Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessdictionary.com/definition/service-industry.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The purple fatass. Who the fuck needs to put salt on 12 burgers? Squidward saved the faggots life.

>worker tells customer they're out
>customer asks them to check, showing they don't believe the worker

I work customer service and having guests second guess me is irritating. Bitch I work here!

When you go “could you check?”when given an answer is pretty fucking Stupid and sad

The purple fish has an actual name. John

this

You just told the guest you're out of fucking salt.
It would be the first time anyone is actually running out of that if I ran into that.
So it's not so unbelievable that one would ask.
Especially if you suspect the guy behind the counter is just too lazy to get some.
Which one might forgive him for assuming with Squidward.

>a fucking restaurant is out of salt
Come on Squidward was obviously lying, the fish was right to press the matter.

God I hate entitled customers. If I say were out of salt were out of fucking salt.

squidward for not just checking. lazy piece of shit.

Are you fucking Squidward the established lazy, abrasive asshole of the show?
No?
Do you sound like you actually are out of salt when you tell me?
Then I will believe you, of course. Because telling me you're out is probably already half as much work as handing me some.

But just out of curiosity. Have you ever actually run out of salt?

The fish for not realizing that they are always surrounded by salty water.

You can run out of anything, its all ordered in bulk and used in bulk. More importantly though is that im not gonna check so asking just puts you on a shit list.

Yeah, nobody runs out of salt. You're bullshitting us, m8.

If your restaurant actually ran out of salt I wouldn't be coming back to it regardless of your shitty attitude.

Looks like a sardine, maybe he likes his shit extra salty.

Yeah well go home for your own fucking salt, cause YOU seem to have run out of salt.

what

you heard me, do nobody runs out of salt, then why don't you have salt on you?
UH
UH
UH
UH

SHOW ME THE POCKETS FULL OF SALT MOTHERFUCKER.

How the fuck would they ever run out of salt? THEY'RE IN THE FUCKING OCEAN!!!

Thank you. If I say were out and you argue with me about it you dont deserve food. Get the fuck out, dont come back. You dont tip for shit anyway, the whiners never do.

>You just told the guest you're out of fucking salt.
>It would be the first time anyone is actually running out of that if I ran into that.

Dude, it's a restaurant ran by Mr. Krabs, if anything he probably doesn't buy enough salt.

"Could you check" or "maybe there's some in the back" are things that are only said by dumbshit retarded customers. Yes I could go check, but it wouldn't fucking help because I just fucking told you we're all out. Do you think you know my inventory better than I do, you literal piece of shit? Do you think I'm lying to my own goddamn customers? Are you trying to fucking insult me here? Is that what we're doing now? If I say we're all out, it's not because there's still some stock in the back. It's because WE'RE ALL FUCKING OUT. Literally the only reason I don't kill you and then myself right fucking now is because it's less effort to disappear in the back for a minute, take the time to jerk off until I stop giving a fuck, and then come back to tell you what I already told you: That we're all out.

I want the lazy """employee""" to leave.

>You dont tip for shit

You're already being paid by your employer, you shouldn't be tipped at all.

Oh yes, because cashiers have never lied before.

I take comfort in knowing how much has happened to your food with that attitude. Some things just take care of themselves.

How hard is it to just say "Sorry, we're definitely out of this. I checked the inventory earlier and happened to notice myself" ? If you can bullshit sincerity like that, customer service quickly drops almost into easy mode. Even the most fickle customers respond better to a decent presentation of character, Squidwards just make their jobs harder for themselves.

>acts like a lazy whiny bitch
>still thinks he deserves a tip

Running out of salt is irrelevant.

The truth is that nobody can outrun the salt.

Speaking of which wasn’t there recently a Google+ post showing the Krabby Patty Formula from SpongeBob? It was really long and half the ingredients weren’t real in this world anyways

Hope you like the taste of employees rubbing their dicks all over your food

I mean think about it. If they're already lying to you, do you really think that whining at them will make them more helpful?

Well, obviously.
If you are being a dick to your customer, they will think you are being a dick and treat you as such.
You can apologize, you can feign an effort, you can blame your boss or the delivery guys, you can make sure you're not running out of basic shit all the time, or you can just write a little note you hang on your register and tell people up front.
Anything to at least act like you take your job remotely serious. Even if your job is a joke. That's not the customer's fault.

