forums method? Call Doom Patrol.

Put a TV in front of it and play nothing but Steven Universe on it 24/7. It'll kill itself within days

they could use SCP-1543-J
it's perfect for this

Put a mirror in front of it? Does it react to it's own face?

This is actually a perfect solution, since if fails and it ends up enjoying the show it'll still kill itself during one of the hiatuses.

Them we make them more Sup Forums related, duh

What are some artifacts that could be used to sucessfully neutralize 096?

what was his plan exactly?
Was it legit way to kill it or just proof that its so dangerous it needs to be killed?

Have 1529 see him.

096 would likely find a way to move at speeds exceeding the speed of light until it could rocket it's way back to Earth again in that scenario. Honestly, the best case scenario would be to just launch the thing into another universe. Have somebody else deal with it.

just dont look at its face lol it aint that hard

don't be a diaper boy, user

it's like animorphs threads

how would you make SCP into Sup Forums-related material?

comic would be easy, something like BPRD

I might prefer a cartoon though, something with rich animation like the HBO spawn series

a ton of the setpieces in SCP sound spectacular from the descriptions, I'm usually more interested in the setting than whatever it is that that thing is

Four pixels, user. Four.Fucking.Pixels.

Yeah, then we could stop having mcu and dceu threads and waifufaggotry

tell me your favorites, anons

tell me why

504, self-explanatory

I like the tubby kid who warps to different dimensions and has scary adventures and wanted a gun but they gave him one with rubber bullets

3125 is nice.

Is it ever written how this thing reacts to a mirror?

if only user,
if only

That part didn't even make sense when you think about it. How would the doctors actually know if the photo would work? They mention prior testing but they never specified that it gets recognized at such a small level. Plus how would the foundation be able to tell which of the photos pixels were the bad ones without looking at said photo?

The whole ticking time bomb argument the doctor made is dubious at best. Some one would of had to of taken a pic while not looking directly through the viewfinder and the never look at said photo or video. Maybe there might be some old surveillance footage that could trigger it but other wise the shy guy is pretty safe.

Main ones would have to be Space whale and sea slug

Joke ones would be Dr. Gerald and The dumb demon

Just because other boards told you to fuck off doesn't mean you can bring your shit here OP.

Very interesting on a conceptual level, and the bit with the advent of the higher beings is explosive. Almost reminds me of Notes by Kinoko Nasu.

Another poorly explained, totally invincible SCP. Yawn. Reading this was like listening to two little kids one-upping one another at a playground. Not as bad as SCP 682, but close.

>*tips*

>dig giant hole
>fill with wet cement
>show D class the picture of 096
>push D class into hole
>watch 096 jump in after D class
>cover hole with cement
>cover dried cement with dirt
>plant government protected forest
>burn all photos and destroy all media that may have 096 face
>party

what if that's why its in our universe in the first place? Because some SCP foundation of another universe decided "eh fuck em' send it to this universe and hope for the best"
what then?

C'mon man. "It's Slenderman but it eats people and oh it's immune to everything and runs super fast and and and..." is not exactly good writing.

i actually don't read them too much anymore/have a hard time remembering the ones I have read, but some anons hear spoke very highly of the red sea object which prompted me to read it. It was definitely one of the best I have read if not the best, it was both interesting and the exploration logs added made the thing actually creepy to read, especially in the earlier logs. I liked it a lot.

The Flesh That Hates. It's genuinely creepy and I can't understand why they haven't nuked it yet.

I have a hard time picking a favorite, but the one that sticks out in my mind recently is 2614. I thought the idea was pretty neat but the Nested Mimetic Log at the end really sold me. The universes gradually becoming more and more unstable, until they finally reach the last level was well written and unnerving. And at the very end that final hallway and description legitimately creeped me out, first time in a while that's happened. Also a good use of [REDACTED] material and added to it instead of just being haphazardly placed about.

scp-272

It literally pins a subject down and any attempts to escape are met with instant death. It's a trap that can only be released by someone other than the trapped.

>They mention prior testing but they never specified that it gets recognized at such a small level. Plus how would the foundation be able to tell which of the photos pixels were the bad ones without looking at said photo?
The Foundation has several Skips and devices that allow them to observe things without direct risk to themselves, so they probably did something along those lines. Also, 096 isn't "Safe" at all. The damn thing can move fast enough that it can straight-up phase through solid walls, and it kills people based onhow many people have seen its face past the initial victim, as well as how many people see it's face during it's rampage. It can also tear helicopters out of the air by jumping high enough. The thing is a full-blown Keter class threat

I always wondered exatly how far 0-96 could jump so I thought putting some guy on satellite or a moon would be perfect for escaping 0-96.

Then I see people saying that this fucker can move at lightspeed so this probably isn't going to work.

That one that's entirely in pictographs is kino

There’s apparently a prophesized battle between it and the church of the broken god so nuking it probably won’t get it all or it’ll just unearth/ awaken even more flesh.

Also, considering that 610 was literally created by the Sarkics initially as the "Red Death" in order of destroy and mutate the entire world into the service of YALDABAOTH, it's quite likely that they could simply recreate it if it's ever destroyed completely.

So just ho powerful is this guy anyway? Is there any info on him outside of 1936 or is it just that?

How do you stop 682?

Apparently a death dimension got it.

Also the Dr Gerald test was never approved, but if anything could do it it might be that.

Was it? I thought it was like the Sarkics' version of Broken God pieces? Like if it absorbed enough flesh it would awaken the Godeater beast that they worship.

You ask the vending machine to give you something that can kill 682. It'll kill everything else in a 5 mile radius via a gigantic radioactive nuclear explosion, but it's worth a shot. Or at least it was.

Yeah, it was basically developed as nothing more than a bioweapon for the Sarkics, nothing more. It would kill people and other organisms, mutate still living ones or repurpose their corpses, turning them into mindless monsters that would then swarm and devour all in their path. Sure, given enough time it likely could have revived a fragment of Yaldabaoth, but at the next of the day it was still just another tool amongst the Sarkics vast arsenal.

My all time favorite is 914, just because of how fun it is. After that is 186.

>The rest of the soldier's head was now gone, and the screaming was replaced by some sort of low grunting, the likes of which I have never heard from men.
>No, the Frenchman said, no harm at all. I have bestowed the gift of life on your opponents. Who could possibly stand against that, he asked.

Can't remember her number, but the naked chick orbiting the sun that detects extraterrestrial disasters and warns people about them. Thaumiels in general make me happy because it shows that there is some hope for them, in spite of the depressing shit with the Keters.