Steven Universe

Some new footage was leaked from the portuguese version. Lapis is back
youtube.com/watch?v=E36sNlqEKD0&feature=youtu.be

I'm curious what she's doing with that water orb

Why did Lapis fuck off in the first place? The Diamonds are too busy being incompetent to make a visit to Earth, and blow it up themselves.

>lapis back this early
God fucking damnit, i thought we were rid of her

So, the portuguese get the show now earlier?

Is that some sort of punishment for south america?

She spent 1000s of years trapped in a mirror without as so much being able to change where she looks.

She is scared shitless of the chance of being caged again.

They think the Cluster will emerge any day now, but when they realize it flopped than there's no reason not to resume the war with Earth

artificial drama, because no one working for Steven Universe thinks further than five episodes ahead. If even.

The only way how to make Lapis a good character is if it turns out she is a freaking Starscream and goes to drown Steven in the finale for the diamonds

It's going to be such an "oh shit" moment when Yellow Diamond figures out the Cluster was a failure

Well, on the plus side she's not doing some horseshit cliche "reappear just in the nick of time to save somebody's life" thing.

what if that is going to happen prior to what we see in that scene?

>Learns the Cluster is not going to emerge, cause Steven is such a dunce, he spills the beans.
>If Yellow were intelligent: That's it! Destroy the bubble and let the cluster emerge.
>What will most likely happen: Sits there with thumbs up her ass and does nothing for ten episodes focused on the townies.

peridot and gems on the beach are some kind of holodeck fantasy similar to Roses Room, the water orb is part of this 'holodeck'. you can see the beach scene blink out of existence at the end, revealing a dark blue scifi setting.

'change my mind' is the song and we knew it was lapis months ago.

probably Steven is observing her being miserably lonely and guilty 'i can't just go back, even though i want to' through a dream.

When is Lapis going to get shattered or turn out to be a Homeworld spy?

>Lapis is back

I wonder who she's going to abuse in a relationship now.

>revealing a dark blue sci first setting

yeah I figured she was doing another reflection thing like in Same Old World
But it looks a lot different here
So are Lapis' specifically designed to record Gem history?

It's more likely that the audio isn't synced than it being fanmade, the animation is too good
There is no audio for the 2 seconds—I think there's where the desyncing happened

>portugese dub
>animated in english
are....are u for real?

>lapis
i dont care.
either way that doesnt sound like "escapism",at least for me

I'm from south america and I can say that: It's a punishment, the crewniverse fucking hate us

>implying the crewniverse has any control on how their show is published/marketed

M8, the episode airing list here is pretty stupid. We hace longer hiatus and disordened episodes. Well, I don't care cuz I watch SU with subtitles.

>Babe is back
Great, now if only Aquamarine could come back as well

What if the cluster is Yellow Diamond's attempt to bring back Pink.

Fuck you for getting my hopes up OP. Should have just used a Lapis pic as OP.

What an awful picture you chose for the OP

I don't think it's a fantasy, I think it's really Peridot and the gems, but Steven is seeing multiple things at once

Summoning Kyorge

Lapis' are meant to terraform, which is why Lazuli can manipulate water. Id imagine depending on the type a lapis might be able to manipulate different elements.

So here´s what i think is happening
The vision with peri and friends is real, and lapis is seeing it through some hologram shit that she either found or is a secret power of hers (wouldnt be the first time a character receives a power up out of nowhere). If its a device, its that orb that shes using to see peri and friends.
So steven finds her on the place with that device by accident, they have a talk, and she starts to sing.
And i do think its happening on earth and lapis came back, but didnt tell anyone because she is a coward. Or maybe just to pick up that orb thing.

>this could be you but you're busy being an emo bitch

Am I the only one who hates Aquamarie because her poor and boring design (circle tool abuse), also the crewniverse basically stole the design of Cirno.

I think Lapis is alone in the barn, Peri and the gems are the beach, and Steven is on the moonbase. The orb is showing Steven what different gems are up to because that's what it does, and how the Diamonds would keep watch over the members of their colony

Kek

that would be cool.
also it would make that orb the plot device the crew needs to show scenes without steven. because you know,the stupid "everything through stevens eye" rule

The Crewniverse confirmed that they based her design off Eric Cartman.

