Venom Movie Thread

The cast is really good and it's based on Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes. I can't help but be excited, am I setting myself up for disappointment? I've been an Eddie Brock fan since I was a kid.

This movie feels like an elaborate tax scam.

Planet of the Symbiotes was shit though.

>Not MCU

Nobody gives a shit

MCU is shit. Every fucking Disney movie is exactly the same.

It was fun. Venom fighting an alien invasion of Earth was cool.

Nice try, Sony Shill.

If you are a venom fan, disappointment should be part and parcel of everyday life for you.

>everyone who hates formulaic movies with no soul are sony shills
Do you actually believe this? The MCU is the McDonalds of cinema.

The current run by Costa has been great.

It has potential, but I personally think Sony'll wreck it with forced connections to their ill thought 'Sonyverse' crap.

>with no soul

The argument you always go to when pushed into the corner.

You're watching focus group crafted products. They aren't real movies.

Just keep regurgitating your hip Film Twitter buzzwords in lieu of an actual argument.

Fuck it. I'm 100% in. Even if the movie sucks, I want to just see raw Symbiote action. So what if he won't be a villain in the MCU, he'd be neutered as fuck, and they'd probably make Brock a black guy anyway, or god forbid poo in the loo as Agent Venom. I'm not asking for a well made film, just some cool Venom shit.

Hahahaha fuck up cunt

Eddie Brock is supposed to be a huge muscled blond guy. Even without the symbiote he's supposed to be a beast.

Why is it so hard to cast that?

>Eddie Brock is supposed to be a huge muscled blond guy.

The list of guys who look like that and can carry a film is little to non-existent.

You are now imagining huge jackedman or buffleck as eddie Brock

>The MCU is the McDonalds of cinema
No Twilight, Divergent & such are.

>tradd moore on art
welp, that's a buy

Who else has been cast? I only see Tom Hardy listed

>Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock / Venom.
>Michelle Williams as Ann Weying, the District Attorney and Brock's ex-wife.
>Riz Ahmed as Carlton Drake, the wealthy CEO of the Life Foundation.
>Woody Harrelson.
>Jenny Slate.
>Reid Scott.
>Scott Haze.

It's only for 1 issue

I'm with you, I'm a Venom fan before I am a Marvel Studios fan, and the MCU already proved just what kind of mediocrity they have in store for their "spider verse" so Venom is automatically out of the picture for the MCU. Besides, I grew up in a pre MCU world so I don't need every comic movie to be part of a shared universe in order to be satisfied, I can even handle things being.....different slightly than the comics! You'd think MCU fans would be used to that part as well too since they constantly create OCs out of established character namesakes.

I mean Tom Hardy is a big fucking step up from Topher Grace....sure he's not incredible Hulk or anything, but he's no shrimp

I agree about the blonde thing though, how hard would it be to just bleach his hair?

>Riz Ahmed

he was shit in four lions, shit in rogue one and he's a cunt in real life too

Not even one issue. Half an issue. It's a terrible bait-and-switch.

Seriously, who would you rather have?

He was pretty good in nightcrawler.
Dependent on director I think.

Like every Sony movie

Hey now Jumanji was good

I would have rather had Topher Grace as Spider-Man instead of Tobey Maguire.

Unpopular opinion: If Spider-Man is ever introduced in this movie's universe, it shouldn't be the MCU version. It should be a separate Peter Parker/Spider-Man who's an adult instead of a teenager and played by a different actor.

>Michelle Lee's character is listed as Donna Diego

Oh boy are they going to introduce her in this movie?

don't get your hopes up.

what

What?? Dude it looks terrible.

True, who would you have as Harry?

>Trad Moore
>Terrible

Care to know how I know you have shit taste?

What is it with the sudden Tradd Moore force on Sup Forums? He's ok, but nothing outstanding.
I'm 80% you're him.

I honestly don't give a fuck if movie will suck or not. It's going to be R rated and I onluy wanna see Venom ripping fools apart. Not to mention that concepts look amazing.

It's a bit odd seeing Venom speaking in a first person singular. It's an early story, I know, but it feels off.

I think that'd be cool. Maybe even make him a bit of a non entity who's only alluded to with a certain dread and hatred. Hell, they could just never show Peter at all and focus entirely on Spider-Man, since that's the focus of Venom's rage.

I really hope they use practical effects for the suit; CGI-ing the fuck out of it would end up looking terrible.

Is that the official coloration?

This is the best one.

This movie could still end up becoming MCU canon. It seems like they’re leaving it ambiguous so they can make the decision after seeing the finished product.

The guy pictured left is who played Venom in Spider-Man 3, the guy pictured on the right is who is playing Venom in the upcoming movie

Why is he such a small guy?

He's not terrible, but actually liking him is shit taste

guess what, Sony is no different

well besides the difference of Sony films being crafted by morons

You can't equate McDonald's to movies. There is no quick and ready lower quality version of something that's always going to be 1 and a half to 3 hours long. Unless TV is the McDonald's of movies.

>You can't equate McDonald's to movies.
You can. McDonalds is food designed to satisfy the lowest common denominator, it's safe, familiar, always consistent and never changes, and only offers flavors that have been scientifically proven to be commonly enjoyed...aka sugar, salt, and fat.

I would take it a step further and say MCU flicks are the equivalent of the McNugget specifically, they're molded in four different shapes to give the impression that it's a different product each time, but it's really always the same. You will never get a McDonalds chicken McNugget that is not one of these shapes, but they're meant to trick you into thinking it's something organic and natural. That is how the MCU is like McDonalds, it's made to please everyone from grandma down to little Billy, so there are no room for risks or pushing any envelopes or offending any pallets, and it's also always the same product over and over again which is why people are comfortable with being blindly loyal to it, even if it masquerades as something unique

gimme the nuggies

Wow dude okay I'm not reading all that I never cared this much I just thought your analogy was half-assed lol

Faggot

Penisman Beta

imagine being so fat you look at movies and see food

You sure are

big question

how will this connect to current run of spiderman? same universe or no? people were saying spiderman movies after homecoming will not be "MCU-canon"

Sony says its connected, Disney says it ain't.