>Fast food joints are now on the list of "places people need tips to live"
Goddamn it, American restaurants are bullshit. What the fuck am I supposed to be tipping for in the typical fast food order? With delivery it's travel and with sit-down restaurants, it's supposed to be the service. What's the logic for fast food places? Not being slapped in the face? I gotta give gratuities for being handed food in a paper bag or box? I don't understand why you can't just fold it into the bill instead of putting the onus on me for a goddamned burger.

Isn't there a condiments bar? Go there, you fucking fish.

>imitation crab meat
So Mr. Crabs is just okay with the fact that he is selling imitation crab meat to people? Why would he think crab meat makes a good patty? Does him knowing crab meat taste good, explain why it's a secret formula?

salt is NOT a condiment, it's a spice
I don't give a FUCK what europe says
the fuckers think cheese is a condiment (probably because of france)

Nigga I already pay you through buying the fucking food. I shouldn't have to pay you a second time. Get your boss to pay you better by being better.

>>Insults employee by asking a question and not believing their answer
>>Upset when their ego isnt accommodated
>>Thinks they can now threaten with tips, when costumers like you never tip anyway, you have no leverage
>>Act like entitled ass and feel superior while eating dick cheese pizza

How about I go to your job and ask you for some shit you dont have then throw a bitch fit and ask you to “check” like a fucking child?

>salt is NOT a condiment, it's a spice
Nigger you're straight up retarded if you think salt is a spice.

If they had one, Squidward could have pointed him there, no?

Salt is a chemical compound.
Also being on the condiment bar doesn't mean it is a condiment, just that grouping it there makes practical sense.
Paper tissues aren't condiments either, are they?
Still next to the condiments.

The little pouches of salt and pepper are always where you get forks and knives, napkins, and sauces. I don't see you putting spoons between your buns but it's still called a fucking condiments bar.

How hard is it to accept “we are all out”
What offended you by that statement? You simply dont wanna take it at face value because you are just to important to not have salt. What a crime that has been commited agaisnt you. How unimaginable in our logistically perfect world that a store could run out of a thing!

>you don't run out

I went to a Subway that ran out of fucking bread if you can believe it. The main fucking thing they need for their product

If it's in plain sight, no. The customer should realize they're being a blind idiot without an employee having to point it out.

>Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 10 minutes
Who the fuck bakes a burger?

>only questioning baking the patties
Who the fuck puts additives in their burgers? This is literally a meatloaf recipe.

You are SERVICE staff.
Pointing out where they can get their shit is the least you have to do.

>"could you check?" is throwing a bitch fit like a fucking child

and that's why you don't deserve a tip, you oversensitive faggot.

look at this mineralfag
it's called the spice of life for a reason, motherfucker, never mind the fact that it kills you faster

blatant condiment island propaganda. hope those $0.02 cents were worth undermining the integrity of mustard

Theres no tipping in fast food. Cant take it because of corporate. Things are a little more confusing in a place set up like chipotle. Theres a tip jar and the wages are low and the employee often does put together a lot of custom shit throughout the day. That two bucks into that jar add up quick, and it can wear on you when someone wants a lot, is in a rush, is not polite about it, and after taking more time and effort for them your thank you is that theyll do the same thing no tip twice a week.

Like, until they replace my dumbass job with a robot...there is a human being standing there, you can talk to them like one.

I do when I don't want to grill it.

As long as it hits the correct temp and your season it right it tastes fine. All the oil just pools out of it too

As someone who has worked retail, I can quite clearly state that any chance to alleviate boredom by doing the job and not just waiting around is welcomed because it makes the time go faster. If I say we're out of something, we're out of it; I'll then suggest other things we might have that could fit the bill, but the point is that by and large I want to do my job so I can fill my time with something that isn't cleaning the place or standing around waiting.

I can tell you're one of THOSE customers. You fucking fish.

Sounds like you're just a dickbag, user.

Can tell you've never worked in the service industry. "Could you check?" is a surefire way to become a unanimously hated customer among all the staff.