In her defense, the Crystal Gems never came clean about what they knew regarding her imprisonment in the mirror. After Ocean Gem concluded everyone conveniently forgot about explaining themselves.

How?
She just wanted to kill earth in revenge.
It's why they spent so much time trying to kill Rose, it's why they probably caused the corruption, and why they decided to use all shattered pieces from the war to a make a monstrosity that will destroy the earth just by being created.

that's the moon base orb.

steven goes to the moon after what happened in "jungle moon", hoping for more information about pink and the other diamonds, but finds lapis there. lapis has been observing the earth since she left because, deep down, she still learned to love what was on the planet. the orb is a spectation/observation device, so that diamonds and other gem elites can oversee work on the connected colony without actually having to go there.

the stuff in the clip is lapis and steven looking on at the temple/beach. peridot has a support group there to make her feel better, while lapis has been wallowing by herself, with nothing to make things better.

lapis also forgot about her revenge, or trying to tell steven how the CGS are evil.

I feel like another function of Blue Diamond Court Lapis Lazuli's are to record Gem history
Considering she was stuck in a mirror and can do shit like in OP vid and

>steven goes to the moon after what happened in "jungle moon", hoping for more information about pink and the other diamonds,
>steven is actually doing shit
fuck yes.
he probably is still with lars and asked him to stop by

Gotta love those plot holes.

Yeah, it's clearly Lapis looking at what she left behind and singing about how much of a shit she is.

>She is scared shitless of the chance of being caged again.
But what she's doing is literally just caging and isolating herself again, just with a bigger cage.
She's really not the sharpest gem.

How? The thing is established at being an amalgation of thousands of gem shards from all over the world, with the personalities of their former selves. How is that going to bring back pink?

well as long as steven doesnt go "dindu nuffin" im fine with this. any lapis hate is good.

Please user. Please. Don't hype me, Don't hype me...

>Shadman.gif
Just, y?

everyone has a shitposting image on standby should a shadman picture be posted. that one just happens to be related to steven universe.

>stole cirno's design

Nothing wrong with taking some design elements from something. It's not like she looks the exact same.

I agree that her design is shitty and lazy though. Something like this would be better.

but thats almost the same

shoestring budgets don't allow for intricate and highly detailed character designs

So it's like Lars looking at the pics of Sadie doing good with cool kids and being salty about it?

yeah but in song form

the entire lars in space+sadie killer happened literally after peridot and lapis separated. Its a direct comparison. Most human characters are.
The problem is most of the time we get onion shit instead of sadie killer

Good character design doesn't have to be detailed or complicated.

>Well, maybe it's best if we can't reach you. If the Diamonds do show up and destroy the planet, we'll never know!

So they lied

i havent seen that confirmed anywhere

it was in one of the episodes of the show's podcast, focusing on the episode "i am my mom". according to the former writers matt burnett and ben levin, rebecca meant for aqua to be somewhat based on cartman, and for topaz to be based on takeo gouda.

>animation is too good
isn't that more likely a sign that it's fanmade?

topaz looks more like a pillar men than gouda

So, assuming that's the moon base orb, I guess the barn's on the moon? I thought she'd go someplace with water, but I guess it's nice that she's still close by.

Actually, that still sounds fucking weird because she should figure the moon is a very likely place the Diamonds will visit if they return, so I don't think this is where this scene takes place.

I mean she did kinda go out of her way to not talk to them

she literally would rather imprison herself at the bottom of the sea with Jasper than be rational and talk to the Crystal Gems

Lapis chose to avoid the rest of the Crystal Gems at literally every turn its her fault she never became one of them they were just respecting her wishes to be left alone

She can abuse me if she wants. I'm so desperate at this point, I will partake in a relationship of any form.
Plus she is cute so it's really not so terrible.

It's CN execs that hate everyone.

Nice joke! High Five, buddy!

Her design has grown on me

lapis is canonically an idiot,so..

Steven could've asked the CG what the fuck was going on.

I assume its more likely she came back to the moon

like she went out into space and got lonely so she went back to the moon

she's like a friend staring into a house from the outside too nervous to go knock on the door

pretty much.

