How did this even get popular with such an obnoxious character design?

how did this even get popular with such an obnoxious character design?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/fluffyman85
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lore doled out at a glacial pace is much more effective at getting people to stick around than a constant stream of backstory.

Steven is the least popular character in his own show.

jeez now the i think about, i wonder how better steven universe would be without steven.

Wait, how tall is that man?

>americans

Steven Muyo!

twitter.com/fluffyman85

Anyone who dresses up like Steven should be genocided.

It just struck me how similar Steven's shirt is to Duplica's.

That's good cosplay, love or hate the show.

WTF!?! THOSE BOARDERS CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS! ITS LIKE THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE REFERENCE SHEETS

I honestly laughed. Not sure if Sup Forums cosplaying as Sup Forums on Sup Forums has an award but...you won it.

Judging from the height of the person taking the pic probably 5'11 looking at a 6'0 person.For you Euros its 180cm and 182cm

No way in hell is that guy 5'11
He looks shorter than Kendrick Lamar's little ass

steven universe has obnoxious anime references????

Is ugly curly haired fat men in flip flops her fetish? Cause I don't understand how a female would approve of Steven Universe's design.

Steven grows up to become JoeysWorldTour.

Someone needs to edit that. Steven Universe Minus Steven.

Although the Connie centered one with replacement Gems was ok.

He's a cute little numale, what's there for a woman not to like?

its her little brother

I was in it originally for the concept of cool warrior women fighting otherworldly threats.
But then everything got uglier over time.

I hope this guy is legal because would smash even in the steven cosplay

Fat little faggot for fat little faggots to look up to. Bobby Hill would've loved Steven Universe.

Because the vast majority of people don't give a fuck about the minutiae of character design. I'm not even sure why you consider a generic dumpy kid obnoxious anyway.

>Chubby kid with pinkish skin and curly hair who wears a t-shirt, shorts, and a flip-flop
All he’s missing is a hat and he could be a MOTHER character. Steven’s design is fine.
I’m more concerned with the off-colors’ designs. That six way fusion is creepy.

The flip flops man. That curly hair man. Jewel on his damn fat belly. That weird ass nostril line they draw. So fucking obnoxious!!!

he looks like son of sam/david berkowitz (however you spell it)

Steven doesnt even look like a child.

Has anyone drawn Steven with an appliance plugged into his electric-outlet-nose?

"Son! I found you!"

Adult steven is a pedofile

Bobby pulled more bitches than you ever will, let that sink in.

Steven loves the nets

what?

Bobby you're too young to post here.

It looks like whoever is taking the picture is standing on a raised surface. Or is like, holding the camera over his head at some weird angle

where's my chubby manlet that i can bully and abuse and treat like shit for my amusement

Steven is the reason I can’t watch the show. Everything about him drives me nuts. But especially his voice.

it's probably why it's successful, honestly. You have a short little fuck with a loud character design that balances out just about every other quiet character design in the show. Amethyst might be an exception to that rule, but given how she's covered with cold colors and her voice is husky, i think the theory still works. I basically think steven provides a sort of anchor in the show's overall design, all while giving fans a character they can channel any dissatisfaction into.

If steven was any less obnoxious, the fans would probably get tired of the moody design, granted that still wasn't enough to keep my slow burning resentment at bay. I fucking hate this stupid fucking show.

Intense online viral marketing campaign by the show staff.

Never actually met anyone IRL who actually watches it, the younger people in my family in its targeted age group cant stand it.

>56%

>that i can bully
Nignog are you serious? He could send your head through a brick wall without even trying.

>Intense online viral marketing campaign by the show staff.
Explain this.

He thinks everyone who praises the show online are paid to.