Theyll just fire me for asking for an extra 25 cents and hire a teenager. And now your food is really fucked, is help but its out of my hands now. To bad you had to be so stingy, now you get teenage dick cheese pizza and I gotta find new work. But dont worry about me friend, the turn around in resturaunts is so high because of this horse shit that theres almost no accountability. Sneeze in your burger at five guys on wednesday... wipe my ass on your wedge salad at your local bar on sunday. Nice folk get nice food. Enjoy the fries.

Oh, I see. I've been shut in the house more than usual for a while, and I thought fast food was adding tips. I haven't gone into places like Chipotle in years, but I can understand giving a tip for stuff like that. I just panicked, I guess.

Remind me never to eat in a restaurant if I go to the US.

I'm a security guard, people ask me to double check all the time. Stop having such an easily bruised ego you lazy piece of shit.

When I worked in a pub here I actively refused tips; American tipping culture and the attitude it brings to people working in the industry is pure cancer.

That's a really pathetic power trip you got there. I tip, but no tipping is no excuse to act like a fucking savage just because you can. Have some dignity.

Don't eat fast food or even fast casual in the US unless you get takeout. Go to a nonchain restaurant and you should have a pleasant experience with good food.

Or you can cook at home like a civilized human being instead of exploiting underpaid workers for less than stellar food.

I never eat out here anyway unless I'm on holiday somewhere.

>security guard
>service industry
Fucking lmao. I don't know why I didn't detect your low IQ sooner. Stupid halibut.

Next time sat you're at least a bouncer. That's a position actually worthy of respect.

It's the same as "could you check in the back?" in terms of pointlessness. You know what they do when they agree? They go to the back room and dick around for a couple of minutes, then come back and confirm that yes, they're completely out just like they just fucking told you. You could have saved five wasted minutes of both of your lives had you not asked.

>be lunch time
>go to KFC
>fat black lady at counter
>"I'll have a famous bowl please"
>"we outa chicken"
>mfw

A restaurant reasonably would carry salt at all times.

A person going to said restaurant would not.

>work retail
>"Do you have X?"
>"We're out."
>"Can you check?"
>"Sure." (I said it's out and I know it's out you stupid bitch. I fucking work here.)
>walk into backstock
>spin in a couple of counter-clockwise circles
>do the Macarena
>check my schedule for next week
>walk back out
>"Sorry we're out."

Everytime.

I have never thought to do this. Is the texture or whatever the same?

>security guards
>not performing a service
Next you're going to tell me that my job is just to stand there. "Bouncer" is one of the many services that can be provided by security guarsds. What I do however is patrol office buldings checking that everything is closed properly, that alarms are set, that are no signs of intruders, flooding, fires, etc. And every fucking time there's an issue I'm asked to double check.
It's really amusing that a fucking waiter/cashier think they're in any position to call someone a retard over their job. You're right, I couldn't handle the intellectual depth of serving people food.

>So Mr. Crabs is just okay with the fact that he is selling imitation crab meat to people? Why would he think crab meat makes a good patty?
Crabs are frequently cannibalistic. They also can regenerate their own limbs, so no killing is required.
Imitation crab is made of fish. He's trying to hide that he is killing fish for his patties when he doesn't have to.

Hahaha. You're trying so hard to prove you're worthy of respect. What are you gonna do? Run me over with a segway, fattie?

I've had people finding out that yes, they do have my size shoe left in the back. Most of the time it's pointless but there are some cases where it works because they don't constantly restock every size of shoes and clothes for instance.

You know how I know where out? Because I checked.
If I check for every costumer again just to make them feel better because they arent capable of trusting me to do my job, then I wont be able to do my job.

What you are asking me to do is patronize you. Im gonna walk in the back, shoot the shit with Jorge in dish about how dumb customers are, I might ask the chef “yo were still outta salt right?” And the chef will look at you like your an annoying prick because if a shipment came in youd know cause you help put the salt where it goes.

And after that fun break you forced me to take, the phones backed up, the line you cut is backed up, some orders havnt gone out...and SAME RESULT. No salt.

Next time take my word for it instead of abusing “the customers always right” horseshit. Because you as a customer are not right, you dont have magic insight into my job, you arent entitled to more then you buy and I dont owe you gratitude simply for shopping.

Could you check is saying you dont know how to do your laughably simple job. To which my response can only be go sit down, shut the fuck up, and choke down your food.