>gems didn't seem to care that she had apparently left in "same old world"
>in "hit the diamond", she hides at the back of the barn, away from everyone else. only reluctantly joins the game because steven asked her.
>didn't go with peridot to the beta kindergarten in "earthlings"
>in "earthlings"/"back to the moon", she probably only barely told the CGs that the rubies were there offscreen, and didn't go with them to the moon.
>didn't go with peridot in "the kindergarten kid".
>only helps gather the vegetables in "gem harvest" because steven asks her to, pretty much says she hates the gems and the the earth during the dinner.
>isn't really too into roleplaying as the CGs

if she wanted to, she would've BEEN interacted with them, but she doesn't really care to.

I hope that when she comes back, they actually do something with peridot and lapis' characters and not have it end up like last time.

>…Me encontre no aconchego desse mar
>E já não estou tão só.
>Mas as cores desva(necem?)
>
>…I found myself in the comfort of this sea
>And now I’m not that alone
>But the colors fade…

It definitely sounds like 'That Distant Shore,' which makes me happy because Escapism felt too short to be an impressive singing premiere for her. This song, on the other hand, sounds like it has the potential to be really good, though I thought this Lapis face at the beginning looked kind of goofy in that context. Since the lyrics are about her being comfortable in the sea and the title of the song refers to the shore being "distant", it sounds like she's singing about how she always isolates herself by surrounding herself with the ocean so no one can get to her, but also realizes that it's hurting her to be away from those who care about her (recall Alone at Sea, "You can't let one bad experience with water change that!" "...it was more than one."). So it's like a drug for her, she knows that she should just let other people in who can support her but somehow she can't stop herself from running away and shutting them out.

Near the end of the clip, you can see that the "orb" is actually a hologram of the Earth and starts transforming into a Gem colony, akin to It Could've Been Great, so I'm not sure if it's that orb from the moon bases, but the background definitely looks like some kind of Homeworld decor. We can also see the lighting hitting Steven, so I think he is indeed there with her in person and not dream projecting again.

Now we just have Escapism left to figure out, I doubt Lapis would get two whole songs within such a short span of each other. Speaking of which, will Escapismposter keep using Lapis for their images?

this

lapis is poop

>if she didn't leave them all to die
>Help us, Lapis! I know your biggest gripe is people treating you like a valuable tool, so the wording is really tricky, but that's basically the gist of why we need you.

In all my years of judging
I have never heard before
Of someone more deserving
Of the full penalty of law!!!!

Crazy,
Over the rainbow, I am crazy...
Bars in the window...

The way you made her suffer,
Your exquisite diamond mother,
Fills me with the urge to defecate!!!!

tear down the wall, my Diamond

All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad diamond's wall

Maybe its a dream like chil tide.

Nice looks like we'll have cute episodes in 6 months or so!

>Lapis is back

Anyway, isn't it about time to change the opening? Or are they waiting for Jasper and Lapis to be redeemed?

are people really so out of bullshit to complain about that they're now bitching about the fucking intro that was changed twice in 5 seasons?

It could also explain how Stevonnie was able to see Pink's memories; the orbs record everything they observe.

It doesn't look like user is complaining, just wondering. They gave us the impression that changing the opening would be a thing in this show, and as time goes on more and more things in it become out of date - like Amethyst's outfit, Lars, etc

alright alright
>I wouldn't mind if they updated the intro either tbqhdesufam
>I still sing along to it anyway

Is there any more Aquamarine fanart with these proportions? I need to know for research.

Green diamond when?

It's not a failure just yet...

>The Cluster is bubbled
>In order to stop it from destroying the Earth, Steven sends it to the Temple
>The Temple is destroyed
>Many bubbles pop
>The Cluster begins to emerge, but it won't destroy the Earth now
>Instead it turns on the Homeworld Fleet

Literally never.

I'd rather have five townie filler episodes than one episode even slightly about Lapis.

never
diamonds are pure and never fuse
as it is, gems shouldn't fuse either, according to their doctrine
so no green diamond

fuck off sugar you talentless hack

Peridot still isn't officially a Crystal Gem. She just kind of exists near them and is acquainted with them.

Ok anons let's hear it

What fusion do you want to see in future episodes?

>lapis steven pearl fusion when