Comic stockholm syndrome

Are there any comics that you keep reading even though you don't really enjoy them any more, but you've been reading them for so long you just can't bring yourself to drop them?

I feel you about Pearls. Once in a while there's something brilliant but it's been on cruise control for years.

remember when it used to be kinda edgy and dark and that newspapers would complain about it? now it's just 90% long drawn out frank and ernest tier puns

Hasn't it always been that way?

Saga. I just want to know what happens with IV, jfc.

I've read Sam & Fuzzy for more than a decade at this point. There was a twist about a year ago that got me excited, but other than that it's 3 gags a week and I can't fault his update schedule.

Las Lindas on the other hand...

That was me and Ctrl+Alt+Del for a long time, at least while I was in high school.

It was about tv series, but it fits here, too. You've got to ask yourself:
>Do I enjoy this piece of media?
>Do I care about the characters?
>Do I actually want to see how things will work out for them?

If you haven't answered "Yes" to any of those questions, it's clear you're only following it because your autism demands it, and should drop it.

I got put but I was like that with the pony comics for a while.

Currently no, but up until last year I was reading Girl Genius and Darth & Droids even though I wasn't really enjoying them.

this and the crossed comics
both start with interesting premise, but are complete and utter shit. The story progressed excruciatingly slow for both and it's written poorly in generally
But i have to finish it.

Sad to hear that. I have been craving a story about a badass fairy, but if what you say is true then i won't bother with it.

There's only one badass fairy in the story, the other ones are thieves, whores/sluts, drug addicts, literal KKK fairy supremacists...

To be fair being a fairy supremacist seems like a good supremacist to be

>las lindas
I feel your pain. I'm at a point where I don't even read it, I just look at the pictures.

I used to keep reading Sinfest years after it became a Feminazi power fantasy and all characters stopped being funny or likeable.
Then one day I said enough was enough and I quit reading it for good.

I know that feel, but I got out in time.

But dude, what if (contrived setup for pun) happened? Then it would be (pun)!

I should not read Questionable Content.

No. Bendis avengers taught me that free can be too much to pay.

There's a reason I don't get into webcomics anymore. Pic related, as well as Cucumber Quest, Homestuck, Gone With the Blastwave, Grim Tales from Down Below and The Rock /aco/cks

Sluggy Freelance.

I just want the goddamn thing to end.

Same, but it takes one minute out of the day and I've got a morbid curiosity how bad it can get

I have about a half dozen books that are still on my pull despite not reading any of them in months. I'll get to them eventually, probably after they end. Until then I've got enough other ones that I do read.

Dumbing of Age

I never enjoyed it but reading it to make fun of it I'm also now in too deep. I made the mistake of staring into the abyss.

Crossed was never good though.

Crossed has some funny arcs and the webcomic.

I feel like this can be applied to my browsing of Sup Forums as well. 10 years spent on a board that systematically turned into the poop chute for every invasive garbage board and social media site out there.

No, I value my time on Earth & try not to waste my time on useless habits. And i'll assume you posted a Pearls b4 Swine strip for pure hilariousness & not because you no longer find it funny. :)

>frank and ernest tier puns
jsyk thaves buys those from freelancers

I just can't, any more. Willis will never punish those he considers virtuous despite their actions and it's not a funny enough strip for gag logic to apply. Also I'm entirely done with the third iteration of the same cast he introduced 20 years ago.

>but you still follow Questionable Content
only here and only for the edits

Does dumbing of age not get edits?