Not that user, but security guard isn't considered part of the "service industry".

What about the drink debacle? Who was in the wrong here?

Everyone is worthy of respect. Of course I wouldn't expect someone who spits in people's food because they're offended that someone dares to ask them to do their job to understand that.
You're a piece of shit user, and you know it too, going hahaha Paul Blart isn't going to change that.

I believe in the customer always being right, but I also believe in common courtesy, so if you don't give respect, don't expect it in return. That's why this situation leaves me conflicted.

But then I remember it's a wacky kid cartoon show, so it doesn't bother me much further.

So we're all just gonna ignore that's fucking Squidward, the dude who does anything he can to avoid doing any actual work.

>An industry made up of companies that primarily earn revenue through providing intangible products and services.
>Service industry companies are involved in retail, transport, distribution, food services, as well as other service-dominated businesses. Also called service sector, tertiary sector of industry. See also primary industry, secondary industry.
>Read more: businessdictionary.com/definition/service-industry.html

>everyone is worthy of respect
Oooooh boy. Here we go. Why don't you move to Sweden, user? In America, you gotta earn respect.

>Everyone is worthy of respect.

Respect is earned. On top of that, I have never EVER seen someone on the internet defend service jobs OR the people who work them. I find it bizarre someone isn't ashamed enough of their job to admit working fast food.

This. You retards are reading into this way too much. Unless that was OP's plan all along.

>yelling at the DELIVERY BOY for getting your order wrong
Mr. Krabs took the call and made the order. He should have known.

One of the worst things I hate about customers is when they assume I'm lying when I tell them something. I don't get paid to fucking lie.

Let me talk to your manager, OP and waste EVERYONE'S time.

It’s not that much a shame. At least you are working, many other people won’t even do that, or have the opportunity to do so. It doesn’t matter where you work or if it is a service job, it’s respectable to be contributing.

>>being asked to double check something as a security guard when somethings off is THE EQUIVALENT of having a customer have you check for some salt you know you dont have

I was unprepared for this level of stupid

>I never buy anything or go anywhere ever to eat.

Huh. Interesting. Is shipping and handling for food and groceries a lot, user? Just curious. I see groceries online all the time and wondered if people like yourself pay a lot in shipping.

>all this salt in a thread debating the existence of hypothetical salt

Really make you think. ..

By spitting in people's food and bragging about it? Good luck with that.
I don't mean everyone is worthy of deference, but you should treat people with some courtesy at least.

>I have never EVER seen someone on the internet defend service jobs OR the people who work them
You really, really haven't been paying attention. I understand food service jobs suck big time (my best friend works in that field) and I have sympathy for that, but it's hard to defend them when every time it's brought up here they all fucking admit on fucking with the food for mundane "offenses" from customers.

You two are such edgelords. Respect is like the legal system, "innocent until proven guilty", that is, give respect as a courtesy until you have explicit reason not too.

For the record, I worked retail for over 2 years so don't even try this "you don't know" crap on me.

I will concede to shoes, but I think most retail folk would. Shoes are different from Salt or a game console tho.

I worked in a gamestop when the Wii launched. Any respect I had for customers died long ago.

I respect people with dirty jobs. Hard, brutal jobs in dangerous places.
I respect farmers and cattle ranchers. They provide food and work hard.

I pity people in the service industry and give them courtesy because I feel bad for them.

Yeah, you're right, double checking that that pipe I just checked wasn't leaking is indeed still not leaking is totally different.

>You two are such edgelords.
The phrase, "respect is earned" is older than you and I've heard it many times before you were even born and I was told it was a very old phrase before that.

You gotta understand that Krabs is having Spongebob and Squidward do the job of 4 people, minimum. There's been a couple of episodes where Squidward had to get off the register in the middle of work and run inventory, which is done at least 3 days in advance so whichever company (like Cisco) can have ample time to prepare the shipment and deliver it.

The problem here is that Squidward works on the register, so he's also tallying what the exact amount of items are being used every order save for condiments like mustard and salt. And that's easily rectified by whomever gets stuck on refilling duty when the doors close. That means that Squid is the most qualified to tell the customer off the bat if they're out of something, but it's also his fault they ran out of it in the first place.